Story of Us.

The Boy.

“What is your problem?” Summer questioned. She was standing in the middle of the empty hallway with Levi. He towered over the small girl. His eyes full of anger. Summer stood her ground against him. She was the only one who wasn’t scared of him.

“I just don’t appreciate you flirting with another guy.” Levi shouted.

“Flirting? Really? I looked at the kid once. This is ridiculous.” Summer retorted. She was more than annoyed by his actions for the day. It seemed as if he was turning into more of an ass than he was.

“Oh please. You gave him the smile that you used to give me.” Levi stated.

Summer rolled her eyes, “Yeah well maybe if you weren’t such an ass I wouldn’t be giving another boy that smile.” She stormed off passed him before he could respond. It was pathetic how he insinuated any small thing. She did one kind gesture and got lectured for it.

She rounded the corner and was met by three of Levi’s cronies. She groaned in annoyance as she tried to shove passed them as well. But she stopped when she noticed them shove someone against the wall. She glanced over one of the boy’s shoulder and saw who they were tormenting.

“Leave him alone.” She demanded.

The three boys turned to face her and laughed. “Shove off Summer.” The one in the middle spoke up. She raised an eyebrow at him. “I said leave him alone. Just find someone else to bother.” She said.

“Seriously, just walk away before we get Levi to deal with you.” The same boy replied, causing the other two to laugh. The boy against the wall spoke, “Just go. I’ll be okay.”

His voice made her heart race. It was so warm and sweet. His eyes met hers and he silently pleaded with her.

“You know what’s really cool about being able to manipulate water.” Summer seemed to wonder aloud. The boys glanced at each other warily. “Well you see more than half of the human body is composed of water.” She continued and the boys just stared at her stupidly. “Meaning I have the ability to explode someone from within using their body fluids.”

The boys eyes widened and they shuffled off. She smiled as they disappeared out of view.

“Thank you.” At the sound of his voice her head snapped to look at him.

She gave him a reassuring smile, “It’s no problem. They’re complete asses.”

He chuckled and held out his hand, “I’m Harry.”

She shook it, “Summer.”

“I know.” Harry stated flashing her a smile.

She couldn’t help but notice how gorgeous he was. The two had only made eye contact from a distance but being close to him, she was in awe. His smile was bright and his dimples just made it perfect.

“You know?” She questioned.

His eyes got wide for a moment and his hand reached to scratch the back of his neck, “Well- I-uh- my friend Paige pointed you out in homeroom.”

Summer nodded, “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” Harry responded.

She glanced at the floor as the words escaped her lips, “Why didn’t you just fight back?”

He shrugged, “I don’t like using my power. Not to mention I’m horrible at it.”

“I can help you with that if you’d like.” She stated rather nervously.

Harry stood there for a moment. He was hesitant about using his power, not that Summer knew that.

He finally spoke up, “That would be nice.”

She smiled, “Okay, well, um- I’m late for training. Just meet me here after school tomorrow.”

“Okay. Thank you again, Summer.” He said as he pulled her into a hug.

Summer froze for a few seconds before she welcomed the embrace. Her heart was racing. She thought it was going to beat out of her chest. “You’re welcome Harry.” She whispered. He pulled away and smiled down at her. She smiled back at him and walked away.
Harry.

The boy who had been making her nervous. The boy who she stole glances at. The boy that made her lose her focus. She finally knew his name and she couldn’t get him off of her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to mcsamwise for recommending this story! And to the two subscribers. Leave some comments and let us know what you think :)

-Nina