Status: Active

Choices

A- The Interview

I sat down on the red couch with Mike's arm around me for an interview. AP magazine was interviewing band members that had long term relationships and how they made them work.

"Is it alright if we start recording?" Lila the interviewer asked and in response Mike gave her a nod. The camera's started rolling. "This is Lila with AP for the Valentines Day exclusive part three with Mike Fuentes and his fianceĀ“ Sydney Whidt." She smiled took a breath and turned to us, "How are you two today?"

"Good." Mike smiled.

"Great, thank you." I smiled as well.

"Fantastic, so how long have you two been together?" She glanced at her card with the questions.

I waited for Mike to answer, this was for his fans, "Six years already, we started dating when we were twenty."

"That's quite a long time." Lila pressed knowing that she would get a response.

"Well when you love someone, it doesn't actually seem that long. Time flies." Mike kissed the side of my head. He hadn't said he loved me in forever, it shocked me, even though he had only said it for the interview, it still felt good.

Our interviewer smiled at Mikes affectionate actions, "You two have been engaged for a minute?" She laughed, "I mean a while now. Didn't you have a date for the wedding? What's keeping it from happening?"

Mike looked at me with helpless eyes and I knew it was best if I took this question. This was a really sensitive issue, "Yes Lila, we have been engaged for wow three years now." I smiled at Mike, "It was after a family crisis that we had to cancel the date. And honestly, if you know you are going to spend the rest of your life with someone, what's the rush? We will worry about it when its time to start a family." I could feel Mike tense his muscles as I said the word family.

"So what keeps this couple together? You do so much for your band and are constantly on the go."

"I bring Syd with everywhere, she helps out sometimes with our merch when we are on tour, she's the calming force when we are recording. It's not just me who needs her around, she's a comfort for all of us."

I could see Lila smile widely and part of me was disgusted for her believing his lies. "I have heard though, there is tension between you and Mike's brother Vic, can you elaborate?"

"Well they don't really fight, but they definitely are not friends."

Lila looked from Mike to me, "How do you deal with being around him all the time?" She leaned forward almost as if getting closer would get me to answer sooner.

I sighed annoyed by her, "The same way I have for the past six years, we just don't see eye to eye. I don't dislike him. He really never understood boundaries. He was always there, we live with him, tour with him, he's always there."

"But Bae, you know I would make more time for you if you ask." Mike interrupted and I could tell this was genuine.

I touched the side of his face, taking advantage of Mike in this state, "I know and you do make time for me." I cuddled into him, something I hadn't done in a long time, and for the first time in a while, I felt safe, I think he felt it too.

Mike lifted my chin towards him, "I DO still love you." He looked me in the eye and I could see the desperation of him wanting me to understand.

"You two are adorable! " She squealed. "What about the fans, do they know you Sydney?"

I smiled, "Yeah sometimes they ask for photos, and sometimes I get little gifts, its really flattering."

"Sooooo, what are you planning for the big V-day?"

MIke shifted so we weren't so close together, "Well Lila I don't want to ruin the surprise but I am definitely not into cliches of showering her with flowers and chocolates, I like something more personal and more intimate."

I knew that meant he again wasn't going to be doing anything. "Well that wraps this up, thank you so much for your time." She stood up and shook both of our hands, "I hope we can hear wedding bells soon!" The camera's then turned off and Mike and I shook hands with her one more time. Holding hands we walked out of the hotel conference room. As soon as we were out of sight he dropped my hand.

"Syd, I'm going out, see you when I get back." He turned and left leaving me by the elevator.

I punched in the number seven and pulled out the key hidden in my purse. Striding out of the elevator and to the door of the room I slid in the key and waited for the green light.

"Vic?"

"Syd?" He walked out of the bathroom with only a towel hanging loosely on his hips, "Hey babe." he pulled me into an inviting hug that I gladly accepted.

"I love you." I said after he kissed me gently.

"I love you too."