Time Stood Still

Save Me From The One Who Haunts Me In The Night.

Chapter 10: Save Me From The One Who Haunts Me In The Night.

Josh's P.O.V

I could hear the sounds of the waves in the distance crashing against the rocks somewhere nearby, the sounds were calming and relaxing.
I woke, adjusting my eyes to focus at the open bay window opposite my bed; my curtains were drawn back allowing the moonlight light up my entire room. It must have been a full moon to have this sort of affect that my room lit up like it were day time.

My eyes flicker to my curtains, frowning as I swore I just saw the material move… and just like I thought, something peered out from behind the curtains.

A dark silhouette was stood by my open bay window; I feel my heart race with fear as I stare wide eyed straight at the glowing pair of eyes which glared straight back at me. The creature slowly stepped out into the moonlight which shone throw my window and revealed none other than Oliver Sykes. I saw him lick his lips swallowing hard, those black shimmering eyes never leaving contact with mine.
I should be terrified but strangely I’m not, the further into the moonlight he steps into the more he seems to disappear. I reach my hand out to him and call his name but he then suddenly vanishes.
I climb out of bed and walk over to the window and there looking up at me from the beach was Oliver, the glow never leaving those jet black eyes of his.

I shot up from my bed sweating and gasping for air, my eyes darting all around the room and then to my window and I swear I see a glimpse of a silhouette, just like before. I turn instantly to my bedside table turning on my lamp and then looking back by my window, the curtains were drawn shut, no moonlight shining through and no signs of anyone in the room but me.

I sigh heavily and blink several times, trying to wake myself up from what I assume was only a dream… but it felt so real. I slump back down into my pillow wincing a little at the pain in my arm, it was really difficult to sleep with my injuries as well as a banging headache.

I reach for some paracetamol on my bed side table and down the pills with the rest of my glass of water which was there from earlier.

I had a feeling I wouldn’t be going back to sleep again any time soon, so I decided to get out of bed and walk over to my bedroom window, I know it was only a dream but I was just curious.
I peek through my curtains with tired eyes and to my curiosity, nothing was there, the beach was empty and there was not a single person or sign of life in site. I don’t know what I was hoping to find to be honest… as if he’d really be there.

I sigh shaking my head at the silly thought, my breath fog up the cold glass inches away from lips, I placed my hand against the window as I lost myself in thought, dreams are bizarre, none of them ever made sense half the time anyway but this dream in particular seemed different, seemed so real… I dreamt about Oliver Sykes. I guess the events of earlier were still swimming around in my mind and that lead to me dreaming about him, but I still had no idea what he meant by “remember him” though and I don’t think I’ll truly understand it either.

I was about to pull away from the window and head back to bed but from the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of something.

I frown and crouch down to get a better look, and there in the bottom corner of the window was a small faded hand print.
I squint my eyes and circle the hand print with my finger tip, I don’t know what was worse, the fact that this house was so old, no one has even bothered to clean the windows from god knows how long ago or the fact that their was a creepy baby hand print on my window. A cold shiver ran down my spine and I felt officially freaked out... I swear this house was haunted.

The hand print was definitely from a baby or a small child, which I thought was abit strange because the window was far too high for a child to reach. But that’s when something entered my mind, mum said when we used to live here, my cot used to be by the bedroom window because the moon light helped me fall asleep… but that’s absurd, it can’t be my hand print surely, I’m actually supposed to believe that these windows haven’t been cleaned for over, what? 14 years or so?! Ew, that’s gross.

I hesitantly placed my hand over the small hand print marked on the cold glass and that’s when it happened all too fast, well I don’t know what exactly even happened. But I found myself lost, like I was in a complete different time zone to reality, I could hear the sounds of calm waves from the beach, the bright full moon shining into my bedroom, a baby standing up in his cot, but the baby turned out to be me, I was the baby in the window, my hand was pressed against the glass as I stared down at something on the beach below. A man, with pale white skin, dark long hair which swept over his face, strong black eyes which glow bright, features of someone I’ve see before... He was staring up at me, standing utterly still like some sort of statue, no words leaving his lips as well as no actions left his body, he was just watching me.
And that’s when the similarities of this man finally placed themselves together, it was Oliver Sykes.

I let out a squeal as I fell back from the window hitting the floor, as reality hit me. What the fuck was that?!

A memory? Some sort of flashback? My imagination?
Was my mind playing tricks on me? I mean, I did hit my head pretty bad after all…

It can’t just be coincident, can it? My dream matched whatever I just remembered? The only difference being, I was seventeen in my dream and a baby in my memory but Oliver appeared the same… Exactly the same.
No, that’s not possible. I mean, how can I see myself differently in both scenarios but not Oliver? Maybe because I’ve only just met Oliver, I have no idea what he looked like when he was a child so I couldn’t picture him in my memory? But in my dream he was wearing the clothes he wore today and in my memory he was wearing some old fashion clothing. Something my granddad would wear, no something my great great granddad would wear! No this can’t be happening, what exactly does this mean? What exactly have I’ve seen or even remembered?

Those last four words Oliver last said to me before he left kept going around in my head.
“Please, remember me Josh.”
Was this what he was getting at? Was this what he wanted me to remember?
He wanted me to remember seeing him never change? I’d seen him before but forgot about it because I was far too young to remember… ?
I don’t remember anything from the age of five and now all of a sudden I remember him… this one little memory which I have to my past was looking out my window as a child and seeing Oliver watching me.

Why was he watching me? I was just a child… why is he watching me now? And getting close to me, what the fuck does he want from me?! None of this makes any sense!

~~~~

I was sat on my living room sofa wrapped up in my duvet, I saw the sun rise from the horizon, I was too freaked out to go back to sleep last night so I just stayed awake, keeping my eyes fixed on the same spot on the beach where I was suppose to have seen him.

“Oh bloody hell Josh! You made me jump!” my mum gasps entering the room, her hand on her chest as she catches her breath back.
“You okay sweetie? You don’t look too good.”
“I couldn’t sleep.” I mumbled, my eyes still not breaking away from the beach.
“You’re still in pain? I’ll go get you you’re medicine.”
She turns to walk out of the room but I stop her.
“Mum.”
“Yes sweetheart?” she replies, surprise in her tone. I hadn’t called her that in awhile and I admit, it sounded weird, but I needed answers and if I had to pretend to be the mummy’s boy she always wanted and pretend that our relationship was alright, then that’s what I’ll have to do.
“You said when I was a baby… my cot was next to the open bay window?”
“Yes, the moon light would make you fall asleep or the sound of the waves, I guess you found it calming.”
“Did you ever find me looking out of the window?”
“All the time actually.”
She smiles softly as she sits on down on the arm of the sofa I was sitting on.
“I would find you stood up in your cot staring out of the window in the middle of the night.”
“What was I looking at?” I ask, trying not to sound like I was that bothered.
“I don’t know, whenever I looked nothing was there but you seemed to always have your eyes fixed on something and whenever I would pull you away from the window to put you back down to sleep, you would start crying.”
“I would cry?”
“Yes, some nights it would take me and you’re dad ages to get you to stop crying and get you back to sleep.”
So I’d cried whenever they pulled me away from the window? Oh I bet the creep loved watching that.
“Why?”
“Just had a weird dream.”

She begins stroking my hair, obviously enjoying our little chat thinking that everything is now all okay when it really wasn’t. I was far from forgiving her, but I needed to get out of the house, I needed to get some answers from him but I knew it would be difficult to get out of here without causing another argument with her.
Even though I couldn’t stand her stroking my hair and hated calling her mum like she was my favourite person in the world but I would just have to suck it up and continue with the mummy boy act until I got what I wanted from her.

“Mum, could I please go for a walk?”
She stops stroking my hair and stands from the sofa, her voice turning firm.
“Joshua, you know you’re grounded.”
“I know, but I really don’t feel very well, please mum, I just need some air.” I beg, looking up at her with the best innocent doe eyes I could give, my god I was desperate.
“Please mum.”
I watch her sigh as I notice she was about to give in to me.
“If your not back here within the next hour, there’ll be trouble, you understand me Josh?”
“Yes, thank you.” I smile softly at her before kissing her on the cheek, I couldn’t have left the room any faster as I sprinted up the stairs to my room to get dressed wearing the biggest smirk on my face. What a sucker, I can’t believe she actually fell for that! Stupid woman.

~~~~

I don’t really know where I was walking to but I really needed to get away and clear my head and most importantly, find Oliver. I wanted to go to the light house but it was too far away and I only had an hour, but I needed to find him… Most of the time he always showed up unexpected or whenever I needed him. And whatever I remembered last night, I had a feeling he would know to come looking for me no matter where I’d wonder to and that kind of scared me the most…

Seeing as the beach was practically on my door step, I thought I’d wonder along the sure and see where it would lead me. I was breathing in the salting sea air; the wind was blowing in my face, my hair flying around in all different directions, I never thought I’d say this but it felt good being outside, I definitely needed this.

The further along the beach I got, the rockier it had become and even though I’ve only been out the hospital a few days from falling off a rock, it didn’t phase me in the slightest, but it’ll probably anger him though… but I didn’t care, I was enjoying exploring the coves and if he had a problem he better come find me quick before I fall and nearly “die” off another one.

I came to what looked like a dead end, there were nothing but huge rocks which grew into cliffs but I didn’t want to turn back, I wanted to carrying on exploring until he showed up. The tide was far out today which gave me the opportunity to explore a lot more than what I’d probably be able to if the tide was in and I actually manage to find some hidden caves between a load of rocks and I couldn’t keep myself from running up to them like a big kid and seeing what were hiding inside.
Most of them were so small I could hardly fit into any of them, not to mention they were pitch black inside and I didn’t like the idea of walking into a cave not being able to see anything while I was waiting on some creep to appear and talk to me.

I stumbled across another cave, this one was a lot bigger than the others and I could hear the sound of the sea from deep inside, I took a couple of steps inside and I could see day light shining in through from the other side.
So this cave defiantly led to somewhere, maybe it was some secret place and I’d be the first to discover it! My excitement got the better of me and without a second thought I walked directly into the cave.

I was only a few feet away from reaching the end of the cave and finally discovering what was on the other side when a sudden rush of cold air came from behind me halting me to a stop.
My hair blew forward slightly and I somehow knew that this cold breeze wasn’t coming from the sea or the air… I’ve felt this before, it was from him.

I quickly turned around and jumped back, wobbling slightly as I lost my balance but I managed to keep myself from falling. And just like I thought, it was him.

He was standing there glaring at me, and for the first time, I felt absolutely terrified standing in his presence that I actually began to shake in fear.

“It’s been four days since you’re accident and you’re already up to no good.” he says rather harshly.
I don’t say anything, I just shake in fear refusing to take my eyes off him… I was too scared to incase the never changing human in front of me did something.
I didn’t realise my breathing had become so loud that the pants began to echo through the caves, my hand flew to my mouth hoping to silence myself and that I wouldn’t give away how scared I actually was but it was too late, he knew.

Oliver’s strong black eyes burned into me and I just stood there helplessly because I was too terrified to do anything or say anything but just to continue to stare back at him.

“You remembered, didn’t you?”
“W-w-what are you?” I stuttered I could hardly put a sentence together. Pull yourself together for crying out loud, I must look like a right pansy, being scared of something I haven’t found the answer to yet.
“What did you remember Josh?”
“Y-you… you haven’t changed.” I choke, breaking my eye contact with him finally and looking to the ground.
He doesn’t say anything back so I swallow hard before answering again louder and clearer this time.
“You’re exactly the same as I remember.”
“Which was when?” he pressed.
“About fourteen years ago…” I whispered.

He remained to stand in the shadowed darkness of the caves, not being able to see him fully scared me even more; it was as if he was hiding away from me. A cold chill ran through my entire body, I shook it off lightly; I needed to know answers, like why over the last fourteen years he hasn’t changed in the slightest and why has he been watching me for all this time?

“W-why haven’t you… changed?” I asked timidly, slightly afraid to hear his answer.
“I’m something what you humans fear the most.”
My eyes instantly left the ground and met back with his, waiting for his answer.
“I’m a vampire Josh.”

I almost wanted to laugh because the statement was that ridiculous, did he really think it was a good time to joke around? He obviously thought I was some idiot and found it assuming to make fun of me. I frown, but as my eyes meet with his again something in his told me he was being dead serious.

“What?”
“You heard what I said.”
“Do you seriously expect me to believe that Oliver?”
“Yes.”

My eyes widen and I feel my mouth drop open in disbelief, he was being dead serious… even though it was ridiculous and far from being true… he was serious… but there’s no way! He’s defiantly lying!

“Y-you’re… you’re lying!” I shouted, slowly taking a few steps away from him.
“Why would I lie?
“Because vampires aren’t real! There’s no such thing!”
“Oh believe me honey, I’m real alright.”

There was smirk on his lips as he said that which only made it more real and I was hit with a full blown panic attack. I take a leap back away from him, being in complete fear of my life I didn’t even take much notice that I was back up against a wall with no escape from him.

“S-show me.”
“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
“I won’t believe you until you show me!” I yell at him, I was trembling with fear and even though I did already believe him, I needed to see it with my own eyes.
“Josh seriously, no good will come from this.”
“Show me now god dammit!” I scream and he holds up his hands giving in.
“Fine, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

He closed his eyes and shuddered for a second and when he fluttered them open and looked towards me again, I swear if looks could kill, I would be six feet under right now.

His black dangerous eyes had a bright yellowish glow surrounding the outline of his black colour iris; it looked like some sort of eclipse which happens when the moon’s shadow crosses the earth’s surface…it was far from abnormal. His pale skin was a faint shimmering glow, his parted lips exposed his deadly white fangs, and I’m not sure if he did this on purpose but he traced his tongue over the lethal fangs and I’m instantly horrified at the deadly creature standing before me.

He steps out into the daylight towards me and a loud scream escapes my lips as the fear begins to take over me.
I forgot I was already backed up against the wall but I turn around out of instinct, ready to make a run for it but panic even more when I’m face with a rock inches from my face.
I was trapped; I had nowhere else to run, my breaths were short and fast and all I could focus on was the monster creeping its way towards to me. Fuck, I was going to die!

“Stay back!”
“Josh love, its okay.” He reached out his hand to me but I flinched back further into the wall and covered my face with my good arm.
Okay?! Is he actually crazy?!
A vampire was literally inches away from me and even though this whole situation was beyond crazy and unreal, I knew what vampires eat and I didn’t want to be on the menu for lunch.
I defiantly was not okay!
“Calm down Josh, I’m not gonna hurt you.” Oliver’s voice was soft and calm, everything opposite I thought would come from a blood drinking demon like him.
I sneak a quick look over my arm and seen that he had turned back into the human I was familiar with and I think that freaked me out even more, it was only his disguise.
“H-how do I know that?! Like you said, humans fear you, why should I believe anything you say, you’re a monster!”

My whole body was trembling with horror by this point; I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared in my life.
He frowns, almost looking hurt at what I just said.
“Because you should know I would never hurt you.”
He placed his hands either side of my head resting them on the rocks behind me, his face literally only inches away from mine, his eyes scared me more than ever now and I thought I was going to pass out from the fear and I only hoped I did so I wouldn’t have to deal with what was to come!

“Ever Since you were a child, have I ever hurt you?” he growled.
“I-I don’t know, I don’t remember!” I panicked, feeling tears enter my eyes believing he was about to kill me.
“You said you remembered.”
“I don’t remember anything from my childhood, I only remember you watching me from my window.”
The anger fell from his face and softens when he speaks his next words.
“I’ve known you all you’re life Josh.”
I gasp.
He’s been watching me all my life… what has he been buttering me up for?! Why has he waited till now to kill me?!
“P-please don’t kill me.” I whimpered, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks.
“Shh Josh.”
His cold fingers stroked down the side of my cheek, wiping away the falling tears.
“I promise you, I will never ever hurt you.” He whispered and for some outrageous crazy moment, I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG i'm so sorry its taken this long to update!!! >_<
BUT WELCOME NEW READERS AND THANKYOU FOR COMMENTING :D
i've been so busy with work and art work and i've kinda made a mistake and brought back my old Fransykes sequel "We're Young and In Love" (original story "Heart Attacking Waiting to Happen") and been focusing all of my time into that story instead of this... (tbh with you guys i have lost motivation for this story :/) I have a problem with having all theses amazing ideas in my head but find it really hard to write it down and get my point across! like this chapter for example, drove me bloody crazy!!! BUT, im going to Cornwall next week and im staying in the same house and beach where i picture this whole story! so hopefully my little holiday will give me the motivation that i need to get back into this story again! :) sorry again my lovelies and thankyou for being patient and leaving comments, it means alot :) i hope this chapter makes up for everything! xxxx
(and sorry if it dont make sense!)