Nobody Compares

High Maintenance

Reece walked with her band and 5 Seconds of Summer to a small cafe about a block from the hotel. She was between Ashton and Luke who was talking to Nick about the tour. Typical Nick. Reece decided to make conversation and turned to Ashton. "I saw your tweet about our band. It kind of made my day with being on that long plane ride," she said and he beamed before playfully draping an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm glad my mad Twitter skills made your day. Your music is great by the way. Do you write it?" he asked as they sat at the table. Maddie was talking a bit to Calum and Michael while Luke was still talking to Nick.

Reece smiled and nodded slightly, causing Ashton's smile to grow. "Well, your songs are amazing. So is your voice," he added, which made Reece blush a shade of red.

"Thanks, I like your music too. Out of My Limit is one of my favorites. Mostly because the Australian accent gets to me," she joked making Ashton chuckle to himself.

"The mystery of why we have so many fans has been revealed! It's not the music at all, it's the accent," he said, the others of his band laugh at the statement.

Reece smiled and propped her elbow on the table, moving a strand of colorful hair from her face. "Definitely the accent," she said and he gave her a cheeky grin.

"Oh, so you're one for accents?" Ashton asked, raising an eyebrow making Reece laugh a bit.

"Oh yeah, definitely. I'll be tired of Australian accents soon enough with all of you guys," she said and then turned to Maddie. "Did it ever cross our minds that we would be on tour for almost two years with six guys?"

Maddie laughed and nodded. "Yep and too late to back out now. Though spending two years with these guys isn't what I'm worried about. It's you and Wes."

Ashton and the other boys laughed while Reece shot Maddie a look. "What is wrong with Wes and I? Well, I know what's wrong with Wes but what about me?"

"The correct question to ask is what isn't wrong with you two?" Nick said making the other guys look with curiosity.

"Is there something that we should know?" Ashton said with a smirk towards Reece. He was getting close to her really fast and he didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing yet.

Nick chuckled and shrugged. "Let's just say take bad morning people and drama queens, put them together and you get Reece and Wes."

The guys laughed while Reece crossed her arms and fake pouted. "You're calling me high maintenance," she said and Maddie grinned and nodded.

"Yeah, you and Wes are definitely high maintenance."

Reece pouted a bit more and Ashton smiled wrapping her in his arms in a playful manner. "I'm sure you're not that high maintenance. If so, you can't be more high maintenance than Calum," he pointed out.

"Or Ashton," Luke chimed in and Ashton narrowed his eyes playfully.

Reece wiggled out of Ashton's grasp while she laughed. She would definitely enjoy touring with them.

"A tour full of high maintenance people. What gave anyone that bright idea?" Maddie joked and Luke pointed to Ashton who glared vigorously.

Reece smiled at Luke's accusation and poked Ashton's cheek. "So, you found us on YouTube?"

He stuck out his tongue when she poked his cheek but replaced it with his signature grin. "Well, Michael and I did," he said and poked her back in the side which made her squeal, alerting the whole cafe who stared at them.

"Don't poke me!" she said breathlessly which made him do it again. Reece squealed twice as loud before getting up and hiding behind Like who was across the table.

"He's mean," she whispered in his ear but loud enough where the whole table could hear.

Ashton kept his cheeky smile and leaned back in his chair. "Not mean, love. Just hilarious and good looking."

She returned to her seat and scoffed. "You? Good looking? Please!" she joked and Ashton fake pouted. Reece smiled at him and poked his cheek lightly which earned the signature smile back on his face.

"Do you have a fascination with poking my pretty face?"

Reece smiled and poked it again. "Yes to poking your face but I thought we went over that you're not good looking."

He shook his head. "It'll save you the trouble of hiding it if you admit it now," he said and Reece poked out her tongue.

"I wouldn't think it even if you were Adam and I was Eve," she said inbetween laughs. She was beginning to get close to Ashton and it usually took her awhile to get close to anyone. She didn't talk to many guys because of Emerson and for once, she was glad that she was thousands of miles away from him because she enjoyed Ashton's company more than his.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel bad that this took forever but I won't neglect you again. I promise!

ll me what you think of Ash and Reece.

xoxo
Ema❤