Status: Complete! EYYY!

What a Beautiful Wedding

1/1

JACK'S POV

I stood up and looked out at the sea of people in front of me. Family, friends, co-workers. Everyone was here to witness this, to watch us, and it meant everything to me. HEY LOOK I CAN BE SAPPY! Maybe I should have been born a girl? My role in this could be reversed! I would get to look pretty and everyone would look at m-

That's quite gay?

I'm not gay. In fact I'm totally straight, despite all rumours stating otherwise. I'm so straight that I'm in love! With a girl. And no... Her name isn't Alex and she doesn't have a dick. Just thought I would clarify! She's the entire reason I'm doing this right now. Speaking to all of these people, everyone we know between the two of us.

It's odd seeing the people you know wearing suits, especially when you're used to being in confined spaces with their sweaty bodies late at night... Wait... That didn't- That should- I mean... Nevermind.

I cleared my throat and banged my fork against a champagne flute. Apparently a bit too violently, I noticed a chip in the glass and made the mental note to not actually drink it.
"I was told I had to have a speech... If I was any good with words, I'd be a better public speaker," I chuckled nervously.

The woman by my side, she held my hand gently and smiled at me admiringly. I grinned back and pecked her lips softly, earning a reaction of awe from our audience. She blushed and I laughed a little at her embarrassment, half of my band's fanbase has seen my mangina. I don't think it's possible for me to be embarrassed any more.

"I've played Mario enough times to know that this girl is a true princess, she's precious, way better then that slut Peach!" I got a few 'tsks' and eye rolls but my girl laughed at me. "But the time we met was like the end of the game!"

JEN'S POV

I sat at one of my best friends weddings alone, I was dressed in a lilac dress with a row of flowers threaded into my hair. I was the maid of honour, it was an important job I guess, but then again at the wedding I have nothing to do except walk and look pretty.

I sighed and leaned further back into my seat, a familiar song played through the speakers in the gazebo where the reception was being held. Mayday Parade - Hold Onto Me. It was one of 'those' songs. The ones you secretly love with a passion but are afraid to admit it. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes allowing myself a moment of peace.

"You okay?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you Jen! I just wanted to check you were alright!" My friend Cassadee giggled, she watched on as the bride (Lisa) and groom (Alex), danced together grinning. They looked so happy together. I was just proud Alex actually grew the balls to make this a forever thing.

Those two are always together on and off, it was about time they realised they liked each other. Lisa's an awesome girl, she's just a little bit cautious, but now she's happy. The only one out of our friendship circle yet to find a man is me. I'm alone forever seemingly.
"Are you coming to watch the fireworks? Do you want to help me and Ri set them all off?" Cassadee's eyes lit up with excitement and I shook my head chuckling lightly.

"No thanks Cass. I think I'll watch from afar. Especially considering you and Rian have been trusted to do this," I winked.

"Oh fuck off," she giggled stumbling slightly from the influence of the alcohol she'd been drinking all evening.

Rian came and took Cassadee's hand, leading her away to fulfil their jobs for tonight. I sighed and stood up, I lifted my dress up a little and slipped on the shoes of death Lisa had paired with my outfit. Why would anyone wear these? I walked outside and regretted not bringing a coat instantly.

"Hey pretty girl!" I frowned and turned around. A guy with black and blonde hair jogged towards me. "You not cold?" He quizzed. I shrugged in response taken aback by his forwardness.

"It's not too cold, besides it shouldn't take too long."

"It's fucking freezing," the guy grinned. "You're the maid of honour right?" I nodded in reply. "Nice! I'm the best man! I'm Jack!" He held his hand out to me and I shook it timidly.

I made eye contact with him and blushed slightly. I vaguely recognised him now, he was a member of Alex's band. The guitarist or bassist? One of them. My train of thought was halted by an obnoxious bang. I squeaked as I jumped in fright. The tall, lanky guy giggled at my response to the noise and my cheeks flushed with colour.

I looked up to the sky and smiled at the lights illuminating the darkness. Fireworks have always made me happy, but I couldn't help glancing at the guy standing with me every few minutes. In my defence he's a fucking gorgeous one!

I shivered at the uncomfortableness of the cold air hitting my bare skin. Why did I not bring a coat? I won't be making that mistake ever again. That's guaranteed. I felt something get draped over my shoulders and saw that Jack had removed his jacket, it was now draped over me and I hugged it tightly to me appreciating the gesture.

"Thank you!" I yelled over the series of bangs.

"Anytime princess," he winked. I blushed again and hid my face in his jacket to hide my red cheeks. He called me princess, no one's ever called me that in a nice way before.

He smelt good too, his jacket had a sweet scent to it, it reminded me of candyfloss and pear drops, I looked over to him and he was watching me closely. I turned to face him and frowned.
"What?" I asked rubbing my face to make sure there was nothing on it.

"You're just... Beautiful..." He mumbled and stroked my hair.

There was just something about him that drew me close.


That's what made me marry him.

JACK'S POV

I looked at my bride as we got ready to leave the venue. "Have you got everything, babe?" I smiled and kissed her forehead. She giggled and pushed me away playfully.

"I think that's the lot! Are we ready to go start our lives together?" She grinned excitedly and I nodded. I placed my hand on the side of her face, I leant down to kiss my wife. God that sounds funny. I have a wife... I'm a man, it only took me a lifetime! I kissed her softly making sure to ho her everything I felt. Love, lust, desire... Maybe even a little bit of fear.

"Hey, babe?" I smiled. "Our lives start in the bedroom, get your ass there!" I smirked and she blushed rushing off ahead of me giggling as she left. I followed closely carrying our remaining things and shaking my head.

I'M. MARRIED. NOW.
♠ ♠ ♠
A quick little one shot for Jen.