‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 9

"When did you see them Charlie?" Karen asked.

"Just now I was getting ready for bed when the vision came." She said. "They had just passed the welcome sign now they're searching for our residence."

"How far away are they?" Abby asked.

"About thirty miles but they'll find us by tomorrow." Charlie said.

Karen buried her head in her hands. "They're here to get us all and my babies."

Abby got on her knees and grabbed her hands. "Karen they're not gonna get any of us." "We defeated them last time together and we're gonna defeat them again together."

Karen looked up then nodded. "Together."

"What's the plan then?" Ashton said.

"We're sure not running." Abby said. "But we have to put a protective spell over the house so they can't get in."

Charlie nodded. "And it's best that if any of us go into town we don't go alone."

Everyone nodded. "Let's do the spell." Charlie said getting up.

Her, Abby, and Karen went out the front door and turned facing the house and held hands.

They started chanting the spell. Abby opened her eyes as a large shield slowly formed covering the house.

"Protect from the evildoers the cold ones." Charlie said at these words a surge of electricity went up the shield as it finished forming.

"The house is safe from them for now." Charlie said going back in.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Johnny asked.

"We need to start preparing more than ever before." Abby said. "Practice more spells, fighting skills, and we might want to start stocking up on food."

Karen nodded. "We'll go shopping tomorrow."

"You should take the twins with you." Charlie said. "You and Abby should take them to my friend Melissa tomorrow."

"What for?" Abby asked.

"Melissa will do a little chant that will hopefully keep the wolf gene at bay."

"Okay we'll do that." Karen said. "Right now let's all get some sleep."

Johnny and Charlie slept on the pull out her from the couch, while Abby and Ashton shared her bed. Grace stayed posted at the twins door.

As she slept that night Abby's dreams were invaded a pair of hazel eyes.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Not nice Abby aren't you glad to see me?" Matt asked with that grin.

"Why would I be happy to see you or the others?" She asked angrily. "Y'all tried to kill me and my sister two years ago!"

"Still holding a grudge?" He asked.

"I always will against you and your people." She said.

"That's sad then cause we were all going to be civil with y'all." He said.

"What for?" She asked.

"We were going to talk to y'all specifically Karen about giving Brian the twins." He said.

"You're not getting my niece and nephew!" She yelled. "We'll never let you have them!"

He chuckled. "Such fire you have now Abby." "It'll be even stronger when you're a vampire."

Abby's eyes widen. "I'm never turning back into what you are you monster!"

"We'll see." He said disappearing.

Abby sat up gasping. "Abby what was it?" Ashton asked turning on the light.

She wrapped her arms around him. "It was Matt." "He came to me in my dream."

Ashton pulled back looking at her face. "What did he say?"

"They're gonna try to get Brody and Mina and...

"What?" He asked.

Tears came to her eyes. "He's gonna try to turn me back into a vampire."

Ashton pulled her close. "He won't we won't let him." "I won't let him."

The next morning everyone ate breakfast and got ready for the day ahead.

"It's another guy day for us Ash." Johnny said.

"Okay but where's Charlie going?" He asked.

"She only said she's doing some more practicing." He said. "She was dressed strangely though."

"Well Charlie is strange." Abby said. "Hell we're all strange."

Everyone laughed. "What's so funny?" Brody asked as him and Mina entered the room.

"Nothing are y'all ready to go?" Abby asked.

"Yes." They said in unison and ran to the door.

"See ya later." Ashton said kissing her. "And remember we'll get through this."

Abby nodded and followed Karen outside. After getting the twins situated and buckled in they pulled down the driveway waved to the guys and drove away.

"We have to make an important stop first okay?" Karen said looking at them in the mirror.

"Okay mommy." They said in unison.

She laughed then glanced at Abby who was looking out the window. She squeezed her hand Abby looked over at her.

"We're all gonna be okay Abby." She said.

Abby smiled. "Okay."

Karen smiled and turned the radio on.

"Police are baffled by the mysterious killings of two campers who've appeared to have their throats ripped out by a wild animal." The man said.

Karen and Abby shared a worried look before she changed the station.

"I love this song!" Mina yelled. "I'm wide awake!"

Brody groaned and covered his ears making Abby and Karen laugh.

They finally arrived at Melissa's house. They got out and approached the door which opened before they even knocked.

"Come on." Melissa said.

They shared a look before entering with the twins while the door shut behind them. She lead them to a room that was hidden by a curtain. She sat at the table while the sisters sat with a twin on each of their laps.

"Pretty." Mina said touching one of the hanging crystals.

Melissa laughed. "Be careful."

Mina nodded and sat down. "We're...

"I know who y'all are." She said. "Abby and Karen and these two are Brody and Mina."

"How did you know?" Karen asked.

"Charlie gave me a call this morning." Melissa said.

"Oh." Karen said laughing. "Then you know what we're here for."

Melissa nodded and pulled out a book. "To put thier wolf genes to rest to an extent."

Karen nodded. "Mommy we're werewolves?" Brody asked.

She nodded. "Yes both you and your sister are half."

"Cool." He said with Brian's grin.

"I don't want to be hairy and smelly." Mina said.

Melissa laughed. "Don't worry we'll do something about it right now." "First I need a blood sample from both."

She held out a pin. "Come on Mina it's just a little prick." Abby said. "Cover your eyes."

She nodded and squeaked as her finger was pricked. Brody didn't flinch.

Melissa took the pin and held it over a cup of liquid. When they fell in the liquid started bubbling.

"Okay it's ready for drinking." She said holding it out.

"Eew." Mina said looking at it.

"Please Mina it'll keep you from turning into a werewolf." Karen said.

Mina made a face but swallowed some of the drink. "Taste likes cherries." She said smiling.

Everyone laughed. "You're turn Brody." Karen said.

Brody swallowe the rest of it and coughed slightly. Melissa then raised her hands chanting.

The crystals above started flashing then they stopped. "It's complete." Melissa whispered.

"Okay what do we need?" Karen asked.

"Candy!" The twins said.

Abby laughed. "We need food too." She said grabbing six cans of ravioli.

They were almost done shopping when...

Abby gasped. "What's wrong Abby?" Karen asked her eyes widen as she looked where Abby was pointing.

Standing down the aisle was Brian, Michelle, and Zacky. They quickly ran down another aisle.

"Okay I'll get the last items fast." Abby said.

"Hurry!" Karen whispered.

Abby managed to get the items without running into the three she ran to a lane where Karen was checking out. They managed to get their groceries paid.

They ran to the car got the kids in first and put the food in the trunk. As she put the last item in the trunk lid slammed down. Karen looked up and gasped.

"Hello Karen." Brian said with a smile.