Nobody Compares

Awkward Introductions

Maddie nearly jumped out of the cab when it pulled up to their hotel. The plane ride was long and boring, especially since Maddie didn’t like just sitting around as much as she was, so the fifteen minute cab ride from the airport to the hotel was practically hell for her. “What room are we in?” she asked Nick as she stretched.

Nick was probably the most responsible out of all of them; he was the one who rarely drank, kept up with what times their shows started – the few shows they’ve done – and had all the information. “Room 368, fourth floor,” he recited.

The four of them dragged their suitcases inside, where a bellhop quickly took their bags from them and carted their stuff to the room while they all signed in. “Are you alright?” Maddie asked Reece, looping her arm through her friend’s. She’d noticed she’d been quiet the plane and car ride and that was definitely weird, given her excitement for this tour. She knew a lot of it had to do with Emerson and she was hoping that’d soon fade away.

Reece gave the black haired girl a small smile. “I’m fine,” she insisted. “Just jetlegged but it’ll pass.”

Maddie nodded and they followed Nick and Wes to the elevator that took them to the fourth floor. Wes slid his room key through the slot and they walked in, the size of the room taking them by surprise. The common area was huge, a large sofa and loveseat seated in front of a flat-screen TV. Two doors were open, leading to what looked like the bedrooms. The kitchen area was big also, with a island and decent-sized fridge with a lot of counter space. Maddie was rather delighted at the sight of the coffee pot.

Reece was the first to break the silence. “Holy shit,” she breathed out. “This is what we stay in for only a few days?”

“I think I like Australia,” Wes decided, sprawling out on the couch. He exhaled deeply, his eyes closing. “Wake me up in three years.”

Maddie laughed and went to speak but a knock at the door cut her off. Nick opened the door, revealing three boys. “Hello,” the wavy-haired one greeted, smiling a dimply grin. “I hope we’re not interrupting anything but we wanted to make sure you guys got in alright and introduce ourselves. I’m Ashton and this is Luke and Calum,” he explained, pointing to each of the boys.

“I’m Nick,” he introduced, shaking Ashton’s hand. “Come in,” he suggested, moving aside. They walked in and Maddie couldn’t help but take notice how attractive they all were. Calum had fluffy dark hair and tanned skin and Luke had blonde hair in a little quiff, his lip ring only slightly contrasting with how innocent his face was.

“There’s also Michael but we lost him when he had to use the bathroom,” Calum explained.

“Understandable,” Nick responded with a chuckle. “The lazy prick on the couch is Wes, that one with the nose ring is Maddie and the one with the colorful hair is Reece.”

“Nice to meet all of you,” Ashton said, nodding politely. Maddie noted how awkward the whole exchange was and she hoped it wouldn’t stay this way. She also noticed Ashton’s lingering eyes on her best friend, causing her to laugh.

“Are you all too tired to go get something to eat?” Luke asked, smacking Calum’s hand away as he kept poking his cheek. “We figured it’d be easier to get to know each other before everything gets hectic an- why do you keep doing that?”

Calum look at his band mate with wide, innocent eyes. “You’re so beautiful, I’m making sure you’re real,” he explained.

Luke rolled his eyes but laughed anyway. “So, what do you say?” he asked.

“I think I’m gonna have to pass on this one,” Wes said, barely lifting his head from the couch. “I’m tired and this couch has ’stay’ written all over it.”

“I’ll go,” Reece offered and Nick agreed, excusing himself to the bathroom first.

“I’ll go, just let me change into something a little bit more presentable,” Maddie answered, gesturing to Wes’ hoodie that reached her knees and her leggings. She found her bag in one of the rooms, placed on one of the twin beds. She changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a white Vans shirt that had the sleeves cut off. She slipped on her black Doc Martens and tied a red flannel around her waist, in case it got chilly. She shoved her phone and room card in her pocket, walking out of the bedroom. “I’m ready, sorry I took so lo-“ She froze in her spot, noticing nobody was in the room except a snoring Wes and a tall boy she didn’t recognize.

“I’m Michael,” he introduced, his accent thick. “You’re Maddie?”

She nodded slowly, taking in his appearance. He had on tight, black skinny jeans and a Led Zeppelin shirt that had holes around the collar. His hair was bleach blonde on the side and a thick black stripe on the top of his head – Maddie wasn’t sure which part was dyed. He was pale, with green eyes, plump lips and an earring in each ear. Overall, he was cute. Very cute.

“I barely took five minutes,” she commented, noticing the time.

“They’re impatient,” he waved off. “Ashton thought I should stay and wait up since I was late – not that I mind, of course,” he added the last part, a grin forming on his lips. His eyes scanned her body before meeting her eyes again. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah, lead the way,” she replied, only slightly uncomfortable under his gaze.

He turned and walked over to the door, holding the door open and he smirked toward her. “Ladies first,” he said, gesturing for her to go.

She raised an eyebrow. “Thanks,” she said slowly, walking past him. She felt his eyes burning into her back and she smirked, feeling like this was definitely going to be an interesting tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellllo, I'm Kayla and I'll be writing for Maddie. :) We'd love to know what you think so far!

xo, Kayla.