Story of Us.

The Boy With The Green Eyes.

Summer stared around at the people that crowded the hall. She was leaning against the wall in her usual spot, by the water fountain. Her blue eyes scanned the sea of people looking for a familiar face. Someone brushed passed her to get to the fountain. She glared at her. There was plenty of room and no need to shove into her. The girl leaned down and pushed the button, but no water came out. A smile spread across Summer’s lips. She wasn’t normally rude and she hardly ever used her powers against others. But the girl at the fountain deserved it. Summer watched in amusement as the girl kept pressing the button. After a few seconds she glanced over at Summer. Her eyes darted from her to the fountain. It finally clicked in her head what was happening and she practically sprinted off.

“Did you just do what I think you did?” A familiar voice asked.

Summer looked to the right of her and her smile grew, “Depends on what you think I did.”

Levi chuckled and pulled the small girl into a hug, “You know that’s my job babe.”

“I know, but she pushed me.” She stated as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He placed a soft kiss on her lips and pulled away, “We need to go to that lame assembly.”

She scoffed and playfully hit his arm, “I am speaking at that lame assembly, jerk.”

Levi let out another laugh and laced his fingers with Summer’s. The couple walked hand in hand to the meeting hall. Much to Levi’s dismay they sat in the front. He leaned back and placed an arm around Summer. She smiled over at him.

The headmaster introduced the rules of the academy and looked over at Levi as he explained most of them, “Do not under any circumstance use your powers to harm any students. The only time powers should be used are during class times or in certain after school activities. To explain the after school activities here is our very own Summer Monroe.”

Summer took a deep breath and stood up. She walked towards the headmaster and sent him a warm smile. She turned to face the crowd and paused for a moment. There were so many students. Her eyes flicked through the crowd. They lingered on a boy with brown curly hair and green eyes. She could tell that he was new. He was paying too much attention. His eyes caught hers and she quickly looked away.

“Well-uh really the only time powers should be used after school is during training. To be able to qualify for training a professor must recommend you so work hard for it.” She stated.

That was one of the first times in her life she had been nervous. She made her way back to her seat but stole another glance at the green eyed boy before she sat down. A few more students went up to speak then they were released.

Summer and Levi posted up in the hallway by her water fountain.

“Hey there love!” Her best friend shouted from across the hall.

Summer smiled and waved at him, “Hey Niall!”

Niall slowly made his way through the thick crowd of students and stood next to Summer.

“Your speech was awful.” He stated.

The girl laughed, “Ugh, there was no point in having me talk.”

Another boy made his way to the trio. He nodded towards the boys and pulled Summer into a hug.

She smiled, “Well hello to you too Zayn.”

“Horrendous speech.” He replied as he took his usual spot next to Levi.

Summer rolled her eyes, “Yeah, yeah, I’m aware.”

She leaned her head on Niall’s shoulder which caused Levi to glare. She held his hand to lighten his mood. He had always been a jealous guy. The two have been dating for over a year but he still feels the need to be overprotective. Summer sighed and closed her eyes. She listened to the conversations going on around her. Zayn and Levi discussing who they would be using for target practice. Two girls were talking about how hot people were. And a freshman was discussing his powers to a friend. It was so obvious that he was new. No one bragged about their powers much after their first year. Unless they were Zayn and Levi. But that was to undermine the newbies.

Niall nudged Summer. Her eyes shot open and she stopped leaning. It was time for homeroom. She said her goodbye’s to everyone but Niall. Zayn sent her a wave. Levi kissed her lips. Niall drug her off to class. The only bad thing about homeroom was the fact that anyone could be grouped in it. Summer playfully pushed Niall out of the way and reached the room first. Her laughter filled the room causing a few people to stare. She shrugged it off and took a seat in the back. Niall walked in a few seconds later, trying to play cool. She rolled her eyes and he sat next to her.

She placed her backpack on her desk and pulled out a bottle of water. She twisted off the cap and placed the bottle in front of her. The water moved out of the bottle and levitated above her desk. Being able to control water with her mind was a great ability. She stared at the water and tried to concentrate on turning it to ice. She could see Niall staring at her out of the corner of her eye. The door to the room opened and her eyes darted up. There he was. The boy with the green eyes. Her concentration shifted and the water fell. It splashed all over the desk onto her.

“Shit!” She yelled as she pushed the chair back and stood up.

Niall was laughing next to her. She sent him a glare and he stopped. She sighed and focused her attention back on the water. Within seconds it was levitating again and sliding back into the bottle. Summer sat back down in her chair and folded her arms. The boy with the green eyes had unknowingly done something that had yet again never happened to the girl. He not only made her nervous, but he also made her lose focus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! I'm Nina and I'll be writing for Summer!