Perfect

Perfect

“Vic, do you really love me?”

The darker man looked up from the TV screen to his boyfriend who was standing in front of him, preventing him from watching anything of the mediocre show. Kellin’s pink bottom lip was stuck out adorably and the blue-green eyes bore into his warm caramel colored ones.

Vic tilted his head to the side slightly; confused as to why he would ask that question all of a sudden. “Of course I do.”

“No, you don’t,” Kellin said, frown deepening.

“Yes, I do.”

“You have to prove it,” the paler man turned his back to Vic, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
Vic rolled his eyes, getting up from the couch and then grabbing Kellin by the shoulders, turning him around and planting a soft kiss on the boy’s lips. He expected a blush to form on Kellin’s cheeks and at cute little giggle to escape his mouth when he pulled away. Just like always. But it didn’t happen. Instead, Kellin still had that same frown on his face.

“Not good enough,” Kellin said stepping away from Vic’s hold.

Vic rolled his eyes because god, Kellin could be such a moody drama queen sometimes. “Come on, Kells. What do you want me to do?”

“I don’t know but until you prove it to me, I’m kicking you out of our room,” Kellin said, walking away from his boyfriend.

Vic’s mouth hung open and he followed Kellin, noticing that his boyfriend was walking in the direction of their bedroom, “Are we really doing this? Kell, just tell me what’s wrong. “

Kellin opened their bedroom door and stepped inside. He faced Vic and leaned against the doorframe, “You don’t love me; that’s what’s wrong.” Kellin shut the door in Vic’s face and Vic heard the click of the lock. An irritated noise made its way past Vic’s lips. Why was Kellin being like this; just randomly thinking preposterous things like that? Of course he loved Kellin. They’ve been together for two years; they have an apartment together, for fuck’s sake. Why the hell is Kellin acting like this?

Vic sighed. Oh well. He knew Kellin wouldn’t let up unless he proved to him that he was wrong so Vic walked out of the cozy apartment, shutting the door behind him and making his way to the elevator even though he was only on the second floor because he was just that lazy. Maybe a bouquet will convince him; roses, red roses, the most romantic of romantic flowers. He knew a nice little flower shop by the park a few blocks away so that’s where he was headed

_____________________________________________________

Ten, eleven, twelve. Twelve red roses, all wrapped in fancy wrapping and a red ribbon, no thorns. His eyes widened a bit at the expense he paid for it but it was worth it. He jogged up the stairs two steps at a time, eager to get to Kellin to just get this all over with already.

He went in and looked to see if Kellin has left their bedroom. He hasn’t. So he walked to the front of their bedroom door and knocked thrice then quickly putting the bouquet behind his back. It was a while before Kellin opened it but when he did, he looked at Vic expectantly.

Vic offered a small smile that Kellin didn’t return, not even when Vic revealed what was behind him.

“I got you flowers.” Kellin just pouted and then shut the door again.

This was going to be a long day.

______________________________________________________

Plan B. Vic drove to his parent’s house which was maybe ten minutes from his and Kellin’s apartment. His parents weren’t home though but Mike was, surprisingly.

“Who’s there?” Mike shouted, presumably from the living room where he was presumably watching TV with a beer in his hand.

“Just me, Mikey,” Vic said back, walking up the stairs to go to his old room where he knew his old guitar sat on its stand.

He took a second to just admire his ridiculous bedroom door; covered in stickers of all sorts that said ‘Restricted Area’ and ‘Beware of Dog’ though they never owned a dog and not to mention all the Ninja Turtles stickers around the doorknob, most of them Donutello because Donutello was his favorite. He opened the door and the first thing he saw was his guitar, strings slightly rusted and probably not in tune. But it’ll have to do.

He picked it up, sitting on the bed and tuning it when he heard someone come in. Mike.

“Why are you here and what are you doing with that?”

Vic’s eyes fixated back down to the guitar when he answered, “Kellin’s being dumb.”

Mike rolled his eyes, a habit common between the brothers. “What did you do?”

“It wasn’t me, I was just watching TV and then he just randomly went like ‘why don’t you love me Vic’ and shit,” Vic said, mocking Kellin with a girly voice, “And now he’s telling me to prove to him that I love him or else he’s kicking me out of our room.”

“So you’re going to serenade him?” Mike asked, making a sound that wasn’t quite a chuckle.

Vic nodded and he finally finished tuning the thing. He stood up and walked past Mike, calling a goodbye from over his shoulder as he went down the stairs and out the front door.

________________________________________________

After parking his car in the mostly empty parking lot, he gathered rocks, throwing them on the window of where he knew their place was. Ten rocks later, Kellin appeared, opening the window and looking down at him, his soft raven hair a bit disheveled.

Vic was nervous. He’d never done this before; sing in public or sing to anyone, for that matter. But his determination overcame how nervous he was. He began to play and his voice surprisingly didn’t start of shaky.

“The strands in your eyes
That color them wonderful
Stop me
And steal my breath”


And then Kellin shut the window.

And Vic almost wanted to smash his guitar.

________________________________________________

Plan C, D, E, F. They all failed. It was getting dark; sunset would be in about half an hour. He decided to just knock on the bedroom door and ask Kellin what was wrong. Why didn’t he believe he loved him all of a sudden? He told him every day without fail.

He walked into their place after his many failed attempts and he went straight to the bedroom. To his surprise, it wasn’t locked. It was slightly opened so he pushed it and he saw Kellin on the bed, crying his heart out into a pillow.

And Vic swore he could actually hear his own heart breaking at the sight.

He immediately went over to his boyfriend, gathering the slighter into his arms and letting him cry into his shirt. “Kell, please tell me what’s wrong. I love you, darling, please believe me.”

“No y-you don’t. You don’t, you don’t, you don’t,” Kellin said, his words muffled by Vic’s shirt.

“I love you very much and I always tell you that. What’s making you think like this? Tell me, please, we can fix this,” Vic said calmly, rubbing circles on Kellin’s back because he knew that always soothed him. The sobs coming out of Kellin’s mouth made all the pieces of his heart drop and all he wanted to do was make it better.

“You love Jaime, n-not me. I-I read your old journal,” Kellin pulled away to look at Vic’s face, “the things y-you wrote down there about Jaime. . .you don’t t-talk about me like that. Compared to what you felt for Jaime, I’m n-nothing.” Kellin shook his head and turned away from Vic, crying harder than before.

Vic wrapped his arms around Kellin’s waist and pulled the younger boy to his chest, “That’s not true. What I feel for you is different from what I felt for him. I didn’t love him. I thought I did but I didn’t.”

“No, Vic, what you’d write about him in the journal. . .you were in love with him, I w-wouldn’t be surprised i-if you were still in love with him now,” Kellin choked out and Vic only pulled him closer.

“I’d write things like how I loved when he held my hand and how I loved how he hugged me and I loved how he told me I was his only one. I-“

“Yes, and you’d write how he was there w-when you needed him and he was there to pick you up when you were sad,” Kellin said, his voice quiet.

“I was lonely that time, Kellin, I would have said all that to anyone who wanted me then. I didn't love him, I loved how much he cared for me,” Vic turned Kellin to him and wiped away the tears on Kellin’s cheeks with his thumbs, “It’s different with you. I love you. Of course I love that you care about me too but I really do love you. I love your smile and how shy you are and your gorgeous eyes and how sweet you are and your laugh and how you say my name and how you smell and just all of you. I’ll say it over and over again if I have to, angel.”

Kellin sniffed and looked up at Vic. Vic smiled, interlacing their fingers and he’d never tire of how well they fit together, knuckles brushing against each other in a perfect fit. He brought Kellin’s hand up to his lips, kissing the back of it.

“I love you more than I have anyone in my life and never think for a second that that’s going to change,” Vic said and Kellin smiled. His lips curved up beautifully, his eyes lighting up despite the tears and his cheeks were red but not from crying. He was beautiful. Perfect.

Vic pulled Kellin into him, arms wrapping around the younger’s waist and he heard Kellin whisper ‘I love you too.’

Everything was absolutely perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
yea idk