They're Just Girls

Four

Cleo's POV

"Stop it!" I hissed under my breath as Luke and I walked to PE, his hand planted firmly on my ass.

"Don't act like you don't like it." He groaned gripping my hips firlmy before grinding his groin into my backside.

I gasped shoving him off me, "Pig."

He smirked as we walked into separate locker rooms.

I groaned loudly, going to my athletics locker next to Marley's.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"Luke with his pretty face and dirty personality!" I grumbled fumbling with the combination.

"A dirty boy? Hmmm, that doesn't sound so bad." She chuckled slipping out of her clothes, I followed in suit.

"Not so bad? He's been practically raping me all day!"

All I wanted was someone to sympathize with me and she wasn't making it easy.

"But he's hot! I still don't see the problem." We were not fully dressed and most of the girls had made their way to the gym already.

"The problem is I barley know him, and he's done bad things before! Who knows what he could do to me! Not to mention he's super cocky and shouldn't be touching me the way he does without consent!"

It was silent between us and I assumed by her silence that Marley now agreed with me.

"How's Michael? You two seemed to be doing well in creative writing."

I was slightly jealous of her successful relationship with the blue haired boy, wishing Luke had turned out to be less of a dickhead.

"Good! He's super sweet and kind of dorky, it's cute, hes cute." She bushed covering her face with her hands.

"Oh my God Mar he's a criminal!"

"Yeah..."

"COME ON LADIES LET'S GO!" Coach yelled into the spacey room causing a loud echo.

We jogged out to the gym completing our stretches before going to the track.

"Alright, I want five laps around the track and then you're done!" She bellowed intensely before blowing her whistle.

Being a high school girl, I didn't really like PE, and more often than not, exerted the smallest amount of energy ever, not matter how many time that damn whistle was blown at me, so Marley and I walked as the other girls took off in whirlwind, leaving us easily in their dust.

"Hey look the boys are coming out here." Marley pointed to the group as we were half way through our first lap.

I immediately spotted Michael's blue hair, and it wasn't hard to find Luke when he stood a full head above everyone. I also saw Will, Mar's ex, cringing at his too bright ginger hair.

Luke caught me looking and I quickly averted my eyes hoping he wouldn't come over here.

"Mike!" Marley called, stopping, grabbing the attention of everyone in a 50 yard radius. I took note of the fuming red head watching the troublemaker jog over. Luke looked over to see what all the commotion was about smirking when his eyes landed on me. He began to saunter over.

"Hey!" Mike giggled coming to her side, Marley looked over at me, asking with her eyes if we should wait for Luke. I shook my head no and we continued to walk.

It wasn't long before I felt a pair of hands on my hips, and warm breath on my neck. I knew who it was. Marley and Mike had continued walking, too caught up in themselves to notice my absence.

"I have incredibly long legs you know? There's no way you could have out walked me." His voice was low, right in my ear, sending a tremor through my body. He chuckled feeling the effect he had on me.

I scoffed, walking quickly, undecidedly to catch up with Marley or get away from the dazzling blue eyes behind me. He was flawless with a flawed personality, and that was dangerous.

"Like I said, I have really long legs." He commented easily keeping up with my vigorous stride, any faster and I'd be running. This was definitely the most energy I'd put into PE all year.

"Why are you doing this? I don't even know you!"

The cocky grin fell from his face for a nanosecond, making me wonder if it had really happened at all before reappearing. He stopped, and so did I, wanting to hear his answer to my question. Slowly he got closer to my face, allowing me to see his eyes more clearly, endless shades of blue, not like the ocean, or the sky, like nothing I had ever seen. We were inches apart, "Because, how could I resist?"

Just like that he stalked away from me.

"What the hell was that?" Marley's voice pierced through the confused thoughts in my head.

"I have no idea."

I began to walk with them again, wondering how long I had stopped. Long enough for them to lap me.

"He's bad news." Mike informed entering into the conversation.

"Why do you say that?"

"He has a reputation back in Aus, at least the area that we're from. I'd never met him until the plane ride over but I knew all about him. He'd made himself know all over town, leaving a trail of bloody noses and broken girls. I don't know, I'd just be careful." He advised, making me wish I had a Michael instead of a Luke.

"Hey Marley!" Will called as he ran by, getting her attention before flipping her off.

She rolled her eyes, used to it by now.

"What's his deal?" Michael asked with glazed over eyes, a small fire burning in them.

"He's my ex."

"Well he's a douche."

"I know."

***

"Cleo."

I whipped my head up, hearing Mr. Cruz call my name.

"What?"

"The answer?"

I glanced down at the worksheet on my desk. Calculus was definitely not my forte.

"Ummm... I- I don't know."

"You should try paying attention, that might help. Anyone else want to try?"

"I'll have a go at it." Luke rose to his feet, taking the dry erase marker from the teacher's hand.

He stood at the board, his lanky, black clad form standing out against the white board. I watched his messy scrawl fold out over the white surface, I was surprised he knew how to do it, feeling bad for assuming he was stupid based on looks and personality.

"That is correct!" Mr. Cruz patted him on the back.

Luke looked smug as he went to sit down.

"Alright there's about 20 minutes left of class, work out your papers they're due tomorrow."

I stared blankly at the paper, not sure if I should multiply or divide, maybe subtract? I sighed loudly rubbing my hands over my face.

"Do you need help?" Luke asked.

I searched his face for any sign of humor at my struggle but found none.

"Yeah, sure."

He scooted his desk closer to mine and I eyes hi warily, remembering what had happened in second period today.

"I don't bite. Unless you want me to." He winked.

When I didn't answer, he continued, "So, anyway, that is one asymtope, and that is the point if intersection, and so you take this and plug it in here and then this number and plug it in here, and then the vertical asymtope goes there, and then you use this to divide and you should find that."

"So the answer is X equals two Y equals seven?" I hoped, somehow understanding his confusing instruction.

"Bingo!" He snapped his fingers.

"Alright, now this one is a little different..."

He jumped into showing me another problem, and I watched how his eyebrows furrowed and unfurrowed and his tongue jutted out to lick his pink lips.

"So the answer is?" He prompted.

"20 and 38?"

"You got it!"

My eyes met his blue ones and the gentle smile gracing his lips fell, and was replaced with a smirk as a hand was planted firmly on my thigh.

I huffed loudly, "Why are you doing this?"

He didn't answer so I shoved his hand off of me, asking Mr. Cruz if I could use the restroom.

He nodded and I stood, walking briskly from the room.

Why did he have to do that? It was still day one for God's sake! he was so sweet sometimes, why couldn't he always be like that? Tears stung my eyes, thinking of the last time I was involuntarily touched. It wasn't rape or anything, but they touched me, all of them, and they kept doing it, pinching and rubbing and poking and prodding and I couldn't make them stop. If Jett and Lock hadn't shown up I'm not sure what would have happened.

I shoved the bathroom door open thankful it was empty, then grabbing a paper towel and wiping away my tears of frustration.

How do I make him stop? Will he ever? Oh God, will we ever get past this?

There was a knock on the bathroom door, which confused me seeing how there were stalls. Then it cracked open.

"Cleo?" A small almost childlike voice came from the door.

"What do you want Luke?" My words were gruff, I was beyond done with him right now.

He pushed the door open all the way, walking in but pausing when he saw my tear stained cheeks.

"Why are you crying?"

"Just fuck off would you?"

He took large strides, standing before me, towering over my frame that was leaning against the sink.

"Cleo, what happened?"

Did he honestly not know? I wanted to punch him in the fucking face. I contemplated whether or not I should tell him the truth, then deciding to lie, knowing he could do a lot of things like laugh at me, throw it in my face later, the possibilities were endless.

"My mom texted me, my cat died." I've never had a cat.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said awkwardly, patting my shoulder, the most platonic gesture he'd given me all day.

"It's whatever."

"You are okay though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

The bell rang and we quickly exited the bathroom before anyone else decided to come in.

As we walked down the hallway, I did my best to stay a few feet ahead of Luke, not in the mood to be felt up.

"Trying to avoid me are we?"

I didn't reply.

"Oh, not talking either? Kinky."

I wanted to slap him.

His hands wrapped around my middle pulling me into his chest, "Hey babe," he whispered in my ear, his hot breath warming me to the bone, "you couldn't avoid me even if you tried."