Eternal Flame

Imprint

I awoke to the sound of bells. I opened my eyes to darkness, not realizing what it was I started to panic. Then I realized that whatever I was lying on was soft and fluffy. I sat up and blinked several times before realizing I had had my face in my pillow. I looked over at my phone which was still going off. I hated the ring tone Alice had picked out for me. I reluctantly got up out of bed and walked over to my dresser. I picked up the phone and answered it.

"God, it's early so this better be good," I groaned.

"Nessie."

Within a seconds time I was wide awake, my favorite person was on the phone.

"Jacob!" I gasped with excitement.

"Yeah, who else did you think it was" he chuckled, "oh and it's not exactly early Nessie."

I looked at my clock to see it was noon, I had slept all the way through the morning.

"I can't believe it, sorry Jake, I know I was meant to be down at La Push like two hours ago," I apologized.

"Oh, well I'm sure I can forgive you," he replied.

"Give me half an hour and I'll be down, I'll meet you at the beach," I said quickly.

"Ok, still up for cliff diving?" He asked enthusiastically.

"You bet," I replied, "Jake I got to go my mum's at the door."

"Ok, see you later kiddo."

And with that he hung up. Ever since I had been little I had liked Jacob. He was like a big brother, but now I have more intense feelings about him and I just don't know how to say it. A light knock on my door pulled me back to reality.

"Come in," I said quietly knowing it was mum and that she would hear me anyway, "hi mum."

"Who was that?" She asked, although of course she already knew the answer.

"It was Jake," I replied.

"Sweetie why don't you just tell him how you feel?" She asked.

I blushed a little, how did she know?

"Sweetie I know he feels the same way about you....." She carried on.

I interrupted her, "really?"

"Yes really."

Then dad walked to the door. He seemed in pain when he looked up into my eyes. I saw he was kind of uncomfortable while he smiled at me.

" Nessie, go see him," he said awkwardly.

"Really, are you ok dad?" I asked, sensing how he felt.

"Yes," he replied

I knew something was wrong but I didn't dare press the issue any more. I got up and dressed before my dad could read my mind and see what I had on, if it were possible he would probably have a heart attack. After getting dressed I wandered back into my room where I saw my parents had gone back downstairs so I jumped out of my window. I ran and didn't stop running until I met Jake at the beach.

"Hey Jake I was wondering..." I started

He cut me off, "yeah?"

"Um, actually, never mind," I chickened out.

"Well, ok then," he replied sounding confused.

We started walking down the beach. He held my hand as we walked off into the woods and onto the cliff. Once we were at the cliff I took off my denim shorts, and tank top only to reveal a small pale blue bikini. I couldn't help but notice Jake's face before I ran and jumped off the cliff.

As I fell I shouted, "Jake, I love you. I need you."

I swam as fast as I could to the shore after seeing him jump behind me.

"Jake, I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I don't know what I was....."

He cupped my face in his hands before pressing his lips to mine. I stood there frozen, what just happened? He took a step back and looked at me. I didn't know what to say. I opened my mouth to speak but no sound came.

"Nessie.." Jake said finally, his voice sounded soft and sweet almost....happy, "I was going to wait and tell you this when you were ready, but....."

I didn't know were he was going with this, I wasn't expecting this. I just stared at him, he looked almost nervous. Was he afraid I would be upset about whatever he had been keeping from me?

Then finally, after what seemed like hours, he spoke, "Nessie, I... I imprinted on you."

I smiled, I had dreamed about him imprinting on me. I had dreamed about being with him for as long as I could remember. His face cleared as he wrapped his strong arms around me.

"Jake explain to me again, about imprinting." I said.

"Nessie I have told you a million times, but, I guess a million and one wouldn't hurt," he replied smiling, "the minute I saw you it was like nothing else mattered. You were everything. Like my whole world revolved around you."

My heart was flying. "Jake, there's still one part I don't get. I mean it's like we're forced to love each other, like we have to."

"No, it's not like that. I'm not explaining it right. It's like we are perfect for each other and the imprint tells me that, but we could still choose to love someone else. But why would you if your perfect match, your other half was pointed out to you in an extreme way?" When I didn't answer he said, "Nessie? How do you feel about all this?"

I smiled at him and pressed my lips against his. They were soft and warm as they moved with mine. When we pulled apart, Jake said, "by the way, I like your bikini."

We both laughed, I would have to thank Alice, for buying me it, later.

We held hands as we walked to his car, but somehow it held more significance now. I let him drive me to Emily and Sam's house and when we go there it looked like the whole Pack was there.

We walked in and Jake, not able to contain his excitement, said,"guys, we've got something to tell you....."

But instead of telling them, he showed them by kissing me again. There was hooting and cheering, making me blush. So much for being subtle.

Quil came over and gave me a hug and said, "It's about time you two started dating."

I laughed and hugged him was nice spending time with the Pack again. They were a big family and I was part of it. Now more than ever.

It was late when we started back to the house. Jake parked in the driveway and we well talked a little, but mostly we kissed

Jake walked me to the door and kissed me on the doorstep, making me feel like we were in a scene out of a movie. The sweet moment was eventually ruined when my dad opened the door, with a strange look on his face. He looked a little mad, but he was trying to hide it. He also looked sad and uncertain.

Not a great combination. But it got a whole lot worse a second later .And that's when I realized I had left my tank top in Jake's car. He wasn't trying to hide his anger anymore, that was for sure.