‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 5

"I forgot that Brody had inherited the witch gene too." Karen said.

"How could you?" Abby asked.

"Because he's never showed any kind of peer relating to witchcraft." She said, "Plus as time goes on it seems like the wolf gene is becoming more dominate."

"Hopefully we can get that out of him." Abby said.

"How?" She asked. "We've already tired and all we could do is remove half."

"Remember when I was losing some of my vampire abilities?" Abby asked.

Karen nodded. "Because you were using your powers more therefore the witch gene was becoming more dominate over the vampire side."

"Exactly." Abby said. "So the only way to stop the wolf gene from taking over and possibly defeating Avenged is...

Karens eyes widen. "Abby you're not actually thinking of having Brody and Mina fight are you?"

"I'm just saying maybe if we expose them to their hertiage and help them practice...

Karen shook her head. "We're not doing that."

"But Karen...

"I said no!" She said firmly. "It's bad enough they're back but having my kids fight against Avenged and practicing spells and such this young?" "It's not happening."

"Karen you'll have to tell them sometime." Abby said. "Especially since Mina is making things float."

"I don't have to tell them anything about their heritage." Karen said.

"So you're gonna keep their heritage and what they are from them?" She asked. "Just like mom did to us?"

Karen sighed. "I'm just scared and I don't want them in danger."

"They're already in danger." Abby said. "Especially since not only Brian but all of them know about Brody and Mina." "If we can do little baby steps to strengthen their abilities maybe it'll help against them."

"Abby they're nothing but children." Karen said.

"They're kids who are half witch and half wolf." She said. "I know they're young as they won't understand but that doesn't mean they can't practice."

"I don't like this but it would become helpful against them." She said. "So what do we do?"

"I'll talk to Charlie about it." Abby said.

Karen nodded and hugged Abby. "I'm scared Abs."

"We all are but we can't run away or let them get us." Abby said.

"Okay." Karen said. "I'm gonna give the kids a bath."

"And I'm gonna talk to Charlie about it right now." Abby said opening the door.

She walked to the house next door and knocked. Johnny answered it.

"What's up Abby?" He asked.

"I need to talk to Charlie." She said.

He nodded and stepped aside to let her in. Abby walked in to find Charlie sitting at the table with a map out and a tracker crystal hovering above it.

She opened her eyes as they entered.

"Whatcha doing Char?" Abby asked sitting down.

"I was trying to pin point where they are currently." She said. "It'll let us know how much time we have to prepare for them."

"Where are they?" She asked.

Charlie continued to hold the crystal till it finally dropped down on their location.

"They're currently in Arizona." She said.

"Which gives us enough time." Abby said.

"I hope it's enough." Charlie said. "Since they're hellbent on revenge they'll probably be here sooner."

"We can't think like that." Abby said. "I have something I need to talk to you about."

"What?" Charlie asked.

"As you know Brody and Mina are half witch genes since Karen is half witch." She said. "I was thinking maybe we could teach them."

Charlie eyes widen. "They're nothing but two Abby."

"That doesn't mean we can't help their powers get stronger." She said. "Mina is already showing signs of her powers."

"And you think it'll help against Avenged." Ashton said entering the room.

Abby nodded. "I do think it'll help."

"They're so young though." Johnny said.

"It shouldn't matter." Abby said. "Two half witches, a medium, a shapeshifter, and an incubus might not be enough." "But all of us combined with a half witch/wolf, and a half wizard/wolf might be enough." "And I would never put my niece and nephew in this kind of danger if I didn't think they could help in defeating them."

Charlie thought about it. "Okay but we'll begin slowly with little things."

Abby nodded. "When do they begin their training?"

"Tomorrow." Charlie said.

"You know I can't wait to see my litte pups." Brian said as they rested in a motel room.

"More fleabags to worry about." Valay said. "Oh joy."

"Maybe I'll train them how to eat the cat up." He said with a smirk.

Valary eyes flared as she hissed.

"Speaking of which what exactly are we gonna do about the midgets?" Zacky asked. "I know we're gonna kill the others but what about the kids."

"Maybe we can get them on our side." Matt said.

Brian grinned. "First thing to do is turn them against mommy."

"Okay y'all ready?" Abby asked the twins as they walked to the house.

"What are we gonna do today Auntie Abby?" Brody asked.

"Aunt Charlie is gonna show y'all some new tricks." She said.

"Yay!" They said. "Will it be fun?" Mina asked.

Abby nodded. "But you'll have to be serious about it or it won't work."

"Okay." They said in unison.

Abby knocked the door and Ashton answered it. He gestured them in and they entered.

He lead them to the living room where Charlie and Johnny were closing up the curtains and lighting candles.

"Why is it dark?" Mina asked.

"It has to be or it won't work." Abby said.

"Hey cuties you ready to learn?" Charlie asked.

"Yes!" They yelled.

She laughed. "Well sit down around the table."

Everyone sat down while Charlie sat with the book in front of her and turned it to a page.

"What are we gonna learn first Auntie Charlie?" Mina asked.

"You're gonna learn how to make this rock float." She said placing a purple quartz stone on the table.

"How do I do it?" Mina asked.

"Close your eyes and picture it in the air." Charlie said.

Mina closed her eyes and saw the stone in her hands. Everyone gasped as the stone flew into Mina's hand.

"I did it!" She said jumping. "I did it!"

"Me next!" Brody said.

Everyone laughed. "Okay put the stone back down Mina."

She put it back on the table. "Okay Brody do what I told your sister to do."

Brody closed his eyes and pictured the stone in his hands. It never lifted.

He opened his eyes and pouted. "Try again little dude." Ashton said.

Brody closed his eyes again. The stone didn't move an inch.

"Why can't I do it?" Brody asked.

"Maybe you just need more practice." Charlie said getting up. "Abby a word."

Abby got up and followed Charlie into the kitchen.

"He can't do it like Mina can." Charlie said. "And I sense it's because if what you and Karen feared."

"The wolf side is dominating over the witch side." Abby whispered.