Crime, Fugitives and Love

Leaving Home

I watched out of the window as I left my home town behind me. I thought about all the memories that came with it. The good and the bad ones. It was sad to think I'd spent 19 years of my life in this small run down place. In all those years I'd never once done anything that was just for myself. Sure, college was sort of my decision but I had no choice in the matter, after all it is the law. After finishing college I had jumped straight into a job. As the youngest staff member it was odd that I was above most of the work force. I was the manager of a nightclub. There were branches all over the world. It was a global phenomenon. There was only one person higher than me and that was the ownerof the nightclub. All decisions were left to me, everything from themed nights to re-decorating the place to everything running smoothly. My boss, Jordan, was nice enough. He gave me the oppurtunity to be placed at another one of his clubs. I would earn more money and have a bigger role to play. How this was going to happen was beyond me?

So now here I am, on the way to the airport. I'll be leaving my home country within the next 3 hours. I'm moving to Hawaii, Kona to be exact. Jordan's bought me a house with all expenses paid for. He wants me to be in charge of the opening of the nightclub out there. It means being away from home but it doesn't really bother me to much. If and when I come home is another matter.

Finally we arrive at the airport, Jordan's letting me use his private jet, and drive straight round to the runway. I'm able to fly most of my belongings with me due to this. I unload my bags from the boot of the car. I say my goodbyes to my mum, dad and younger brother. I climb aboard the jet and settle myself down in one of the plush chairs. I watch out of the window next to me as I feel the jet start to ascend. I see my family waving at me from the ground. I watch until they are out of view.

I snap the blind shut and rest my head on the seat for a moment. I then unzip my bag and pull out a stack of books before placing my headphones in my ears. It's an 18 hour flight so I had time to read plenty of stuff, including my favourite book 'To Kill a Mockingbird.' I let the words of my books transport me to different worlds as I make the journey across the world to my new home. Never in a million years did I think I would get to be doing what I do. I like my job. I mean how many 19 year old's wouldn't love to work in a nightclub?

After 11 hours of reading I remove the headphones and set my book down. I let out a big sigh and sink down in my chair. I stand up, steadying myself, and make my way over to the sofa. I slump down and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the cushions. I knew that next time I open my eyes I will be in a different country. I was surprised I could sleep as I was so excited. I slept soundly without any interruptions. I awoke when I felt the plane start to descend back down towards solid ground. I sit up, stretching as I do. I waited for the jet door to open before stepping out into the sunlight.

It took me a few seconds to adjust to the light. I left the jet and made my way to the car sat before me. My luggage was already being transferred into the car as I slid into the back seat. The driver introduced himself before we set off. He must've only been 23 or 24. He was quite cute, but not really my type. After another car journey we pulled up at a house. My new home. As I stepped out of the car I was in awe at what I saw. I couldn't believe it was all mine. Jordan had outdone himself this time. My driver handed me the keys to the house as I made my way to the front door. I unlocked it and slowly opened it up. I couldn't believe how beautiful the house was. It was decorated with all the latest furnishings and technology. From what I saw, it was quite big. I turned around as the sound of footsteps came from behind me, but it was only my driver bringing my bags.

After unloading all of my luggage he dismissed himself and told me he'd pick me up at 9am on Monday. I nodded gratefully. I waited until he had left before I searched the rest of the house. I then started unpacking. It took me a while. I then realized I hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours. I searched the kitchen where I found it had already been stocked. I quickly grabbed a pot noodle from the cupboard and waited for the kettle to boil. After eating I grabbed a shower before settling down in my new bed. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ariadne's New House : -
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1RVmbnX56l8/ThAGMa20zDI/AAAAAAAAC08/Uxou0jnsK4c/s1600/hawaii-luxury-real-estate-3.gif