They're Just Girls

Five

Calum's POV

"How was school boys?" Mr. Carr asked as we climbed into his car, only earning a reply from Michael, who was annoyingly accepting of our current situation.

"I didn't get any calls so I'm assuming you all managed to stay out of trouble." He looked back from the driver's seat awkwardly awaiting a conversation that would never happen as he pulled out of the lot.

Today had been a drag to say the least, the other boys, although in the same boat as myself were nothing like me, but I didn't care I didn't need anyone anyways. Then there was Jett who was alternately annoying as fuck and really interesting. She was so damn hard headed and it drove me mad, if she were a guy I would have punched her out already.

"How were the girls?" Our honorary father asked, once again trying at conversation.

"They're cool!" Michael chirped.

"Vanilla." Luke mumbled, hardly audible, making me question if he had even said it at all.

"What about you and Jett, Calum? It looked like you two were about to go at it this morning."

I was annoyed at him for calling me out when I was obviously not in the mood to chat, so I didn't answer, hoping he would catch my drift.

He sighed, "I know you're upset about being here man, but it will all pay off in the end."

His words made my blood boil, he doesn't fucking know me, how does he think he can just tell me how I feel?

"This program is a really great thing and I think it could really benefit a boy like you."

A boy like me? Who the fuck is this guy? What an ass, he doesn't know anything about me. He doesn't know my thoughts, or who I am, or what I do, or anything.

"I mean, I understand your parents may not have been the best, and they may not have given you the love and encour-"

"Shut the fuck up you don't know me! My parents were fine! Don't act like you know about any of the stuff that went on!" He could say all the shit he wanted to about me, but my family, my fucking parents, the people that gave me food to eat and clothes to wear, hell no, that was the line, and he had crossed it.

The whole car was dead silent, and everyone was looking at me, even Carr through the rear view mirror.

"Calum, I'm sorry bud I didn't-"

"Don't bud me you fucking prick, we are not buds. "

He sighed, running a frustrated hand over his face.

"Come on Calum, chill out, give him a break, he was just trying to have conversation." Mike placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Fuck you!" I yelled at him, jerking my shoulder away from his touch.

After that no one spoke, and when we pulled up to the ungodly sized house, I was the first to jump out, quickly going to my room, where I slammed the door loudly.

I needed to get away from them before I lost it. If I let what happened back in at home happen again over here I'd be jailed for sure. It was hard to keep my anger in check after dealing with Jett all day, and teachers, and then coming home to more shit and stress, and fuck I needed to punch something.

Before I could think about what was going on I let my fist collide with the dry wall, cracking it under my knuckles. Then pain was relieving. I punched it again, and again, and again, eventually punching a fist sized hole in it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Luke asked harshly, shoving the door open loudly.

I groaned loudly, envisioning my hands firmly around his neck, "What the fuck do you want?"

"Well, I was trying to enjoy the peace and quiet of my room when there was suddenly a loud bang on my wall, and it was making it very hard for me to relax, but from the looks of it," he pointed to the hole in the wall, "I assume you're just about finished." he smirked before walking out, closing the door behind him.

Cocky son of a bitch. He had no idea what I was going through.

Ashton's POV

I went to my room without a word, needing a lot of time alone after today. This whole program was just a huge reminder of what had happened five months ago. I shuddered at the thought, biting my lips in hopes of distracting myself from the memory.

Ashton, you stupid little boy. How could you? You killed her. She was only seven and you killed her. She didn't get to live, and it wasn't even her fault so why should you? You're a heartless selfish bastard. You should be the one six feet under right now, rotting with all the other garbage of the earth. That's what you are right? Garbage? Just a dirtbag with no sense of right or wrong. She had her whole life ahead of her. Think of how her mother felt, or her brother, especially her father. Can you imagine that happening to one of your siblings? It's all your fault Ashton. You're trash. Disgrace. Disappointment. Useless. Unwanted. Garbage.

I squeezed my eyes shut, pulling at the ends of my hair, like I could rip the thoughts from my mind. I wish I could. Anything to take away the voices. Screaming and taunting me I couldn't take it anymore they wouldn't be quiet.

Stupid. Pointless. Mistake. Murderer. That's exactly what you are, a murderer. How does that feel? Kill yourself. No one needs you. Just end it, all your pain and suffering, could be over. Just one little bullet to the hea-

My phone began to buzz, distracting me from my own mind, an unknown number flashing on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ashton, it's um, Locklyn, you left your, um, sketch book in class, I picked it up before anyone else could though, do you need it? I could bring it by or something."

I panicked slightly, realizing that without it I would have no release until I got it back. However, I had just gotten away from her, and wasn't really in the mood to see her outside of school. I didn't want her to get the wrong idea. She was sweet and all, but that's exactly why I couldn't get involved.

"No, it's fine I'll just get it tomorrow." I told, praying she wouldn't look through it.

"Okay."

"Okay bye."

I hung up, throwing the device on the bed, before throwing myself down as well.

Don't get involved.