Heart It Races

Six

"Aspen the boys are here!" My dad informed from downstairs as I finished twisting my hair into a bun.

It was Monday, the boys' first day of school. We had decided that every morning Ashton would drop them off at my house, and I would drive us to school, and while we were at school, Ash and my dad would work in the studio, and when we got home from school the other boys would do their parts.

"Hey!" I called, bounding down the stairs as I slung my backpack over my shoulder, meeting the boys at the bottom.

They all gave some kind of response before I asked, "So, are you guys excited for your first day of American school?"

"Yeah, I'm mostly excited about that fact that we don't have to wear uniforms. Waking up early sucks though."

I laughed, walking to the kitchen, grabbing some coffee for the road.

"Okay let's go!" I grabbed my keys, "Bye dad!"

"Have good day!"

The four of us climbed in my car, music playing as I started it.

***

"I have precal that period too!" I exclaimed as the boys read their schedules off to me, "What teacher?"

"Maddox?" Luke read.

"That's means we have that class together and I can copy your homework!" I cheered.

He rolled his eyes, "Like I'll be doing any work."

"What time does class start?" Michael asked.

"In like three minutes." I told checking my phone.

"Aspen, walk me to class I don't wanna get lost." Calum whined, jutting out his bottom lip. Mike, Luke and I all had German first period and since Calum had already done his foreign language he had precal. Lucky for me they were in the same hallway.

"C'mon you big baby." I bumped him with my hip as I walked by.

The boys followed me up the stairs, and I couldn't help but notice the large amounts of female attention they were attracting. I don't know why but I turned to look at Mike, hoping he wasn't eyeing any of the girls, feeling a small bit jealous I guess, but as I did his green eyes stared right back at me. I gave him a small smile, liking the sight of him walking the school halls with me.

"Have fun!" I called to Calum as he walked into the class I pointed to. "I feel like a mom dropping her kid off at school on his first day." I pretended to wipe a tear from under my eye.

"They just grow up so fast don't they?" Michael fake sobbed covering his face with his hand.

The German class was just two doors down and across the hall so we made it just in time.

I sat in my usual spot in front of Claire, motioning to Luke and Michael to sit in the two empty desks across the aisle from me.

I turned back to look at Claire in hopes of introducing them to her, but she was already eating them with her eyes.

"Um, Claire, this is Luke and Michael. Guys, this is my friend Claire."

They waved politely and she mumbled a 'hey' ripping her eyes from them.

The bell rang.

"Oh! Who are these kids you are not in this class!" The frazzle headed blonde woman spoke. She was from Germany and without a doubt the most dimwitted being in the school.

"They're new students Frau."

"New students? What? You're pulling my leg."

"Frau why the hell would two kids just be here? I doubt they want to hang out with you!" Michelle, a girl I talked to sometimes, voiced.

"I'll check my roster."

"She's not the sharpest tool in the shed." I informed the two boys.

"Oh yes! Here's the email! Michael and Luke! Stand up! Stand up! Schnell!"

They eyed me nervously, I gave them an encouraging smile. This class was really chill, and no one really did any work, we were all cool with each other and usually used it to our advantage playing off of each other in order to confuse the teacher out of giving us work and stuff.

"Wie heißt du?"

They looked to me for help, obviously having no former German knowledge.

"Frau, they don't speak German, you have to teach them."

"Sure they do or else they would not be in German." She turned back to my two friends, "Wo Sind sie?"

"She ask where you guys are from?" I sighed, realizing she wasn't going to give it up.

"Oh, Australia." Luke answered politely, but obviously slightly discomforted by the fact that all eyes were on them.

"Both of you?" She asked now in English.

"Yeah."

"Wow! All the way from Australia! Okay you can sit down now!"

The two boys hurried to take their seats as she went to the board, writing this week's vocabulary.

The bell had rung nearly ten minutes ago, but still, Colton waltzed in as he usually did, taking the seat in front of me.

"Colton why are you late?" The moody German huffed.

"I was snorting coke in the bathroom ma'am I'm sorry it will never happen again." He replied sarcastically, although it was probably not a joke.

"That was not classroom appropriate! Behave or I will call an administrator."

Frau didn't like Colton at all, so she usually got on to him for the smallest of things.

"Hey who are those guys?" He whispered to me.

"Those are my friends from Australia, the ones I told you about last week, that's Michael and that's Luke."

"Sup?" he nodded his head at them.

"Colton! Stop distracting my class!"

I watched his dilated blue eyes roll to the back of his head before he began talking again, "So you guys are in a band?"

"Yeah, we're here recording our album and stuff."

"That's sick. My uncle owns this bar downtown, they usually have live music and if you guys would be in to it I could talk to him and maybe get you a spot there."

"Are you serious?!" Michael exclaimed excitedly earning a glare from the teacher.

"Yeah totally, I-"

"Stop talking before I split you all up!"

She was all bark and no bite, but it was obvious that Luke and Mike wanted to make a good impression as they dismissed themselves from the conversation.

"So I got that stuff you wanted." Colton whispered.

"How much?"

"Two for 20."

"Cool, I'll meet you at the usual spot after seventh?"

He nodded.

The rest of the period went by, Colton and I carrying conversation, Mike and Luke joining occasionally, as well as Michelle and Claire.

The bell eventually rang and we met up with Calum and I showed them to their classes consequentially making me late, but I didn't care.

I spent all of second period anticipating third period, US History because Michael and I had that class together.

When the bell finally did ring I met him at the end of the English wing and we walked together.

"Enjoying it so far?" I asked, interested.

"Yeah, it's alright, pretty boring though."

"We should hang out tonight after you finish in the studio and everything."

"Yeah that'd be-"

"Aspen!"

My head snapped in the direction of the voice that had just called my name. I already knew who it was. The deep rumble mixed with a more than slight hint of douche bag belonged to none other than Brandon. Michael's head turned to look for whoever had called me, and was confused by the fact that I hadn't bothered to acknowledge them.

Then a large hand grasped my forearm and I attempted to rip it away from the brown eyes I refused to meet, alarming Michael who ripped Brandon's hand away from me before asking any questions.

"So you called me Friday night and now you're gonna try and ignore me?" He challenged, and I watched as recognition flashed across Michael's features.

"I said like three words to you." I scoffed, Michael scooting a bit closer to me.

"You're still a little slut."

"Hey shut up! Don't talk to her like that!"

His words and protective manner made my stomach flutter.

"Who the hell are you?" Brandon asked incredulously.

"Michael." He answered flatly.

"Well Michael, you better learn your place, before I have to put you in it.", then looking at me he smirked, "see you around Aspen."

We stood in the hallway watching him stalk off before continuing to our next class.

"What a prick." Michael muttered.

"He really is, but he's a big talker, don't worry about him."

"I don't like the way he looks at you, it's gross. Like he's mentally undressing you."

I didn't reply, but couldn't deny the warmth running through my body at the feeling of mattering to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So you should deffo comment or something if you're reading this bc I feel like no one's really reading or whatever. Idk but if you do read thanks so much! and if anyone comments before tonight I'll do a double update! ily!

-CalumsPeen

PS: is the new layout hard to read on?? Should I change it?