Story of Us.

Out of Control.

Summer stared at Niall from across the arena. The pair were always partners, it’s actually how they met. She smiled at him. Today they were paired against two new freshmen. They had no idea what they had in store for them. Niall walked over and stood behind Summer. Within seconds the sky over the arena darkened. The kids across from them looked frightened. The rain fell and hit everyone but Summer and Niall. Other students stopped sparring to watch. Summer focusing on the rain droplets. She closed her eyes and hoped for them to turn into ice. She heard a chuckle from beside her which caused her to open her eyes. Then rain had turned into ice. Everyone ran and hid under things, while her and Niall grinned in triumph. The ice stopped and the sky cleared. Niall high fived her. The arena doors opened signaling that training was over. Summer and Niall made their way to the dorms. She noticed Levi out of the corner of her eye; she darted off in the opposite direction, waving good-bye to Niall.

She plopped down on the grass under a tree. Her eyes got heavy so she laid down. The silence was peaceful. Not having anyone around just felt right. There was nothing to worry about. She closed her eyes and let relaxation consume her. The corners of her mouth tugged up into a smile as she reminisced on her previous training. It had finally worked. She was able to turn water into ice. Footsteps broke the silence. She kept her eyes closed, hoping the person would continue walking.

“Is this spot taken?” His voice made her heart flutter.

Her eyes shot open and a smile reached her lips, “Nope.” She sat up and crossed her legs in front of her.

Harry sat down next to her, “I saw what you did at the arena. That was bloody brilliant.”

Summer’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink, “Thank you.”

He looked up at the sky, “I wish I could control my power enough to do something like that.”

The girl grabbed her water bottle and took a few gulps. After using that much of her power she tends to dehydrate. Which is the reason why her water bottle is always around her. “Well I’ve been at academies for gifted students since I was a kid. It just takes a lot of practice.” She paused and glanced at him. “What is your power?”

Harry pulled the lighter out of his pocket and flipped it open. The flame flickered. Summer eyed the boy. The flame started to levitate from the lighter and ball up. It rose a few inches before dying out. “It either disappears or,” Harry paused and inhaled sharply, “Or, gets out of control.”

She could tell that he wasn’t comfortable talking about the out of control part. She understood. Being able to control elements was a difficult gift. Very few are able to master it and not many can control it. “Well lucky for you, I control water. It shouldn’t get too out of hand with me around.” She sent a small smile his way. He gratefully returned it.

“Thank you Summer.” Harry said.

The girl nodded, “You’re welcome.”

Silence was shared among them. But it wasn’t an awkward silence. Just a quiet that let them enjoy each other’s company.

Summer laughed, causing Harry to look at her oddly. “I just find it ironic that my name is Summer but my gift is the ability to control water and ice.”

Harry chuckled, “That is a bit ironic.”

She stared at him. It was nice to just have a conversation with someone. Levi only wanted to talk about himself. Niall was a good person to talk to but half the time he reinterpreted things to Levi. But with Harry, Summer was able to be herself. Harry’s eyes widened. Summer opened her mouth to question him but was cut off by an angry voice behind her

“What is this?” An angry voice asked from behind Summer.

She stood up and turned around. Of course Levi showed up to ruin it. “Just two friends talking.” She stated.

He raised a brow, “Oh yeah?”

Summer rolled her eyes, “Yes Levi.”

Levi switched his gaze to Harry, “Leave.”

Summer watched as Harry silently stood up and sulked away. “Are you fucking serious?” She shouted.

“Did you just-” He started. But Summer interjected, “Yes Levi, I did. Because this is bloody ridiculous. I was talking to him about his power. I’m trying to help him. But you’re too fucking jealous to let that even happen. Honestly, if you don’t get over this, then we’re going to be done. I’m fed up.”

He stared at her in disbelief. She was always kind towards him. Not once had she gone off on him but things were changing. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it. There was nothing he could say. Sorry wasn’t going to work this time. He had to prove to her that he meant it. She eyed him but he just walked away, leaving Summer to be alone under the tree. She sighed and sat back down. Things really were changing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Adleigh_Lynn212 for commenting!

Feedback is truly appreciated :)

So does everyone just hate Levi or what? Haha

-Nina