‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 26

The sun steadily rose up as a black SUV drove pass the boardwalk and into the woods. Karen's eyes were completely focused on the road ahead as they entered the Tampa Bay Woods.

"How much further?" Karen asked Abby.

"Start to slow down here." Abby said.

Karen slowed down and stopped the car parking it near some bushes where it was hidden. The three adults got out the car and walked to the front of the SUV.

Abby put the map of the hood she took out the crystal it swirled over the map before dropping down on a spot.

"They're somewhere near the edge of the woods." Abby said. "This is near the ocean."

"Wonder why they chose all the way there." Johnny said.

"Cause no one ever wonders there cause it's the deepest darkest part of the woods." Karen said walking to the back of the car.

The other two followed her as she opened the trunk they gathered the materials and weapons they brought with them and armed themselves.

"Okay y'all ready?" Abby asked.

They nodded. "Let's get out family back." Karen said.

The three entrered the woods cautiously Abby walked in the front holding the map with Avenged's location lit by the crystal. They walked for about ten minutes as the woods got deeper till the sun was blocked by the tall trees.

"We're in the deepest part but I don't see no sign of a house or them." Johnny said.

"I can't sense them either." Karen said. "What does the map say Abby?"

Abby looked to find the lit spot stop where they were. "Nothing it stops here."

"That means they have the house shielded from us." Johnny said looking over her shoulder.

He picked up a rock and threw it then picked up another throwing it in a different direction.

"Johnny!" Abby whispered. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find the damn shield." He said picking up a stick.

Abby grabbed his arm. "You have to stop otherwise they'll or someone else will hear us."

"We just have to find her Abby." He said desperately. "No telling what they've done to her."

"I know Johnny and we will find her." Abby said giving him a comforting hug. "We'll find them all."

"Okay." Johnny said managing a smile.

Abby noticed Karen walking along a perimeter of the woods.

"Kar?" She said walking over.

Karen held a finger up she held a hand up and moved it till it stopped. She felt something that felt like a wall closing her eyes she opened them revealing her wolf eyes. Karen breathed slowly letting her breath escape her lips.

Her breath hit the shield making an electric current go up. "They're here."

Abby and Johnny walked over as another electric current went up.

"Let's break it." Abby said taking her sister's hand.

The sisters closed their eyes and concentrated raising their hands. Both opened their eyes revealing pure white eyes their hands shot out bright white light and hit the shield.

"The hell was that?" Valary said waking up.

Matt got up and went to the window. "I don't believe it."

"What?" Val asked coming over her face twisting in shock and anger. "They're still alive but how?"

"Doesn't matter just get the others up." Matt said.

Electric currents went up the little bit of shield that was up as it came down and vanished into the ground revealing an the house.

"How did y'all do that?" Johnny asked. "I've never seen your power like that?"

"Prayed to our ancestors and mom last night." Abby said. "Looks like they answered my prayers."

"Hopefully they'll remain with us till this is over let's go." Karen said leading the way.

They approached the house till they were on the front porch Abby raised her hand and made a twisting motion unlocking and opening the door.

The three walked in to find the house dark Karen raised her hand as light illuminated from it.

"Where do we look first?" Johnny asked.

"Upstairs." Abby said.

They walked up the stairs stopping as a step creaked under their feet. At the top of the stairs they looked down the hallway finding multiple doors.

"Are y'all okay with splitting up?" Karen asked.

"Honestly no but we'll cover more area if we do." Abby said.

With this said the three went their separate ways. Johnny went into a room sensing nothing he left. Going into another he stopped hearing a small whimper.

He walked to the closet and opened it he gasped to find Charlie inside bound gagged and semiconscious.

"Charlie?" He said touching her cheek.

Her eyes fluttered open they widen seeing him and she started thrashing around and talking muffled.

"It's okay now Charlie I'm here." He said removing the gag.

Charlie gasped for air. "It's a trap!" She said as the door closed revealing Zacky and Rev.

Abby saw a part of the wall ajar she kicked it and looked in finding nothing. As she started to walk away she heard a groan.

"Ashton?" She said and started pulling the wall open.

Inside was Ashton tortured but alive. "Ashton." She said stroking his hair.

Ashton looked at her with a weak smile that faded as a large shape appeared behind Abby.

Karen closed her eyes. "Mina where are you?" She said in her mind.

"Mommy?" Mina said. "I'm in here!"

"Where?" Karen asked.

"All the at the end of the hall." Mina said.

Karen walked all the way to the end of the hallway and went inside the last room. She looked around and heard a whimpering noise.

She held the palm of light up till it landed on a small cage inside was a sma gray silver wolf.

"Mina?" Karen whispered walking over and dropping to her knees.

"Mommy!" She said and licked her hand.

"Look what they've done to you." Karen said grabbing the lock. "I'm gonna get you out."

"Momma look out!" Mina said.

Karen turned as she was slapped by a furry paw that threw her against the wall.

She touched her bleeding cheek her eyes widen as a large black wolf came out the shadows.