‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 7

Abby didn't sleep a wink that night. She stayed up with Michelle's words still ringing in her ears.

"We'll be seeing y'all and the little ones soon.•

They were getting closer and Abby had no doubt they either intended on harming or using Brody and Mina for their own malevolent purposes.

She got up her eyes heavy and her body feeling slightly drained from the lack of sleep.

Getting up she showered, got dressed, and walked into the kitchen.

Karen was sitting there alone sipping her coffee.

"Thank goodness she's alone I can tell her now." Abby thought sitting down.

"Morning Abbs." Karen said looking up. "You don't look so good."

"Probably not I didn't sleep at all last night." She said.

"Because of another nightmare?" Karen asked.

"No worse." Abby said. "Last night Michelle called me on the hotline."

Karen's eyes went wide. "She did?"

Abby nodded. "And she said they wanted revenge and that they would be seeing us and the twins real soon."

"They're getting closer then." Karen said looking down and looked up tears forming. "And they're after my kids."

Abby nodded. "And I have a feeling they're gonna try to use the twins for their own purposes."

"Knowing them no doubt." Karen says getting up and pouring her coffee down the drain.

She came back over and sat down. "I'm scared Abby."

"We all are Kar." She said.

"Maybe we should just run away." Karen suggested.

"It won't do any good they'll just find us and keep pursuing us." Abby said. "We have to stay and fight back."

Karen sighed. "What does Charlie have planned for them today?"

"More defense spells." Abby said.

"What if Brody can't do it?" Karen asked. "I'm scared for him more than Mina." "Since the wolf side is more dominant Brian will try to use that to his advantage."

"He won't be able to if we keep practicing and continue to build up Brody's powers." Abby said. "I'm scared for him more too but since he can do spells with Mina's help there's still a chance."

"Let's just hope he gets it fast." Karen said.

Abby nodded and smiled as the sound of running footsteps were heard from the hallway.

"Hi mommy and Auntie Abby." They said in unison.

"Hey babies." Karen said as they ran over hugging her.

"Mommy do we get to learn some more tricks from Auntie Charlie today?" Mina asked.

Karen laughed. "Yes you do."

"Yay!" They both said and started jumping up and down excited.

Abby got up. "Let's get y'all some breakfast, a bath, then we can head on over there."

"She called you last night?" Ashton asked.

Abby nodded. "They're getting closer."

"That's putting it mildly." Charlie said as the crystal dropped on Mississippi. "That's where they currently are."

"Only two more states than they're here." Johnny said.

"We should get started immediately." Charlie said getting in and grabbing the book.

They walked into the living room where Mina was making a ball spin and Brody was trying to make his float higher.

"Okay you two are you ready to learn some more?" Charlie asked.

"Yes." They both said coming over.

Charlie sat down and placed the book on the table. She got up and placed a glass on a table.

"Whatcha doing Auntie Charlie?" Brody asked.

"Watch." She said pointing a finger.

Everyone watched as Charlie made the glass float then she made a motion making the glass shatter.

"Yay!" Mina said clapping her hands. "Can I try now?"

Charlie nodded and made the broken glass float and the pieces slowly went back into place.

Mina walked forward and raised both hands making the glass slowly float. She made a small motion and the glass slowly broke into little shards still floating.

Then she made them come back together still it was whole again.

"How was that?" She asked.

"That was really good." Charlie said. "Now it's your turn Brody."

"I can't do it." He said. "I can't do any of the tricks without Mina's help."

"Just because you need help doesn't mean you can't do them." Abby said squatting down to meet his face.

"But why can't I do it by myself but Mina can?" He asked.

"It just comes naturally to Mina." Abby said. "Just because it doesn't come as naturally to you doesn't mean you won't be able to do it by yourself."

"If I practice more will I?" He asked.

Abby nodded. "Let's try right now."

He nodded and took over Mina's previous position. He raised his hands and tried to make the glass float.

It didn't more an inch. He closed his eyes and tried harder it slowly began to move till it floated.

"Try to make it come apart Brody." Mina said.

He closed his eyes tightly there was a cracking noise as it broke in the middle. And slowly it came apart.

"Brody you did it!" Mina said clapping her hands.

He opened his eyes and smiled and slowly made it come back together.

"I did it!" He said.

Abby laughed. "See?" "And you did it all on your own."

"What next?" He asked.

"Now we're going to practice camouflage." Charlie said.

"I'm going for lunch Karen." Brandy said. "You okay by yourself?"

"Yeah I am." She said putting a folder back.

It was a slow day at the school. Then again it was the middle of school and no one really had any questions.

Karen sighed and thought maybe she should've gone to lunch with Brandy. It would've taken her mind off of all the events.

At that moment the phone rang. She quickly grabbed it.

"Good afternoon Tampa Florida Elementary how may I help you?" She asked.

"Yes I want to enroll my two kids in school." A voice that sounded vaguely familiar said.

"Okay what are the genders and their ages?" She asked grabbing a form.

"They're fraternal twins a boy and a girl." He said. "And their two years old."

"Sir you can't enroll your kids if they're only two." She said.

"I couldn't enroll them even if I wanted to." He said. "Cause you see I've never seen or met them in my life."

"Why's that?" She asked.

"Cause my former girlfriend killed me along with her sister and fled while she was pregnant with them." He said.

Karen gasped and her eyes widen. "Brian?" She whispered.

He chuckled. "Hello Karen it's so nice to hear your voice."

"The feeling is not mutual." She said.

"Aaw come on Karen as strange as it may sound I miss you." He said. "And I can't wait to see you along with my little pups."

"You're not going anywhere near my kids." She said angrily.

"Our kids." He said. "We made them together."

"They're not gonna end up or be like you." She said. "I won't let that happen."

"We shall see Karen." He said. "We'll just see his they turn out when I get a hold of them."

With that said all Karen heard was a dial tone. Karen looked at a picture of her and the twins.

"He's not gonna get them." She said. "I may die trying but they won't get my babies."