Status: Read and enjoy, it's my first fanfiction so don't judge

Hell's Above but I'm in Heaven With You

New Beginning

*Kellins POV*

Feeling comfortably numb I heaved my lazy ass out of bed,
taking a few steps towards my dusty mirror I retreated in horror.
I definitely looked 'worse for wear' pale was an understatement.
And the crusty reminents of my self-inflicted ordeal last night trailed down my wrists in zebra-esque patterns.
I peered over to my bed and realized I had slept with same blade that had caused my scars, purely for comfort. Light blood stains smeared across my covers and my pillow was damp, from
the tears of yesterday.
This was a regular occurrence for me, hurting myself,
it eased the emotional pain I had been through over the past few years, I winced in horror as the painful memories came flooding back.

*don't hurt me please, I cried, that sinister look in his eyes informed me he had other plans, he lunged at me grabbing me tightly by the throat, My breathing rapidly got out of control, and faint, he dragged me across the room, still by my throat and hurled my down the stairs, causing me to tumble
and narrowly miss an antique vase, I tumbled straight into the wall, head first, blood trickled down my face, unable to stand I shut my eyes in the hope that I would wake up, escape this hell, this nightmare, my own father, my own bully.*

I realized I was shaking uncontrollably as the flashback faded, these were a regular occurrence, the more I forgot about them, the more I would be reminded that the torture never ends.
It had been two years since that day, two years since I had seen my father, two years since I had been under the care of the Barakat family. I thought of Mr and Mrs Barakat as my very own Mom and Dad, they had done far more me than my own biological parents had ever done.
After, being left for two whole days at the bottom of the dark staircase at my fathers house and him long since fleeing the scene, a neighbour burst through the door, eyes focusing instantly on my limp body, it was nice to know someone actually cared about my existence enough to come searching for me. The police followed my old neighbour Penny through my front door and rushed to my side as I had blacked out completely.

Mr and Mrs Barakat fostered vulnerable children and as soon as I had placed eyes on them at the hospital they had stood by my side. They had officially adopted me a couple of months ago, a first for them although they already had a child of their own. Jack is my adoptive brother, and the best brother I could honestly ever ask for, he is so understanding and caring, he brightens up my days. And more importantly he knows never to mention my biological father.

Mr Barakat had recently got a new job, which meant we had to move, I wasn't entirely fond of the idea
but as long as I had Jack, I knew I would be fine.

--

Cardboard boxes littered my room as I sat pondering
my new life in San Diego, what if it didn't work out? what if they bully me, again. I felt my breathing getting out of control as I slipped into a panic attack, "count to ten", I thought, "c'mon
Kellin just breathe, it's not that hard." My breathing slipped back into it's normal routine just as Jack came bursting through my door.

"We're leaving in about an hour Kells!" he exclaimed, obviously excited. "Yeah I know, I'm trying." I muttered, as he noticed I was nowhere near finished packing. "Kellin, dude, you clearly need a hand why didn't you just ask?" Jack questioned me, "sorry Jack, I didn't want to get in your way." I said focusing on a spot on the carpet nervously. Jack sat on the bed next to me and placed his arm round my shoulders " Kell we're gonna get this packed together, I won't let my brother worry about the smallest of things." he said giving me a sympathetic look. I smile tugged at my lips, I wasn't used to him calling me his 'brother' yet but when he did, it made me feel so loved and happy, I didn't have any real siblings of my own, Jack was the closest I had and the fact he recognized my as a brother made my day.

Jack was my age, but a hell of alot taller than me, he was popular and could comfortably walk into a room and all eyes would be fixated on him. He came across as confident. Not cocky, just confident.
He was a hit with the ladies and the men. One reason why me and Jack got on so well was because we both were into guys, we were both understanding of each other and Jack never once bullied me about my sexuality, or felt awkward around me, I never loved Jack in a sexual way though, more of a brotherly love, something I had only began to feel over the past few years.

--

All packed up and ready to go, the four of us gazed up at our house, our old house, it was sad to leave this place,
so many positive things had happened for me here, but I guess it was time for a new start. "Come on then Boys, lets get going before the roads get hectic" Mr Barakat smiled at both me and Jack as he handed us a sandwich each, mine was considerably smaller than Jack's, this wasn't due to unfairness from the Barakats at all.
I had eating issues which meant I ate very little, it was a miracle if I ate at least one full meal during a day, Mr and Mrs Barakat was super understanding of this, always gently prompting me to eat a little bit more without pressuring me.

"This time tomorrow we'll be in San Diego Kells, everything will be fine." Jack whispered into my ear clearly noticing my nerves,
"I know Jack, I'm fine with it, it'll be great." I lied to Jack with a smile, I wasn't intentionally lying to Jack, I just wanted to put his mind at ease. "Okay kells well you know, I wont let them touch you at our new school, you'll find friends and someone good for you!" Jack whispered back, I honestly didn't believe any of what he just said apart from him not letting anyone touch me, Jack get's awfully defensive over me, at our old school he got suspended for punching an absolute dick who purposely spilt spaghetti on me. They laid off me after Jack stepped in, hopefully I won't need Jacks help at our new school though, I wanted to try and naturally be accepted at our new school, a circle of friends that accepted me sounded great, I hadn't had any other friends except for Jack for so long. We pulled out of the driveway, both me and Jack glancing back at the house, Jack then turned to me and whispered "the start of a new beginning Kells, this time it'll be good I promise", as he beamed at me excitedly,
I felt a slight glimmer of hope tingle through me as I smiled back at Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
First ever Chapter of my first ever FanFic, I promise to include lots of plot twists!