Time Stood Still

I'm Gonna Tear You Limb From Limb.

Chapter 16: I’m Gonna Tear You Limb From Limb.

Oliver’s POV

For the last three weeks Josh has barely left my side. We had a lot of catching up to do seeing as we spent ten horrid days apart from each other. It’s bizarre how a human could make me act this way, communicating with them in the human world, following them around, watching they’re every move night and day, making sure I was doing whatever I could to make that human happy. But this wasn’t just any human; this in particular human was Josh. My Josh.

It has always been like this for as long as I can remember, ever since he was a little boy, I have always been by his side and watching his every move. It was our bond. But now our bond has been made official and has grown even stronger since I’ve tasted his blood and started feeding from him regularly, I would never be able to survive my existence without him now; Josh is my one and only for existing.

These last few weeks I have manage to finally get Josh back on track with his college work and when he wasn’t studying, I would take him on walks along beaches he’s never been to, walks through forests he never knew existed, and I’d show him how beautiful this place could be. I would lay with him at night and listen to him ramble on about all sorts until he fell asleep in my arms. The sound of his heartbeat was so beautiful to listen to; I don’t think I would ever get bored of the sound, it’s so relaxing and peaceful I don’t think I could go a day without hearing it.

I have become very attached to him and found that my feelings for him were becoming stronger day by day… I was crazy about him, and actually starting to believe I might be madly in love with him. I have known this human his whole life and watched him for a very long time despite the twelve year gap apart. We were destined to be together and he had me believing that this extraordinary life was worth something, he was worth everything. The short time we have spent together he has somehow manage to change my views and moods totally. I’m not the up tight anger vampire I once were for many years, Josh has lighten a darkness inside of me which has been there for a very very long time and there were times I thought I would never see a light again. And then Josh appeared in my life again. He was the light to my darkness.

The only down side to all this, is that I’m not able to read Josh’s mind and little did I know if Josh felt the same way about me. I know in the human world this sort of stuff happens a lot differently, but I have known Josh for fourteen years and he’s only just met me and regardless of our bond, I knew it was early days for him to return such strong feelings back. But sometimes I can’t help but think that he does feel the same way, simply by the smile on his face when he sees me, the cute little laughter which escapes from his pink wavy shape lips when I make him laugh, the way his beautiful blue eyes glisten when they meet mine. He was absolutely perfect and everything about him draws me in.
He always looks at me with such lust filled eyes and never sees me as the deadly monster that I truly am but as something far more beautiful than that. He looks beyond what I am and he always looks deep into my un natural black eyes and somehow sees something worthy which isn’t human or inhuman… he sees me. A look I will never grow tired of seeing in his eyes and appreciating the passion which he held for me in them.

We were currently in the lighthouse, it was his favourite place to come and spend time together and it was also mine.

I sucked and bit and marked my way up his irresistible pale skin, every inch of this boy was mouth watering and there wasn’t a spot on him which I didn’t think was stunning. I’d kissed and feed hungrily from him every waking hour, I couldn’t help how I felt towards him, every second was a struggle not to accidently get carried away in the heat of the moment and pull him limb from limb because he was that irresistible to me. I hesitantly pulled myself away from Josh’s neck, my eyes watching him intently as I let go of his hands above his head and as he remain in his position lying down on the curve cushions seats. His human body panting unevenly as he tries to gather back his breath and thoughts as he comes down from his high.

Licking his blood from the corners of my lips, I watched as his body comes down from our intense make out and feeding session. His blood was so mouth watering I had to lock my jaw to keep myself seated and not feed from him again, I’ve reached my daily does already and wasn’t allowed to have more until tomorrow. My glowing eyes watched him closely, hearing the little gasps leave his lips, his heart beat returning back to its usual paste, his chest slowly raising up and down normally again, the pink blush slowly fading from his ivory cheeks, the obvious bulge through his black skinny jeans gradually disappearing. That was yet another state of affairs I couldn’t wait to indulge in. To be able to feed and make love to my human mate, bond and connect with him fully and to be able to finally claim him as mine entirely. But that was all for another day and for when he was ready.

He swallowed heavily, his finger tips tracing over the fresh new bites which were now marked up on his skin along his neck and collar bones, replacing over the old faded ones. His fingers come into contact with the torn fabric on the collar of his t-shirt, which I had frustratingly torn and pulled down out of the way to get more access to bite his appealing collar bones. He frowns looking down at the ragged material in between his fingers before glancing back up to me as he still lying down.

“You know, your kinda ruining all my t-shirts.” He says pulling at the fabric to show me the evidence I had already seen.
“Sorry.” I laughed amused by his comment and knowing his statement was true.
“Soon I won’t have any more to wear!”
“Easy access for me to sink my teeth into.” I smirked and I see him roll his eyes. He loved causing a scene and I thought it was cute at how he made the simplest things I did so dramatic.
“It won’t be a laughing matter if I catch a cold from the lack of clothing you’ve left me with or worse, if my mother ever discovers these bites she’ll have a heart attack!”
I couldn’t help but laugh at his outburst, now that would be rather amusing. The human mother discovering her only son covered in fierce purple red bruises and bites which run deep on his innocent pale skin from a deadly creature such as me. Oh that poor ridiculous woman would be absolutely mortified at the sight and would most certainly turn in her grave if she knew her precious son now belongs to someone like me. But then again, her son has always been safer under my protection than her own.

“Don’t worry, she’s not going to see them. And I’ll promise to replace your t-shirts.” I say, hovering over him and placing a soft kiss on his lips before returning to my seat.
Josh follows, finally sitting up crossing his legs under him but suddenly he loses his balance and grabs hold of the curved couch with his right hand while the other hand flings to his head and grimace in pain.
“Are you okay?” my tone full of worry and resting my hands firmly on his shoulders to hold him up incase he loses his balance again.
“I-I’m fine. I must have sat up too fast…”
My instincts told me otherwise; this was more than just a moment of light headiness and witnessing Josh’s reaction right now, I had every reason to question it.
“I know that’s not true.” His eyes gaze up to meet mine and I see him biting his lip in hesitation, he knew he was keeping something from me, which only worried me further.
“I’ve… I’ve had this nasty headache all morning, that’s all.” He mumbles finally letting me in on some information.
“All morning?” I raise my eyebrows at him, feeling myself getting more concern over my human.
“I took a couple of pain killers when I woke up but it hasn’t done anything.” He winces again, pushing his fingers against his temples to try to put pressure on the pain. I frown and remove his fingers and replace them with my own over both temples either side of his head and start massaging them gently to help relieve the pain. He closes his eyes and relaxes, allowing me to continue with the little circle movements into his skin for a few minutes before earning a low breathy sigh from him, signalling that my actions were helping.
“Is that better love?” I whisper, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead and feeling him nod against my lips.
“Let me know if this headache carries on, okay.” I tell him and he smiles but I wasn’t convinced by it.

His headache concerned me. Humans are such fragile beings, they suffer from all sorts of pains and irritations from the human body and most are merely nothing and headaches were one of them. A headache can be a symptom of a number of different conditions in the head. Headache’s are a non-specific symptom, which means that it has many possible causes, including tiredness and sleep deprivation, stress, the effects of medications and recreational drugs, viral infections and common colds, head injury and many more. I would normally dismiss the subject but the one cause which was standing out in big bold letters to me was head injury. Even though Josh has fully recovered from his head injury from Halloween weeks ago and no longer taking medication for the pain, this could still be a slight side affect.
There was something about his headache which made me have every right to be concerned. It didn’t help that I can’t read his mind because something told me that there was a lot more behind this than just a lousy headache then he’s letting on. I know if I bombard him with a load of questions about this now he will only accuse me for being overprotective and that I was worrying over nothing. But I know my human and I know when something is wrong. I decide to let it go for now, there is no point in pressing further unless he was willing to tell me himself, so for now I will keep a very close eye on him and see if these headaches continue before I take further actions.

“Come here.” I open my arm out to him as an invite for him to cuddle with me and he smiles and crawls into my side.
He hisses loudly as he tries to get comfortable in my embrace and looks down to one of my larger bites along his collar bone.
I left quite a number of bites on his body today as I practically sucked and bit and left my mark all over his skin and made sure I left no skin untouched, the marks were what labelled him as mine. I was making up for the excruciating ten days I had to go without feeding and I guess I got abit carried away this afternoon.

“You left a pretty deep one there Oliver.” He glances up at me with pain taking over his face, covering up the ripped skin with his hand which made me feel abit guilty. I need to remember not to be so rough with him.
“Sorry love, I guess I was really thirsty.”
“You’ve been feeding on me a lot lately, maybe I should let you go and hunt properly before you drink me dry.” Josh smirks. His humour would have been funny if it weren’t true… I guess it’s time to tell him the truth about my change in diet.
“It doesn’t work like that anymore.”
“Anymore?” he questions hesitantly, his face falling.
“You are the only one I feed from now.”
“Wait, what?” he pushes away from me slightly to get a better look at my face, waiting for me to continue. I was abit on edge how he would react to the fact that I need to drink from him regularly now, he was still very new to my world and I didn’t want this to freak him out.
“Since the moment I first sunk my teeth into you, drank your blood and bonded. Nothing else satisfies me anymore. No other taste will even come close to satisfy my thirst. Now I drink from you and only you.”

He looked a little surprise, eyes wide and raised eyebrows but he remained quiet and just bit down on his lip. Man, I really fucking hate not being able to hear his thoughts because this is actual torture.
“Is that okay with you?” I felt like I needed to ask seeing as he wasn’t saying anything… for once.
“What would happen if you didn’t feed from me?” he asked nervously, his hands fiddling with the hem of his t-shirt as he waited for my honest answer.
“I’ll die.”
“W-what?!” His head shot up, his face now filling with anxiety as I stared back into his blue frantic eyes.
“Josh love, calm down. I wouldn’t die straight away, it’ll be more like a slow and painful death so to speak. That’s why I have to ask, are you absolutely sure you’re okay with me drinking from you?”
I place my hands back on his shoulders holding him firmly as I stared him in the eyes so I could see any sign of uncertainty. I may not be able to read his thoughts but I’m still able to read him as a person and I know that this is a lot to consider.

“Y-yeah that’s fine.” He nods eagerly.
“I don’t want you to feel pressured into this Josh, this has to be your decision. I don’t want you to feel like you have to because you’re afraid of me dying.”
“I don’t want you to die.”
“And I won’t.” I say, brushing his hair out the way of his eyes and tilting his chin up so he was looking at me. He’s so beautiful; I’d never make him do anything he wasn’t comfortable with.
“But erm… h-how often would you need to drink from me?” he asks timidly.
“Not everyday. I can go about five to six days without your blood, seven if you really push it.”
“Wow, you must have been starving those ten days you stayed away from me.”
“You have no idea.” I frown at the not so pleasant memory.
“I guess that explains why you’ve destroyed my neck today.”

His finger tips stroke over my bites on his neck and slowly down to the ones on his collar bone, the little look of concern filling his face and I could sense he was worried about the amount of blood I’d take from him.

“Don’t worry love, I’ll never take more than I need. I’ve learnt to control myself.” I smile reassuring him and pulling him back to my side.
“Don’t be afraid to ask me Oliver, I don’t want you to go hungry because you feel I might be “too human” to handle you feeding from me.”
His human comment made me chuckle, he’s been so brave and has become a lot stronger to handle my bites now. I guess I do underestimate him sometimes.
“Thank you, I’m entirely grateful for you allowing me to do this. I know it’s a lot to ask of you.”
“Of course Oliver, like you said we’ve bonded now and I want to be able to help you whenever I can.”
He leans up and places a soft kiss to my lips. He was truly amazing and the fact he’s agreed to me to feed from him regularly is remarkable. Any other human would be disgusted at the thought but then again, Josh wasn’t any human. He’s my human and he’s beyond perfect.
“You know there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you Josh.” I say against his soft irrespirable lips which took everything in me not to have my way with him again.

“Well, erm, I don’t want to complain… but is there anything you can do about the bites? I know you can’t do anything about the love bites but the teeth bites really hurt, especially the one on my collar bone.” He sits back in my hold, revealing once again the deep crescent moon bite which was oozing on his left collar bone.

“I can heal them but it’s complicated.” I say knowing it wouldn’t be much help. He’s better off letting the bites heal on they’re own.
“Why?”
“Because you need my tears.”
“Tears? You mean if you cry your tears can heal me?”
“If you’re ever lucky enough to make me cry that is. It’s almost impossible to make a vampire cry but legend has it on the rare occasion it has happen to other vampires in the past.”
Josh simply stares back at me rather puzzled as he tries to wrap his head round the new information given to him.
“Have you even tried crying?” he asks like it was that simple causing me to smirk a little.
“It’s not as easy like it is for humans. When you change from a human into a vampire, every fibre inside your body hardens in a way you would never thought was possible. This body is like any other; your entire human habits and unnecessary needs disappear almost instantly after the transformation. Such as bruising, sickness, blushing and several more, a few things stay but not many, such as tears but they’re never used the same way as they once were in the human form.”
“Oh, okay.” He says pretending like he understood me but I knew I’ve just confused him more.
“It’s so easy for humans to form tears because you feel strong emotions for many things, such as sorrow, joy, passion, fear, laughter and even yawning. For vampires we don’t really feel anything at all, well we do but it’s on a complete different and higher level to yours. So I can cry, but it’s very difficult for me to, it’ll take more than being scared of the dark to make me cry.” I snort to myself and I see Josh expression change.
“I think I kind of understand now.”
“Sorry Josh but you don’t really have a choice but to allow the bites to heal the boring human way.”
“Great.” He rolls his eyes unimpressed with the lack of fast healing the human body provides.

He was asking me many questions today but then again he did deserve to know and it was expected of him to be curious.
“Anymore questions love?”
“Not that I can think of.” He smiles brightly at me shaking his head. I’m sure there will be more questions soon but in the mean time he seemed satisfied.

Josh touched the side of his face and winced in pain yet again. I stand up worriedly about his non stop headache and wrap my arms tightly around him and hold him to my chest. I hear him groan in discomfort as he hides his face in his hands as he leans into me. This was getting ridiculous now, I’m going to take him home and get to the bottom of this headache of his if it was the last thing I do.
“Come on, I’ll take you home and make you comfortable.”
“More head massages?” he peaks through his fingers up at me and I knew there was a smile hidden behind his hands.
“Maybe more if you’re lucky.” I hint with a cheeky grin before leaving the lighthouse and disappearing with Josh.

~~

“Oliver what’s wrong? Why did you stop?” Josh asks as I’d stopped travelling and dropped my arms from his waist making him stumble back as I zone out to communicate.
“Oliver?” Josh calls again sounding concerned, tearing me away from my concentration. I’d forgotten he didn’t know about my communication ability, so I must have looked abit odd stopping out of the blue and staring out into space.
“Sorry, Hannah’s commutating with me and it distracted me.”
I reassured him before turning my back to him as I continued to communicate with my sister through our minds.

*He wants to see you now.* H
*I’m with Josh, so he can wait.* O
*You know he doesn’t like waiting.* H
*And he knows I don’t like being summoned.* O

“Can all vampires communicate with their minds from a far like you can?”
Josh’s voice broke through my concentration once again; discovering he was the only one who could do that… it’s never happened before. Abandoning the conversation with Hannah, I turn back around to face Josh and walk up to him, knowing the questions will be starting again.
“No not exactly, only me and Hannah.”
“Oh. Is it some sort of vampire twin thing then?” He asked through innocent eyes.
“Yes I guess you can say that.” I smile amused at his human innocence once again. I loved how he tried to understand my world, it was far too cute.
I place my hands on his hips and sigh, reductively wanting to leave him now but I knew I had too.
“I’m sorry love but I really have to go.”
He looked a little upset but he shrugged it off somehow understanding that I really had to go.
“It’s okay; I can see my house from here so I’ll just walk the rest of the way.”
“You, walk? Are you serious?” I was generally surprised.
Josh frowns and hits my arm in a harmless manner and I can’t help but burst out laughing. I know my human and I know that he can be very lazy indeed and walking was far from his favourite thing to do.
“I’m not that bad Oliver!” Josh yells in his defence, crossing his arms to his chest and pouting.

I shake my head and pull him back in my embrace and rest my chin on top of his head as he continued to sulk.
“Make sure you take something for that headache okay.” I warned, I didn’t want him to ignore it while I wasn’t with him.
“Can I see you later?” He looks up, his pout fading.
“I’ll come kiss you goodnight.” I promise and see him blush and smile shyly at my answer.
I chuckle lightly and kiss him on his forehead goodbye.
“Keep safe.” I murmur against his skin before disappearing and travelling straight to my sister’s side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi I’m back and this is terrible I’m sorry. I wrote this ridiculously long chapter which ended up being 9K lol so I basically halved it and will post the next part sometime during the week. I hope you guys haven’t forgotten about me!