Status: active and completed

The Ghost of You

And who gave you the right to shake my baby, she needs me.

Frank and Ray didn't entirely miss the morning rush hour. It was Monday, meaning suit and tie. Work day. The suit Frank was wearing was his favorite because the cuffs were not as tight as his others. That meant that he could roll his sleeves up loosely to let his tattoos' breathe. Ray wan't really one for tattoos'. That didn't mean he didn't have one. He did, and they were hilarious, cause really? If a Ying and Yang on your ankle wasn't a signal for 'i want a tattoo but no pain' then Frank didn't know what did. Frank enjoyed tattoos very much, a lot sprinkled over his body, most of them on his arms.
They both exited the Wall Street subway and approached the Headquarters of Market Security Bank & Trust.

" Oh, by the way, Frank, I had to move you 3 O'clock with Kahan to 4 O'clock so you could squeeze in Gary Allan. He called in yesterday and said that he has to see you today about the Danway stuff. Three O'clock was the only time he could make it. Also the board meeting in L.A has been confirmed for the 12th. I got you on a 9 AM flight. "
Ray looks at Frank but he smaller man seems to be preoccupied.
" Hey, Frank, relax. This isn't brain surgery you're going into. "

" I just hate pitching to these Japanese guys. They make me nervous. I mean, what am I supposed to say? 'Who so you think will win at that big Sumo Championship?' "

" Dude, you're totally great with people. " Ray's head suddenly swoops to the side as he notices a BMW going past them.
" Jesus,look at that. That's the ca I'm going t drive when I'm making two hundred grand. "

" Better pay off your Mustang first. " Frank grumbled.

*____________*

Frank and Ray stand in the elevator and it get's crowded as they go up each level. It's deadly quiet. Suddenly Ray elbows Frank and winks.Frank hesitates a bit until the mechanics in his brain start to form together.

Frank clears his throat. " So, Ray. What did the doctor say? "

" He says it's contagious. Very contagious I shouldn't be in work today. " He coughs loudly. " But you know. What can I do? "
He sneezes and they both hear peoples feet in the elevator shuffle.

" What about the rash? "

Ray narrows his eyes at Frank but continues anyway. " Well. It' not good. It's really spreading everywhere. "

" On your genitals again? "

" Everywhere. " Ray is trying to keep a straight face. " He said to be sure not to touch anyone. "

The elevator hits level 11 and everybody rushes out.
As soon the elevators' door's close they both laugh loud.

*____________*

Frank chuckles as he walks through a large office area that's bustling with activity. Employees in various cubicles are talking on telephones or punching information into computers.

Rose, Frank's secretary, approaches him.

" Morning Mr. Iero."

" Morning Rose. Listen, when he Kobaishi people arrive, have Elenore take them to t-"

" Sir, their already here. " She points to a windowed conference room.

Frank turns towards the conference room and see a large group of Japanese men standing inside.

" But, Rose! Their early. "

" I know. Andy Dillon called. He said they needed $900,000 transferred to Albany by noon. "

" Fuck! Noon, Dam! " Frank usually apologizes for using that type of language, but not today.

He hurries over to Ray's cubicle.
He's on the phone when Frank waves his hands about in front of him. Ray just says "Hold on" and covers the mouth piece.

" Listen, Dillon needs $900,000 in Albany by noon. Can you transfer it to his payroll account? "

" Sure. Just let me have your MAC code. "

Frank pulls out his wallet and extracts a small address book. He jots the code numbers on a piece and rips it out.
" Discretion, huh? " Frank hands him the paper.

" You bet. I'll do it right away. "

*____________*

Frank looks down to his cuff's to double check for the third time, making sure his tattoos aren't visible. Frank and the Japanese Businessmen are sitting around a large granite conference table.
He takes a deep breath a hope his Japanese flows.

" Good morning, Gentlemen. On behalf of Market Security Bank & Trust, I welcome you to our city. "
The men smile. Pleased with his Japanese.

" I'm afraid that's the only Japanese I know. But I realize it's not our language fluency, or lack of it, that brings you to Market Security. Rather, I'm sure, it's our banking expertise, our ability to represent and anticipate all of your banking needs. As you know, we are not the largest Banking establishment in New York. "
Frank's throat goes dry so he take his cup from he table and sips on it.
" But with combined assets of over 200 billion dollars, we have a commitment to the international marketplace."

His secretary, Rose, enters the room suddenly and Frank let's out a breath. She hands a piece of paper over and is surprised that it say GERARD ON LINE 2. URGENT.
He nods apologetically to his guest and excuses himself to pick up the phone in the conference room.

" Hello? " He blurted into he speaker.
Frank knew this conversation word-by-word. Gee would say a joke. Frank would giggle back and they would chat and chat. But right now it wasn't allowed.
He was straight-faced, listening and trying to look as if the conversation was important.
The entire contingent of Japanese men were staring at Frank.
He interrupts Gerard laughing with a 'Thank you, I'll remember that' and then he hangs up, facing the Japanese with a short smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
click for nx chapter!