Status: active and completed

The Ghost of You

A Man In My Shoes Runs A Light

There was woman with brassy red hair, is sitting at Bob Bryar's seance table. Surrounded by what might be several of her relatives. Frank can't really tell.Clara and Louise stand behind Bob helping with the ritual. Bob goes into his trance.
Frank came barging into the room and looks at them in amazement

As he scans the room there are a group of ghosts milling behind Brother Bob.
" What the hell?! "

Bob is startles and jumps up in his chair. Everyone else jumps, too. Clara and Louise start to look worried. " Frank? "

" What is all this? Bob, what's goin' on? "

" What'd YOU do? Tell every spook in town about me? I got spooks from out of town here. There's stuff goin' on you wouldn't believe. I can't hardly believe it myself. "

" You're doing it. This is for real. How do you like that? "

" I don't. "

" Come on. Look at this. You're doing great. "

One of the ghosts standing in the background butts in." Can you hurry this up? My husband's in the waiting room. "

Frank rolls his eyes and continues. " I need your help, Bobbie. There's something we need to do. "

" Forget it. I'm not doin' anything. You're holdin' on to a life that doesn't want you any more. Give it up. "

" Give it up? I'm already dead. "

" Dead, yeah, but you ain't finished dyin'. Give up the ghost. "

" And how am I supposed to do that? "

" You're asking me? "

The lady with the red hair looks at Bob. She has no idea what's going on." Are you speaking to me? "
"
Bob looks in her eyes and chastises. " Does it look like I'm speakin' to you? " He continues to Frank. " So, are you gonna leave or not? I've got work to do. "

Bob stares back at the red head. What's a matter? You're supposed to be concentrating. How do you expect me to do this if you're not concentrating? Okay then. You ready? Let's do this. "

Everyone in the room gets very quiet. One of the ghosts draws close, he pulled back and then dives straight into Bob.
Bobs eyes roll up into his head and he gulps loud. His nostrils flare. His eyes bulge.
" Oh, Fuck! Stop! What are doin' to me? " Bob's body goes into bizarre convulsions as the Ghost tries to move inside him. He looks strangely stuffed and enormously uncomfortable.

Frank and the others watch in astonishment as he tries to speak, but nothing comes out.

Then suddenly the ghost speaks through Bob." Ortisha?! "

Ortisha and her relatives jump up in amazement." Orlando! Is that you? "

" Ortisha, where are you? I can't see too good. " He squints into Ortisha's direction

" In front of you! I'm right here! "

Orlando zeros in on Ortisha. His eyes widen." Mother of God, what have you done to your hair!? "

Ortisha smiles excitedly. " Orlando, do you like it? It's Autumn Sunrise. "

Unexpectedly Bob's body begins to shake wildly and his voice booms out, screaming with all his might. " Get out of here, you little shit! " With frightening speed, he sends the spirit catapulting out of his body. " Lord! Don't you ever do that to me! " Bob starts to shake.

Ortisha looks at Bob confused. " Orlando!? "

She can't see him but Orlando is lying on the floor, exhausted. " What happened to me? I can barely move. "

" You should know better than to try that. It's not worth it. It'll wipe you out for days. " A ghost leans down and steers Orlando up the elbow.

" That was incredible, Bob. "

" Never again, Frank. Never. "

" Where's my Orlando, Brother? "

" He spoke through you. " Frank spoke with utter disbelief. " It was amazing. "

" No more, uh uh, no more. And don't even think about it Frank. "

" You're great, Bobbie! You're a real medium. It's what you were born for. "

" I want everybody out! "

" Orlando? "Ortisha looks around the room, befuddled.
Clara and Louise aren't sure what to do.

" Now! "

Ortisha and her relatives scurry out fast. The ghosts, too, passing through the wall. Bob lays his head on the table. His whole body begins heaving, starting to cry. Frank surprised.
" Bob. . . what's wrong? "

" Out! I said out! That means you, too! "

Frank hesitates a moment and then respectfully follows the others through the wall.

*_____*

It feels like it's been hours when Bob's sister Clara knocks on the seance room door and peeks in.

"Bobby, there's a man here who says he has to see you right away. "

" I'm NOT seeing nobody. "

Willie pushes his way into the room.
Clara isn't really sure what to do.

Bob looks up but doesn't recognize the man.

" Are you the one that can talk to the dead? "

" Excuse you! I'm not seeing customers right now. "

" I said I need to know if you're the one. "

" I'm the one. But not now. "

" This is important. I have a friend. He died recently. Some say he was mugged. I think he was murdered. "

Bob stares at him curiously.

" I'm told you can contact people like that. Is that true? "

" It's been known to happen. But it's not gonna happen now, so come back later. "

" I can't wait til later. "

He sits down across from Bob and shows no signs of leaving. Bob observes him quietly for a moment. " What's your friend's name? "

" Good question. Why don't you tell me? "

Bob glares at him.

" You're the psychic, right? "

" This ain't no guessin' game. "

" Then what is it? "

" Look here, I don't know what your trouble is. . . Who are you? "

" You're the mind-reader. I hear you've been tellin' people about me for days. What's my name? "

*_____*

Frank is confused and uncomfortable in Bob's bedroom. He decides to wonder back into the seance room.
His eyes buldge.

" WILLIIE! " He shouts at the killer.

" Willie! " Bob shouts out.

Willie sits straight up in his chair, amazed.

" How'd you know that? "

" Because I'm psychic. " Frank could tell Bob was getting nervous.

With a sudden thrust, Bob sends his foot jutting out into Willie's balls. As he recoils he knocks the table into his lap and rushes for the closet. Bob barricade himself in the hidden chamber.

Willie, shaking, scrambles to his feet and, before Frank can stop him, blasts his gun at the closet door. It is riddled with bullets. Frank screams out. Willie runs to the side door and escapes to the street. Clara and Louise come rushing in.
Frank charges into the closet and sees that Bob's safe behind the false door.
Then he hurries to the street.

Frank rushes to the sidewalk and looks in all directions. Willie is nowhere to be seen.
He hurries back to Bob.
As he enters, the room is a disaster area, full of hysterical women and a frozen man. Bob is being dragged from the closet, unhurt but in a state of shock.
" He tried to fucking kill me! Why?! "

No one answers him.

" Talk to me Frank! "

" Bob, we're in trouble. . . "

" We're in trouble? Who's we? You're already dead. "

" I can stop them. But I can't do it alone. You've gotta help me. "

" Help you? It's me they're tryin' to kill. "

" You're right. And they'll be back. I'm your only chance. "

" Why don't you go find a fucking haunted house and rattle some fucking chains?! "

" I need you Bob Bryar! I need you to get some fake ID's. "

" Fake ID's? What for? "

" Help me now, they'll never bother you again. I promise. " Frank whines at him.

Bob thinks about it for a minute and then agrees. " Help you? What are you talking about exactly? What else do I have to do? "

*______*

Bob, dressed to the tee, suit and tie ad all.
Frank and Bob walk toward the main branch of Market Security Bank & Trust. Frank feels that Bob is nervous and upset.

" This is crazy. This ain't gonna work. I don't know nothing bout banking. "

" I'll teach you. You'll learn fast. "

As they reach the entrance of the bank, they pass a pair of nun's collecting money to build a shelter for the homeless. One of them holds out a collection box to wards Bob. He passes by, carefully avoiding eye contact.

As they both enter the bank. Bob seems completely out of his depth. Frank, walking beside him, directs him with every move.

" See where it says 'New Accounts'? That's where you're going. "

" I'm not givin' them any money. "

" Just do what I say. "

A woman behind the desk looks up at him. " Can I help you? "

" Tell her you're here to fill out a signature card for a new account. "

" I'm here to fill out a signature card for a new account. "

" And do you know your account number? "

" Yes. 926-31043. "

" Yes. 926-31043. "

" Brian Shechter. "

" Who? " Bob is confused.

" What? " the Lady at the desk is confused.

" Tell her Brian Shechter. "

" Brian Shechter. "

Bob gets eyed oddly. " Didn't they have you sign a card when you opened the account? "

" Tell her Ray Toro opened it for you by phone and asked you to come in today. "

" Ray Toro opened it for me. He asked me to come in today. "

" Ah. " The Officer checks out the name and account number on her computer screen. It all seems to jive. She pulls out a card from her desk and hands it to Bob.

" Just sign you name at the bottom on the first blank line. "

Bob nods and starts to sign "Bob Bryar".
Frank stops him. " No, no, no. Brian Shechter. "

" Sorry. . . Can I have another one please? I signed the wrong name. "

Frank slaps his forehead with his hand.

The Officer gives him another card.

" Tell her to see that it goes right up to the third floor file since you have a transaction to make. "

" I need you to put that in the third floor file cause I got a transfusion to make. "

" A what? "

" You know what I mean. " Bob looks at her innocently. " Umm, can I keep the pen? "

" . . . uh, sure. "

Bob walks away smiling and gives the officer a wave. He is loving this." Thanks. "
♠ ♠ ♠
PSYCHEDELIC FURS-The Ghost In You is the new song i'm using. just putting that out there :D clink nxt chapter!