Time Stood Still

Drink Up So You Can Convince Yourself That I’m Cute.

Chapter 8: Drink Up So You Can Convince Yourself That I’m Cute.

Josh's P.O.V

Vic had his arm draped over my shoulder as he pulled me closer to his side, he swung his head back with laughter, Jamie’s failed attempt to down his drink became a disaster as he ended up spilling it down himself.
It was Halloween and we were at the beach by night fall sitting around a camp fire drinking ridiculously amounts of alcohol and telling horror stories.

We all dressed up for the occasion of course, Vic, Mike, Tony and Jamie had dressed up as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which I thought was fucking brilliant, Kellin and Kate had dressed up as characters from Harry Potter but from the enemies’ side Slytherin house, and I was dressed in a skeleton suit which I topped with a grey hoodie as I tried to pull off being Donnie Darko.

Apparently I was “grounded” but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from going out, especially on Halloween.
I manage to climb out of my side bedroom window, which led down to the roof of the kitchen extension and I would jumped down to the back garden from there and make a run for it without my mum ever knowing I’ve even left the house. This has been happening for the last couple of months now and she’s never caught me, even if she did, she wouldn’t be able to do anything about it, like what would she do? Nail my window shut like some sort of prisoner?
Our relationship hasn’t improved, in fact its got worse, I barely talk to her at all, I’ve basically been a little shit on purpose, doing whatever I can to push her buttons, piss her off, making her life a living nightmare with me under her roof hoping one day soon she’ll snap and send me back home to London with my dad.
Well that was the plan anyway and I wasn't giving up until she gave me what I want.

Vic untangled himself from me and got up from the log we were sitting on and joined in on the drunken wrestling stunts the others had created, leaving me alone with the love birds, Kellin and Kate.

“So what’s going on between you and Vic?” Kate asked, smirking at me.
“N-nothing.” I answered honestly to Kate’s question, which took me slightly off guard, gosh, she didn’t hang about.
“Oh come on Josh, don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. You’re always together, skipping classes, whispering and laughing and don’t get me started on how he can barely keep his hands off you!”
I blushed, pulling my half empty beer bottle to my lips to avoid answering any more awkward questions.
“We’re close, that’s all.”
“You fancy him, don’t you?”
I felt my cheeks burn more than before, why is she bringing this up for? It wasn’t any of her business if I fancied him or not.
“We’re just friends Kate.”
“Yeah yeah, you can’t fool me Josh! If you didn’t fancy him, you wouldn’t be letting him run his hands all over you and let him act like you’re practically a couple.”
She said giggling into Kellin’s shoulder as she obviously saw me shift around in my seat, feeling rather uncomfortable.

She eventually got up and left Kellin’s side to join the others, leaving me alone under the awkward stare of her boyfriend’s.

“More like what’s going on between you and Oliver Sykes?” He said staring at me, raising his eyebrows.
“There’s nothing going on Kellin.”
"Bullshit. You know what I’m talking about Josh.”
Kellin sat glaring at me across from the fire, he knew I knew what he was getting at.
Last week at college I stormed out of my English class because my asshole of a teacher wouldn’t let me answer my phone to my dad.
I was more than furious and Oliver followed after me, in hopes to try and clam me down… which he did.
We got a bit close by the lockers, nothing major happened, we just had a moment, his ice cold fingers trailed their way down my cheek and it probably would have turned into something more but unfortunately Kellin saw us. And ever since then he hasn’t taken his eyes off me! Whenever I’m with Oliver or Vic he just sends me these horrid death stares, warning me he’s watching my every move with both of them.
He’s been making me feel really uncomfortable and worse, he thinks he knows something when he really doesn’t know any facts to even start accusing.

“We’re just friends.” I muttered.
“I won’t let you mess Vic around.” He frowned.
“I’m not messing him around.” I defended myself, raising my voice a little. I wasn’t messing Vic around, not intentionally anyway… I actually liked Vic a lot.
Kellin was making it sound like I was cheating on Vic or something, accusing me of something which I have nothing to feel guilty about. Me and Vic are just friends, nothing has develop further than that, yeah, I let him touch me wherever he pleases but nothings been sexual or to state we’re an official “couple” so he can stop with the interrogation.
“For some reason he cares a lot about you.”
“And what’s wrong with that?” I glared at Kellin, feeling rather offended at what he just said.
“Because I know you’re going to hurt him.”
I opened my mouth to argue back, but decided not too. I didn’t want to cause a scene, I was already feeling quite tipsy so I knew that this would only end up in a fight and I didn’t want to upset Vic, so I just dropped it.
But I haven’t done anything wrong, I’m close friends with both Oliver and Vic, nothing has gone further than a few touches here and there from both of them, therefore I don’t see how Kellin has the right to sit here and make me feel guilty like this.

“Don’t take his kindness for granted Josh, he’s my best friend and I won’t let you play him like a fool.”
“I wouldn’t do that.” I tighten my grip around my empty beer bottle; I was getting really pissed off at Kellin, who the hell does he think he is?!
I really wanted to get up and punch him in the face but I was stopped by a drunken Vic falling into my lap.
He wrapped his arms around my neck and giggled into my chest, usually I wouldn’t have minded it or even gave it a second thought, but since Kellin opened his big mouth that letting Vic do this was obviously leading him on.
I was met with Kellin’s death stare once again and I felt nothing but awkwardness.

I shifted Vic out of my lap and untied his arms from my neck and stood up, he gave me a confused look but I didn’t respond to it and just reached for another bottle of beer.

I felt Vic placed his hands on my hips as he stood beside me.
“You okay?” he whispered.
“I’m fine.” I lied and pulled his hands off my hips and placed them by his sides firmly, hoping he get the hint to keep his hands to himself.
“Whats wrong?”
I shook my head.
“Nothing.”
“Josh?”
“Just not here okay.”
He frowned, wanting me to explain of course but I just walk away from him and started a conversation with Tony.

We were all pretty fucking drunk by this point and I’ve had way more than I could handle, but I couldn’t care less, I was having a blast and I plan to continue drinking until I was totally wasted.
All of my worries and frustration over the last couple of months had seemed to disappear, I was surrounded by smiley drunk faces, faces I’ve come familiar with and love and now accept as my friends. The most important friend being Vic of course, despite me being off with him earlier, he still meant alot to me.

I’ve been avoiding Vic all night since Kellin poked his nose in earlier but somehow Vic managed to trick me into climbing up the rocks with him, and being under the influence of a large amount of alcohol I saw nothing of it, until I realise I was alone with him.

We were sat on top of the highest rock, allowing the cold night air surround us and laugh down at the others on the beach below us. Vic placed his warm hand on my knee and shuffled closer to me, sending chills down my spine at his touch.
I felt my cheeks burn and my heart beat pick up its paste as I notice how close Vic was to me, I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he rested his chin on top of my shoulder, this is what he's been trying to get out of me all night.
His next words took me by surprise.

“Why have you been acting off with me?”
“I haven’t.”
He linked his fingers in with mine but I pulled away instantly without even realising.
“See, what’s that all about?”
“S-sorry…” I placed my hand back in his, my eyes scattered the beach below us to see if Kellin was watching us but he was too busy making out with Kate.
“Maybe we should keep the touchy feely stuff to ourselves… you know, keep it private.”
“What?” he blinked up to me. “Has someone said something?”
I bit my lip, my eyes looking everywhere but at his.
“Someone has haven’t they? Who?”
I knew he wasn’t going to let this go, I fluttered my eyes back to his; he raised his eyebrows to encourage me to answer.
I sighed giving in, I know he’s not gonna like this.
“Kellin.” I mumbled.
I saw his confusion expression fall from his face and was now replaced with anger.
“What’s he said?”
I shook my head, not wanting to cause an argument; I knew I shouldn’t have said anything.
“Josh?”
I hesitated for a moment, I didn’t want to upset Vic in anyway and I wasn’t exactly sure how he felt about me. I mean, I know we’re close friends and I also know he hates me spending time with Oliver; I had to choose my words carefully, so I wouldn’t sound like what Kellin predicted.
“He thinks I’m playing you… which is ridiculous because nothing is going on between us.” I laughed lightly.
“Kellin is just being an over protective twat who should keep his big mouth shut.”

I laughed and nodded in agreement at Vic’s reaction, Kellin and everyone else for that matter should stay out of our business, if we wanted to hold hands or whatever, we should be able to do so without our friends sticking their noses in.

“Do I make you feel uncomfortable?” he asked.
“No, far from it.” I smiled, as I thought it through. He really doesn’t.

I turned to face him, letting my eyes fall to his drunken gaze, and stare into his eyes for longer than expected and I got nervous and dropped my eyes to his lips… man, I’ve wanted him to kiss me ever since he had me pinned down on my bedroom floor that one time.
I notice I was examining every inch of his face, taking it all in, and licking my lips as I just wanted to taste him so bad.
Vic’s laughed snapped me out of my day dream and I turned away instantly feeling my entire face heat up.

“You’re so cute when you’re nervous Josh.”
“Shut up.”
I took another swig of my drink; I needed to be more drunk to be able to handle this, the chemistry between us was killing me.
I was biting on my bottom lip, when I saw him break into a smile shaking his head laughing to himself.

Vic hooked his fingers under my chin and pulled my face towards him, his drunken brown eyes locked their gaze onto mine, it was so hard to take him seriously wearing that bright yellow mask which matched the rest of his outfit, it wasn’t fair that he could hide his blushing and I couldn’t.

I swallowed hard, nervous of what his next move might be but I knew whatever it was, I wanted it.
I would be lying if I said I haven’t thought about it… thought about kissing Vic… yeah I’ve thought of the negative as well, if we did kiss and things went further and then didn’t work out for whatever reason, would it ruin our friendship? I mean, we’ve become really close and I would hate to lose what we have over a drunk kiss.
But on the other hand, it could be totally worth it…

If I were sober my first instincts would have been to back away from him and think this through properly but because of the amount of alcohol I’ve assumed tonight, it was making it difficult to think straight and making me feel over confident and fearless and wanting every part of Vic on me.
My heart began to beat like crazy as I saw Vic’s eyes fluttered to my lips and slowly leaned in to me, I panicked but I closed my eyes shut and just waited.

I was met with a soft gentle kiss to my lips, sending a tingle throughout my entire body and in that moment, nothing in the world mattered.
Fuck, I’ve wanted him to kiss me for so long and it’s finally happened, my first ever kiss with a guy and it was with him, I couldn’t have asked for it to be any different.

As I finally relaxed and started to enjoy the kiss a lot more, his lips pulled away from mine, forcing me to open my eyes to look at him.
He was wearing the biggest smile on his face and just when I was about to question him, he spoke.
“I really like you Josh…”
I blushed, looking down into my lap, nervously playing with my beer bottle in my hand.
“I really like you too…” I whispered shyly.
I really did like him, since the moment we met we’ve gotten along instantly and hardly spent any time apart and my feelings for him had developed further than just friends but I wasn’t 100% sure he felt the same and I was freaking out about knowing that I was now into guys, that’s why I never did anything about it before... and because I also like Oliver too.

The kiss was only quick even though it felt long, I guess that was the alcohol fault but my body was just craving to have more of him.
I moved in to continue the kiss but he back away smiling.
“There’s plenty more where that came from Josh, but you’re going to have to catch me if you want more.” He giggled before standing up and running off into the darkness.

He left me smiling like a big kid, oh if this is the game he wants to play then so be it, but I won't be so easy for him to kiss when I catch him.

“Hey Vic, wait up!” I shouted out after him.
I scrambled to my feet to run after him but being completely fucked off my face, I missed my step and fell off the rock, hitting my face rather harshly against the rocks.

My eyes fluttered open slowly, my vision blinded by a sheet of red liquid, which I could only assume was blood, but all I could focus on was the throbbing pain running down the right side of my face. I groaned out at the pain coming from my head, I tried to look up but even that felt impossibly painful to do. I was hanging from something, but it was way too dark to figure out what it was, but something had caught of my arm which stopped my from falling to the ground but the pain was just unbearable.
I tried to pull my arm away from whatever had grip on it but it was stuck tight and it only caused me more pain by struggling.

My feet scrambled to find somewhere to settle against the rocks and I struggled to pull myself up with my other arm, every part of my body just screamed out with pain, I couldn't think straight and I just lost my grip and slipped, knocking my head again against the concrete and before I knew it, suddenly everything went black.

My body woke by someone shaking me lightly, but my eyes refuse to open.
“Josh, can you hear me?”
I heard a faint voice calling out to me, a strong smell of alcohol hitting my face, making me want to puke. I tried to response but my body wasn’t having it.
“Shit Josh, come on, wake up.”
Whoever was shaking me had a tight grip on my arm, a painful moan manage to past my lips to warn them I was in awake and in pain.
“Fuck, your hurt pretty bad.”
With enough force, I finally manage to open my eyes, but all I could see with darkness.
After what I assume was a few seconds, the silhouette which appeared above me, then faintly turned into the purple masked ninja turtle.

“Josh, its me Mike, talk to me buddy.”
I know he was only checking to see if I was alright but he had a tight grip of my arm and it was fucking painful to bear it any longer.
“Let go of my arm.” I mumbled.
“What?”
“You’re hurting my arm.” I groaned in frustration.
“I’m not touching your arm Josh, does it hurt?”
“Let go Mike.” I chocked out, feeling myself fall back into darkness.

I felt my eyes roll back into my head and I was soon consumed with full black darkness again, Mike’s voice became muffled and then eventually faded into nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank fuck this chapter is finally over, its been a pain in the butt for ages!!! I struggled what to write in this chapter, i feel like i blabber on too much and im trying to MOVE ON WITH THE STORY!!! but yeah, i have a rough idea what to write in the next chapter but this kinda had to happen to move on, if you understand where im coming from...
i feel like no one even reads this anymore :( but i guess i just write it for myself and whoever is still interested :\ work sucks and its hard to update.
comments and feedback please, i miss hearing what you guys think! xx