They're Just Girls

Two

Locklyn's POV

"Shit we're late!" I mumbled, walking briskly down the halls towards the front office, the other girls trailing just behind me.

"You guys are here for the Project S.O.F.T thing right?" The lady at the front desk asked as we stepped in the office.

Having taken the roll as mom of the group I answered for us, "Yes."

"Mr. Maverick is waiting for you in the conference room, last door on the left." She informed with a smile.

The hallway was long and I could actually feel my heartbeat picking up speed as we got closer. I was about to come face to face with a murderer. A murderer. I had stayed up all last night coming up with countless ways he could have done it. He didn't look like a psycho killer in his picture, his smile was too bright, and eyes too innocent, he couldn't really be a murderer it had to be a miss print.

As we rounded the corner into the big room my eyes immediately met the four rough looking tattooed boys whoes names I had memorized in the last 24 hours. They we're all looking at papers splayed out in front of them, probably just registration and rules and stuff. Sat next to the boy, Luke, was a man that looked to be in his 40's, Mr. Maverick standing at the head of the table.

"Girls! So nice of you to join us! Come in sit sit!" He ushered, and I immediately felt four pairs of eyes on us. I chanced a look up, mustering a smile although I was quaking in my boots. I sat down next to Marley who was sat next to the man I did not recognize, Cleo and Jett taking seats opposite of us, leaving an empty chair in between them and Michael, who smirked over at them.

Ashton sat next to Michael, closest to Mr. Maverick, he look pissed and that scared me, I saw Luke's eyes wander up and down each of us until he met my eyes, rolling his blue ones, I looked away quickly, not wanting to provoke him. Calum sat next to Luke, tapping his fingers boredly on the table, a hint of rage in his eyes, looking like he could explode at any moment.

"Boys, these are your chaperones, Luke, you will be with Cleo," he pointed to her and Luke gave a small wave with a cocky air to it, "Michael, you and Marley," Michael smirked towards her, causing an unsettling feeling in my stomach, his eyes seemed to mentally undress her. "Locklyn and Ashton," I tried to offer him a smile, only to have him turn to me eyes glossed over with hate before he allowed them to roll childishly in his head, "And, Calum and Jett."

"Jett? Isn't that a boy's name." Calum laughed.

"Either way it's my name, and I don't think you have much room to talk Project S.O.F.T." Jett retorted sassily, smirking at him.

Calum stood abruptly, and although Jett tried to appear unmoved I could see the slight fear in her eyes, "Don't fucking test me! I will lose my temper!" He slammed his fists on the table.

"Alright everyone settle down!"

Luke snickered quietly at the scene, so far he seemed like a prick.

They boys were given their schedules and sent to wait in the hall for us. Mr. Maverick wanted to have a word with us, the other guy still in the room.

"First off, I want to thank the four of you for doing this, it really is a huge service to us. Secondly, I want you all to remember that these boys are criminals, and if any of them threaten you in any way, I want it reported to me immediately."

We nodded.

"This is Mr. Carr, his is part of the program and is the boys' honorary father while they are here." The middle aged man came over shaking hands with each of us.

"If they cause any trouble, don't hesitate to let me know." he informed, all of us agreeing before going to meet our fate in the hall, the two men staying to talk.

The air was thick and awkward everyone unsure as how to approach the situation. My three friends looked to me, hoping I would lead.

"So, um, what class do you first period?" I asked Ashton, hoping to break the ice.

He just huffed shoving the paper into my hands, and upon closer inspection I realized his schedule was identical to mine, and not accidentally I presumed.

"This is going to be a long day" I mumbled beginning my trek to AP Biology, hoping Ashton was following, the unnecessarily loud thud of feet behind me told me he was as we broke off from the group entering the science wing.

"Is this your first time in America?" My voice was hopeful, he had yet to speak a word to me.

"Obviously. Do I look like the type of guy to take cute family vacations abroad and run freely on the beaches?" His voice was gruff and laced with rage. Why was he so angry?

"Well, I don't know, don't judge a book by its cover." I shrugged, trying not to let his hostility get to me.

"Whatever." He grumbled, turning away from me.

I was beyond annoyed. I had done nothing to deserve to be treated this way from him. I glared over at his tall stature drinking in his presence, entranced by the tattoos dotting the parts of his body that I could see, reminding me that they weren't visible in the picture, and consequentially, causing myself to remember the fact that he had in fact murdered someone. I shuddered, looking away, then glancing at his hands, as if the blood he had shed however long ago would still stain them.

We entered the classroom, and I quickly took my seat as Mrs. Truman introduced Ashton, who stood emotionless at the front, tapping his foot impatiently all the while, before she pointed him to the seat next to me.

"Locklyn would you mind showing Ashton where we are?"

I nodded, finding the spot in our workbooks that we had been working on for the last few days.

"If you need any help just ask." I mumbled, and as expected got no reply.

I held in a groan running a hand through my hair, hoping that this wasn't a sign of how the rest of our time together would go.