Story of Us.

He's Not Afraid of All the Attention

Paige looked at her brother with disdain as he leaned against the wall, sporting his shades that hid his energy eyes that could hurt the piss out of you. He was currently going on about Paige's crush on his best friend, Liam which Louis teased her about every time he caught her gawking at him which was almost every day. "Louis, will you leave me alone before I dig into your mind to find something you don't want me to know about? " She said shutting her brother up and walking away from him and his locker right before Liam came to talk to him.

Paige overheard the buzzing conversations about the assembly. She didn't know the point of those things anyway. Almost every student used their powers on an everyday basis even if they got caught. Paige didn't have physical powers so, it was easy to use hers. Controlling people's emotions and telepathy weren't labeled as amazing powers but, they worked for her. She didn't have anyone to flaunt them to anyway. She wasn't a social butterfly like her brother, Louis and she never would be. Paige didn't have friends and she was okay with that. Well, to an extent. She didn't like that the one person she cared about didn't notice her.

Paige made her way to homeroom, careful to not piss anyone off so she wouldn't make a scene. When she made it to her destination, she sat close to the wall in the middle of the class room and laid her head on the desk. She looked up slightly when she felt someone sit next to her. She studied him carefully. He was a bit tall with dark curly hair and hazel eyes. Paige sat up and the boy looked at her.

"I'm not disturbing you, am I? " he said in an almost whisper which made Paige smile a bit.

"Not at all. I'm Paige," she said finding it easy to talk to him. She didn't really talk much except to maybe Louis and when she did talk to Louis, she wanted to kill him. This was different.

"Harry. " the boy said, running a hand through his messy curls.

Paige smiled before looking at the laughter that entered the room. She would have averted her eyes quickly if she didn't see the boy that she had been crushing on for years. Liam was one of the most popular guys in school and was super smart. Another thing was that he barely knew that Paige existed. The only reason he knew her name is that Louis was good friends with him.

Liam sat a on the other side of the room and Paige sighed as she stared at him as he smiled at something one of his friends said.

"Are you okay?" Harry said and Paige snapped out of her staring.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that boy over there is the most popular in this school and barely knows I exist." she said and Harry nodded. She then looked at Harry with a questioning look. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what is your power?"

Harry looked at Paige, a little caught of guard. "Fire manipulation though I'm not very good at it. What about you?"

Paige sighed. "Telepathy and empathy. My powers are mental so, they kind of get overlooked," Paige said and noticed Harry had turned his gaze to Summer. "That's Summer but I wouldn't stare. Her boyfriend is a wicked bastard and gets mad jealous if any other guy looks at her."

Harry looked at Paige and nodded slightly. "Is that her boyfriend beside her?" he asked and she shook her head.

"No, that's Niall. He's not a bastard at all. Well, as far as I know. " Paige said as she laid her head on the desk as the bell rang, her gaze staring at Liam. She read his emotions like an open book. He always seemed pressured and insecure. Paige had gotten in the habit of reading his emotions but she never messed with them. There were plenty of times that she could have made him fall in love with her with just a small use of her powers but she felt it was wrong to do so. Most girls would take advantage of guys in that sense but Paige had enough dignity.

Paige watched Liam talk to his friends a bit more. Why did she have to be socially awkward? She was in love with a boy that was way out of her league.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys Im Ema and I'll be writing for Paige and Liam. Paige is rather awkward isn't she. Don't be afraid to tell us what you think
Xoxo
Ema ^ω^