Status: Just something I wrote for my tumblr followers, hope you like it!

Music Is My Drug

1/1

To Jack, music was always an escape. Whatever the emotion – sad, angry, happy – there was always a song that described his feelings perfectly. Not many people that Jack knew shared his love for music, especially his family. He can remember his older brothers’ screams from his bedroom, telling Jack to ‘turn off that shitty music’. He can remember his mothers expression as he put up another Blink-182 poster, covering up the last of his wall. He can remember his sister getting fed up with finding her car full of various CDs from when she used to have to drive Jack to school.

None of that mattered when he listened to music.

When Jack woke up, it was a regular day. Get ready for school, eat breakfast, then wait for his best friend Rian to pick him up. Jack could easily drive to school, but he doesn’t deem it necessary when he can get a lift.

As per usual, the two would talk easily on the short way to Dulaney High, and both part ways when they arrived, as result of them being in different classes.

Only when Jack saw his seat in the back corner being taken up by someone did he realise the day would be different.

"Hey, that's my seat" Jack said as he stood by the stranger, and the boy looked up. Soft brown hair covered his forehead, and framed his face.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I got moved into different classes so I don't know where people sit" he explained, and he stood up, his unbuttoned purple checkered shirt showing a black shirt underneath, caused Jack to do a double-take. It had a Blink logo on it.

"Uh, the seat next to me is free, though, so you can sit there. I'm Jack." The stranger moved his bag to the seat next to Jack and sat down, immediately slouching and letting his long legs stretch out in front of him.

"Nice to meet ya, Jack, I'm Alex." Jack grinned as he sat in his own chair, reaching for a headphone that dangled from his collar.

The first half an hour flew by, with no other words spoken between the two. Not until Jack began humming along to Fall Out Boy's '20 Dollar Nose Bleed.'

"Fall Out Boy, right?" Alex asked, and Jack turned to see the boy with his eyebrows raised, caramel eyes on Jack.

"Yeah, you like 'em?" Jack raised his own eyebrows. Never had he known anyone other than Rian that shared his taste in music.

"Like them? Dude, they're one of my favorite bands!" Alex was grinning, and Jack couldn't help the smile that reached his lips.

"I see you like Blink as well, that's awesome."

"Who wouldn't like Blink?"

Yep. Jack knew that this day would be different.

*

Lunch was spent discussing favorite albums between the two boys, as Rian was held in by his teacher for passing notes.

"Why don't you hang out at my house after school? Cos I don't have many friends and I think it would be fun to get to know you better" Alex blushed as he offered, and Jack grinned.

"I'd love to, Alex."

The brunette grinned and the two continued their talk on music.

*

"So uh, yeah this is my place" Alex said, and Jack looked up at the neat house, and the rose bushes on the walk up to the front door.

"I love it" Jack grinned, and followed Alex inside his house, and frowned. "You're parents aren't home?"

Alex shook his head and told Jack that his parents have been working really late recently, and they had the house to themselves. The brunette led Jack to his room, and was surprised when he saw it was like his own room; covered in posters, CDs strewn everywhere and clothes on the floor.

"Sorry 'bout the mess" Alex said, bending to pick up the clothes and leaving his room to dump them in the laundry. "I hate cleaning," he huffed as he re-entered the room, and Jack shook his head.

"My rooms the same so I'm used to it"

Alex grinned, and Jack looked at a piece of paper in a frame, and stood closer to it.

"You got Patrick Stump's autograph? How?" Jack was surprised to say the least, I mean, c'mon, Patrick Stump!

"When they had the concert here I kinda stalked them at the airport" Alex laughed, laying back on his bed, arms behind his head.

Jack looked around and couldn't see anywhere to sit and shrugged, lying down beside Alex.

"Jack?" Jack had nearly fallen asleep, and barely heard Alex say his name.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad we're friends." Alex admitted, and Jack turned his head, seeing a pair of eyes already watching him.

"So am I" Jack smiled, and Alex grinned, his eyes crinkling.

From then on, the two boys got closer, and Jack learnt everything about Alex, from his love of dogs to how well he can sing. It was one Sunday morning at the Barakat household that Alex found out that Jack was bisexual, and nearly chocked on his coffee.

"Is there something wrong, Alex?" Jack seemed unfazed, and Alex shook his head, and the topic wasn't brought up again.

Of course, until Jack's 18th birthday.

Everyone was hammered, dancing and laughing, and someone thought of the brilliant idea to play Truth or Dare.

"Lex! Truth or Dare?" Jack slurred, and the brunette grinned.

"Dare!"

Jack thought for a moment, staring at Alex across the circle, and clicked his fingers together.

"Kiss the most attractive person in the circle!" Alex frowned and looked around the circle. There were a couple sleazy girls winking at Alex and he suppressed a shudder. The only person he knew besides Rian in the circle was Jack, and Rian was also the only one who knew Alex's secret.

He had the hots for his best friend.

Alex stood, and made his way across the circle - nearly falling a few times - and promptly sat on Jack's lap, grinning when he saw Jack's surprised face.

It was what Jack said - no, asked - Alex after the party that changed both their lives forever.

"Do you like me?" The brunette nodded, and taller boy grinned.

"Well I like you too, Alexander."

And with that, the two boys happily lived their lives together, owing their happiness to the music that they both so deeply love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a story I wrote as a way to thank my tumblr followers! I reached over 300 a couple days ago and the idea for this was in my head so here it is! The way I wrote it is kinda weird but I'm new to this whole writing thing so don't hate me aha. Love you guys!