Eternal Flame

Frustration

It was early when I woke up, I definitely felt a lot better than yesterday. I could hear the rain pouring over the rooftop and pounding against the window panes. It looked very cold outside although I couldn't be sure since I'm on bed rest for the next two days. You know, it might sound nice, getting everything done for you, not having to lift a finger but it's really annoying. I guess I have to put up with it though. I was sitting in bed when Jake walked into my room, he sat down infront of me.

"Hey, how are you feeling today?" He asked curiously.

"I'm feeling a lot better, I guess grandpa was right," I replied.

"I guess so," he smiled.

"So since I'm feeling a lot better does this mean I can get up?" I asked, starting to slowly lift myself up.

"No, no, no, absolutely not. You are staying right here in bed." He replied, gently pushing me back down.

"Well what if I want to play my piano?" I asked.

"Then I will carry you down to your piano," he replied, a smile creeping across his face again.

"Or see my family?" I asked.

"They will come and see you," he said.

"Well you can't exactly carry me to the bathroom or to the shower," I said, cockiness in my voice.

"Oh yes I can," he said.

I crossed my arms and sighed, "I hate this."

"I know, but look on the bright side, it will end in just a couple of days," he replied, trying to cheer me up.

"Yeah, I suppose," I said.

Jake kissed my lips and then my forehead before getting off the bed and heading to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Downstairs," he replied.

"Please don't leave me," I said softly.

"I'll send someone up to keep you company," he said.

He closed the door behind him. I heard his heavy footsteps as he went downstairs, then I could him talking but it was all muffled so I couldn't hear what he was saying or who to. A few minutes later mum and Alice entered my room. I was so happy to see them, it would give me a chance to have a girlie chat.

"Mum, Alice," I said excitedly.

"Hey Nessie," they chorused.

"I'm so glad to hear that your feeling a lot better," mum said.

"Yeah me to, although it would help me a lot if I could move around once in a while," I replied, hopeful.

"Yeah, well you'll have plenty of time to do that later," Alice replied.

"I suppose," I said sighing. "Alice, you haven't seen anyone coming here right?"

"No, it's ok, all clear," she replied happily.

Relief swept over me before I asked, "so what's everyone been doing?"

"Nothing really, Jasper has been trying to ease the mood a bit as everyone is tensed up. Emmet wants to fight, no surprise there. Jacob and your dad are concentrating on keeping you safe and well." Alice explained.

"Yeah, well their doing a pretty good job. I can't even go to the bathroom without being carried," I said.

"There just trying to do good by you," my mum said.

"Yeah I know their doing it for all the right reasons............It can just be a pain in the butt," I said raising my eyebrows.

"Nessie?" Alice asked.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Could you.........could you show me Dyaln? It's just that if I know who I'm looking for." Alice asked cautiously.

I nodded my head, "sure."

I raised my hand to touch her smooth, silky cheek and showed her the terrifying image of Dylan. His ruby red eyes, his pale skin and dark hair with that gold cape around his shoulders. Just thinking about it made me shiver. I slowly pulled my hand away.

"Ok, thanks thats really helpful," she said thankfully.

"Sure," I smiled.

"So do you need anything else doing?" Mum asked.

"Not sure," I replied looking around my room.

"I could do you hair, and show you loads of different styles," said Alice excitedly.

"Yeah, go on then," I replied.

"Yay," Alice's face lit up.

I slipped one of my earphones in and listened to my music whilst mum and Alice played with my hair. They touched it very gently yet completed the styles quickly. They showed me each style, but there was this one where they left the back of my hair down and pinned the front back with the silver and blue hair comb mum had worn for her wedding. I loved it.

"Wow, it's beautiful," I said smiling.

"I thought you might like this one," Alice said agreeing with mum.

"Thank you for, well for just being here to kepp me company. I don't know what I would do with out my girls," I said as I grabbed them in a hug.

"Well that's what we're here for, our little girlie chats right?" Mum asked.

"That's right," I replied grinning, as I released them.

Jake opened the door and came in, "well it's bed time for me girls."

"Bed, it's that late already?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said pointing out the window.

It was really dark outside and Jake had being running around all day, no wonder he was tired.

"Oh," I said, disappointment in my voice.

"Hey I guess the time flies when your having fun," Alice giggled.

"Yeah it really does," I said giggling with her.

"Did I miss something?" Jake asked confused.

All three of us shook our heads.

"Boys eh," mum said.

When will they learn?" Alice tutted.

"What?" Jake asked wanting to know.

"Never mind," I said smiling.

Mum kissed my cheek before Alice did the same.

"Night hun," mum said.

"Try to get some rest," Alice said.

"I will, goodnight," I said smiling.

When they left the room Jake came over and slumped down in the bed next to me.

"So how was your day beautiful?" He asked sweetly.

"Actually not that bad, I mean I thought it was going to be a nightmare sitting here all day, but when I have you and my family near me it's fine," I replied.

"I told you so," he said grinning.

I smiled at him.

"Come here," he said tilting my head up so our lips could meet

He dragged his hands through my hair, I put my hands on his warm, smooth face and then put my arms around his neck. We both pulled away at the same time and dropped back onto the pillows, both of us panting for breath. Well what can I say? He simply takes my breath away.

"Night," he said putting his arms around me.

"Night," I replied before snuggling into his chest.

I soon fell asleep and as long as I was in Jake's arms nothing else mattered. It was me and him forever.