‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 8

Karen drove home tense and with Brian's words still ringing in her ears. Brandy had returned from lunch noticing her on the edge demeanor. As an excuse she told her she was sick and was told to go home for which she was thankful for.

After the calls from Brian and Michelle and them getting closer she had a strong need to be with her children, sister, and friends.

Arriving home she got out and immediately went to the house next door. Walking in she heard the children's sounds of delight and amusement.

Coming to the living room she found Charlie and Abby showing them how to bend and twist a tire iron.

Abby looked up seeing her and stopped. "Karen what are you doing home early?"

Everyone turned around and the twins jumped up excited.

"Mommy!" They said running to and grabbing Karen's legs.

"Hi my babies." She said picking them up and hugging them tightly.

"Why are you home early mom?" Brody asked.

"Mommy wasn't feeling too well so she came home." She said putting them down and giving the others a look.

"Kids lets go outside and play with Grace for a while." Ashton said getting up. "Your mom has to have a talk with your Aunts."

"Okay." They said following him and Johnny out the front door.

"Karen what happened?" Charlie asked.

"He called me." She said. "Brian called me at the school today."

"What did he say?" Abby asked eyes widen and worried.

"He said they're getting closer and he can't wait to see his kids." She said. "He also said we'll see how the kids turn out when he gets a hold of them."

Abby gasped and walked over hugging her sister. "He won't get Brody and Mina." "We won't let him."

"I'm more worried for Brody than for Mina." She said. "Seeing how the wolf gene is more dominant." "I know that he'll use that to his advantage."

"We're all more concerned for Brody than Mina but we can't give up." Charlie said. "Today he was able to do three spells by himself without Mina's or our help." "He's getting stronger."

"It makes me feel a little better but still." Karen said.

Abby stood deep in thought then snapped her fingers. "Charlie who made all of our pendants?"

"They were made by my grandmothers good friend her name is Sahara." She said.

"Since our pendants are the source of some of our powers is it possible to get Brody and Mina one as well?" Abby asked.

Charlie smiled. "It's already been done."

"What do you mean?" Abby asked confused.

Charlie walked to her room and came back out with a small box. She opened it revealing two pendants.

One was of the sun and the other was of the crescent moon. Both were glowing softly but they glowed brighter when Abby touched them.

"These are perfect." She said. "When she you get them?"

"Got them done a long time ago when we found out Karen was pregnant." She said. "I got them made for, if, and when the twins starting exhibiting thier powers and we trained them."

Karen took the box and looked at them both. "Let's give them to them now."

Both nodded and followed Karen to the front door and walked outside where the twins were playing with Grace, Ashton, and Johnny.

"Mom!" Mina said and ran over with Brody following.

"Hey you two." She said. "I have something for you."

"What is it?" They asked in unison.

Karen squatted down and opened the box.

"Those are for us?" Brody asked eyes wide.

Karen nodded. "Your Aunt Charlie got them made for you." "They'll help you with your tricks."

"Thank you Auntie!" They both yelled running into and hugging Charlie who almost fell over.

"You're welcome." She said.

"Which one is mine?" Mina asked.

"The moon is." Charlie said taking it out and putting it around her neck.

"It looks like mommy's." She said.

Karen pulled hers out. "It does except yours is just a moon."

"The sun is mine?" Brody asked.

Charlie nodded putting it around his neck. "Have you ever seen pictures of the sun inside a crescent moon?" She asked.

The twins nodded. "It's because the sun and the moon work together to bring us night and day." "Light and dark." "If it wasn't for those two we wouldn't be able to live."

"Why's that Auntie Charlie?" Brody asked.

"It's because the sun gives us light which helps things grow and the moon also gives us light in the darkness and it's said that both provide out bodies we things we need." Abby said.

The twins nodded. "Look Brody it's glowing!" Mina said holding hers up.

"Why is it?" He asked.

"It's because your powers are getting stronger." Karen said. "And your pendants glow also whenever there is someone else with poets around."

She pulled out hers along with Charlie and Abby.

"Does this mean we're strongest together?" Mina asked.

"That's right especially you two." Abby said. "Cause you're twins and y'all have abilities that y'all can do together."

"Cool." Brody said making everyone laugh.

"Goodbye Georgia." Jimmy said with an evil grin. "Hello Florida."

"We're almost there." Valary said. "I can't wait for this."

"Me neither." Matt said. "I want to see if Abby is still the same meek person we all know."

Brian smirked. "And if Karen is still the same animal she was." He said suggestively.

"Barf." Michelle said burying her face in the book.

"Welcome to Tampa." Zacky said as they drove pass the sign.

"Mommy is there a reason we're learning all these tricks?" Mina asked as Karen tucked them in.

"Why do you ask sweetheart?" She asked.

"Just because these tricks are strange and they look like a lot of the stuff they do on that show Charmed." Mina said looking at her pendant.

"It's because you and your brother are part witch cause me and your Auntie is." Karen said. "But you're also something else."

"What is it?" Brody asked.

"I'll tell you some other time." She said kissing his head. "Get some sleep." "Night babies."

"Night mommy." They said as she closed the door.

"I heard you tell them." Abby said. "You know you'll have to tell them about their other heritage sometime Kar."

Karen sighed. "I know Abby but at the same time I don't want them to know."

"They have to they deserve too." Abby said placing a hand on her shoulder. "If they do know even if they are children it may help them especially Brody."

"Okay I'll tell them tomorrow." Karen said.

Abby smiled then there was a knock at the door. "Who could that be?"

She walked over and opened the door revealing the others at the door. They looked worried and Charlie was holding her head.

"Come in Charlie what happened?" Abby said walking her into the living room.

Karen went and got a glass of water. After drinking it Charlie took some breaths.

"Tell them what you saw." Johnny said.

"They're here." She said. "Avenged is here in Tampa."