Status: active and completed

The Ghost of You

There's Something In The Walls

Beads of sweat collect on Brother Bob's brow and cheeks. By the looks of things, seems feverish. Clara and Louise are sitting beside him with damp towels nervously soaking up the perspiration and each holding water.

" My Mother and her Mother, may they rest in peace, they had the gift. My mother always said I had it, but I never did. She told me all about it, how it felt an' all. But now that it's happening I don't know what to do. You're scarin' me half to death, Frank. Please, you gotta go away, you gotta find someone else. "

Clara and Louise look at one another with growing concern.

" Someone else? Are you outta your mind? "

" I'm gettin' there fast. " he pushes his sisters' hand. " Leave me alone. "

" Not till you help me. "

" Where are you? "

" Where? " Louise speaks up. " I'm right here. "

Frank jumps at the question. " I'm standing right beside you, Bob. "

" I'm standing right beside you." Bob mimicry repeats. He pauses and looks up to the ceiling. " Are you white? "

" What?! "

" Oh God, I knew it. He's white. Why me? "

" Actually, I like to think of myself as a tan Italian because I am Italian. "

Louise looks at her sister and shakes her head.

" Listen, no more joking. You can help me. There's a man, Gerard Way. He's in terrible danger. The man who killed me broke into our apartment. He's going to go back. You've gotta warn him.

" Why would he listen to me? Why can't you just go back to your friend's apartment and just warn him yourself? "

" He has to! This man's a killer! He's even got a key. And Gerard my partner not 'friend'. "

" Forget it, man. I can't. " Bob shakes his head viciously.

" It's just a phone call. You're all I've got. Look. I'm not leaving till you help me. I don't sleep anymore, so I can sit here day and night. I don't care how long it takes. I can talk forever. "

Bob gulps loud and a horrified expression comes on his face.

*_______*

When the telephone rings Gerard, preparing dinner, runs to answer it. " Hello? "

" Gerard? Is this Gerard Way speaking? "

" Yeah. . . "

" My name is Bob Bryar. I'm a spiritual reader and adviser. " The man on the telephone seems to hesitate. " I'm calling for a friend of yours. He asked me to call. This is important. You gotta believe me. Don't be afraid. "

" Who is this? "

" I got a message from Frank. "

The answer floors Gerard. " What? "

" Frank Iero. He asked me to call. "

Gerard slams down the receiver, panting, wanting to keep his language in check. For several seconds he doesn't move.
Slowly, he walks to the couch and sits down. He is trembling. He brings his legs up to his chest.

*______*

Frank watches as Bob hangs up the phone. " What'd I tell you. "

" Then you have to go there. "

" Look, I don't care what you do to me, I'm not goin' nowhere. "

*________*

Frank is sitting on the edge of Bob Bryar's bed, singing. He's sort of been singing for hours, his voice is very hoarse.
"I'm Henery the Eighth I am / Henery the Eighth I am, I am / I'm gettin' married to the widow next door / She's been married seven times before / And every one was an Henery / Wouldn't /I'm her eighth old man I'm Henery / Henery the Eighth I am, I am / Henery the Eighth I am / Second verse same as the first / I'm Henery the Eighth I am. . ."

Bob bolts upright in his bed, her hands over his ears. " Okay! Okay! I'll go. You just shut your mouth! "

*__________*

Frank and Bob are sitting at the rear of a crowded bus.

" I can't believe I'm doin' this, Frank. I gotta be a crazy goin' into the city with you. I never go there. What the hell you doin' in my life, huh? Why me? "

Several people move away. He appears to be talking to herself.

*________*

Bob approaches the loft building as told and and buzzes Gerard's apartment. He waits a few moments." There's nobody there. "

" Just wait, Bob. "

" No, sir. I did what I promised. I said I'd come and I'm here. I didn't say anything 'bout waitin' "

" Just one more time. Please. It's a big place. "

Bob turns to leave.

Frank, desperate, starts to sing. " Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of beer, "

Bob freezes on the spot. He turns back to the buzzer and rings once more.

Suddenly Gerard answers. " Hello, who's there? "

Bob is nervous as he speaks. " Don't go away. It's Bob Bryar. I called you last night. Your friend Frank says you gotta talk to me. "

There is a click as Gerard hangs up.

*________*

Gerard walks away from the intercom, yet again shaken. He can still hear the person who was just at his door now on the street calling up to him.

" Hey you, Gerard! You gotta listen to me! this is for real. Frank is here. He needs to talk to you. "

Gerard walks over to the window and looks down. Bob Bryar is standing in the street looking up. He is calling out at the top of his lungs. Gerard pulls back into the loft, afraid.

" He says remember the starfish at Montego Bay? Remember the picture he took a' you in Reno? " There's a pause. " Remember his green underwear, the pair you wrote your name on? "

Gerard tenses. Recognition washes over him.

*_________*

Bob is standing by the curb and shouting up to Gerard's fifth floor window. Several people stare at him curiously. He turns to them. " Hey, do you mind? This here's a private conversation. "
The people turn away.

Frank prompts him. " Ask him about the sweater in the closet, the one his grandmother, Helena, knitted that's too big.

" What about the sweater Helena knitted that was too big?! "

" Four sizes. He couldn't throw it out. I saw. I was there. "

" Four sizes! too big. You couldn't throw it out. He saw. He was there. This is for real. Hey do you hear me up there? "

A workman peers out of a second story window. " I hear you. "

" I'm not talkin' to you, dude. "

" Haven't you ever heard of phones? "

" Kiss my behind! Listen, I'm not gonna stand here all day! "

" Thank God! " The workman yells at Bob.

" Forget it, Frank. I've had enough of this. "

Bob is about to walk away when the entrance door opens. Gerard steps outside. Bob sees him and stops.

" Are you Gerard? "

Gerard nods in reply.

" I'm Brother Bryar, but you can call me Bob" He walked over and shook Gerard's hand.

*________*

Gerard and Bob are sitting in a chair in Gerard's kitchen staring at one another.

" Why should I believe you? Why should I believe any of this? "

"Look, , if you think I'd come down here for the fun of it, you got another think comin'. This Frank of yours. . . I don't know. I mean, you ever hear a whole night of "Henry the Eighth I am?"

" He did that? That's how he got me to go out with him. "

" And he cain't carry a tune, Gerard. "

" I know. Oh God. This is all so crazy. I can't believe I'm talking to you like this. I don't believe in these things. I don't believe in life after death.

" Tell Gerard he's wrong. "

" He says you're wrong. "

" You're talking to Frank right now? "

" What? You think I'm making' it up? "

" Where is he? "

" How should I know? It's not like I can see him. I just hear his voice. "

" I'm holding his hand. "

" He says he's holding your hand. "

Gerard looked down to his hand and a sad look came over his face. " I'm sorry. I don't believe you. Why are you doing this to me? I don't believe a word you're saying. Frank is dead. He's dead. "

Gerard and Bob are back to looking at each-other. There is a long, poignant moment.

Frank chokes up. " God, I love him. I love him so much. "

" He says he loves you. . . so much. "

Gerard shakes his head. " No. He would never say that. "

Frank's eyes brighten. " Ditto. Tell him 'ditto'. "

" Ditto? What's that mean, ditto?

Gerard stares, an expression of true astonishment shining in his eyes.

" Frankie? " Gerard questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
i still feel like i'm lacking at being descriptive :/ also I'm thinking about doing a 50 shades Frerard. i get all my story's from people recommending AU's from everythingsfrerardandnothinghurts. just wanna know if you 17 reader's wanna have something like that from me? if not, that's allgood :D
otherwise. . . click on! :) praise out to my 3 subbers!!!!