Status: Active

Seeing Is Believing

Ever since I was a little girl, the one thing I wanted to be when I grew up was a magician. I grew up around magic. My grandmother and grandfather—on my dad's side—were magicians, along with my dad. My grandmother, Elsa Shaw, was an Escapist; my grandfather, Steve Shaw, was an Illusionist; and my dad, Steven Shaw specialized in Mentalism. My dad was a well-known Mentalist.

Then there is me; the odd ball.

I'm a 23 year old magician by the name of Jonna Ocean Shaw. I currently live in Brooklyn, New York, with a couple of best friends, Mandy and Jane. Now, getting back to being the odd ball—I specialize in Mentalism, Illusions, Escaping, Sleight of Hand, but my all-time favorite is Paradigm Shifting.

I don't know how it happened, but I guess you could say it's a form of Mentalism. I tell people to look into my eyes, channeling my thoughts with theirs. Whatever they think of, I turn into it; making them and surround people see what I've become.

This 'magic' all started when I was a little girl. My grandpa showed me my first magic trick, and after many attempts, I could never get it. So, after a while I actually started doing the trick a little differently than what my grandpa did; I made it my own, and now it's become my number one magic trick.