Status: Active

Choices

B- The Accident

Mike and I were a happy couple, I was seven months pregnant and we had been engaged for six months.

He did not propose because I was pregnant, we found out when I was three months pregnant and when we had been engaged for two.

Mike and I were on our way back from a New Years eve party. I didn't drink at all for obvious reasons, and he had a few, but enough to where he was able to legally drive.

On our way back, it was a rainy new years, we were arguing over the radio, jokingly I may add. Nonetheless, Mike lost control of the car sending us into a ditch.

After hours in the operating room, the doctors had to choose between the baby and me, and that night, New Years Eve, technically it was New Years day, but that night, we lost our little girl.

We cried, and Mike thought it his fault, and I thought the death was mine.

Throughout my recovery in the hospital, a total of seven days, Mike came and saw me once.

I went to our home that we shared with his annoying brother Vic and instantly went to our room, layed on the bed staring at the ceiling.

That night Mike didn't come home, and the next morning I sat on the couch numb, wishing the man that I loved would come to me.

A week went by with the same stuff, Mike and I would see eachother, but we treated eachother like strangers.

A week after my return home, I sat on the porch looking out at the starry night when Vic came out.

"Hey." He said sitting down next to me.

I sniffled and pulled my legs closer.

"He doesn't love me anymore."

"That's not true." Vic was actually being civil for once.

"Everytime he looks at me he remembers what he lost, I heard him on the phone. Mike can never love me again."

Vic put his arm around me, "He would be stupid to never love you again. You are a smart, beautiful, and funny woman."

"You mean that?"

"Yes." He removed his hand and stood up, "Want to go see something really special?"

I grabbed his hand not needing to answer.

Vic pulled me into our house and up the steps. We stopped in front of Mike's office door.

"He's been working on this for a while."

Vic picked up a key and unlocked the door, stepping aside letting me go on ahead, I fished around for the light switch and when I found it I turned it on.

"Oh my." I was shocked. It looked as though it was supposed to be an art studio for me, but everything was turned over and paint was splattered everywhere, my old paintings that I had done before were slashed.

"What did he do?" Vic said, "I swear, the last time he showed it to me, it was supposed to be an art studio so you could get a way and relax."

I slid down to the floor and started to cry.

Vic pulled me next to him and embraced me, I felt safe.

"Vic, I know you don't like me, but will you stay with me for the night, I just want to feel someone next to me, I don't want to feel alone, I feel more alone now than I have ever."

"Syd, I don't dislike you, and of course."

He pulled me into his room and that night I cuddled into Vic. We did nothing more than to keep eachother company, and the next morning I was able to slip into Mike's and my room before he got home.

2 months slowly passed, Mike and I still made little contact we went on tour and he hung around the other bands more than me. Vic stayed inside with me.

One day we were watching a movie together and Vic asked, "Do you mind if I try something?"

Instead of answering, I did something that I had wanted to do for a while, I kissed him.

Vic responded and when we pulled apart, he smiled and placed his forehead against mine, "We think alike."

Vic kissed me again and pulled me next to him.

We heard the door open and quickly separated. MIke and the singer of A Day to Remember walked up the bus steps.