Status: Active

Choices

A- Games

After the movie was turned off I turned and stared at the ceiling, "Mike told me he loved me during the interview, like really loved me. He said, 'I do love you still.' and looked me in the eyes." I didn't know why I was telling Vic, it didn't really matter what Mike had said.

"It wasn't just for the interview?" Vic asked turning towards me.

In return I turned towards him, "The first time he said it, it was for the interview, but the second time he meant it, for a moment I saw the old Mike."

Vic frowned.

"Hey." I stroked his cheek, "I love you, I'm in love with you, I may love Mike but I was never in love with him."

"I wish it didn't have to be this way, I wish I wasn't the other man."

A tear slipped out of my eye, "I agree, if only years ago we would have seen each other the way we see now."

"Go to sleep, I will be here when you wake up." Vic pulled the covers over us and pulled me so I was contained in his arms.

"I love you Vic." He knew how much I loved naps, and was content in always letting me sleep.

"I love you too Sydney."

I woke up to Vic shaking me, "Babe, you have to go back." He kissed my forehead.

I yawned and stood up, I was used to these awakenings, it was common for Vic to wake me up and hurry me off to his brother.

Vic stole one last kiss and I was hurrying to the room two doors down. I heard the elevator ding and Mike's voice filled the hallway.

I grabbed my Cosmo magazine and sat in the chair pretending to read as Mike came in with Jeremy, the singer of A Day to Remember.

"Hey bae," Mike said, his lips crossing over my cheek.

Whenever we were around others besides his band, we played house.

We made is seem like we were the perfect couple, we pretended to be in love. I didn't know if anyone actually believed us but we thought they did.

"Hey Mike, Hey Jeremy."

"Sydney." Jeremy pulled me into a hug, "We came to get you to go get some food."

I looked down at my wrinkled attire, "Yeah just let me change first."

I walked over to my suitcase, grabbed some clothes, and went into the bathroom.

I hated this, pretending to be a perfect couple when we were far from perfect. I didn't even know if Mike and I were friends, much less a couple.

I think at this point Mike and I were fuck buddies, and not by my choice.

I was scared that if I didn't put out, he would suspect something.

As I walked out, I saw Mike tapping his foot impatiently.

Mike grabbed my hand and we were out.

If others watched really closely, I think they would be able to suspect that we were not the perfect couple, take for example the way he held my hand, it was much too constricting.

"How did the interview go, Syd?" Jeremy asked as we exited the hotel.

I looked at Mike trying to read what he wanted me to say, "It was good, all we had to do is talk about Mike and I, so it was pretty easy" I gave a fake chuckle.

He smiled at us, believing the house that we played on a daily basis. "I'll be back." We watched at Jeremy went in the direction of the bathroom.

"What happened to us?"

I was so shocked by his question, "Umm, what do you mean?" Playing dumb was easier than confronting the issue.

Mike gave an annoyed chuckle and shook his head I could tell he was irritated by my response, "When did we become two strangers, that just go through the motions. Why can't we ever just talk, we don't even know how to do that, hell I don't even know you anymore."

I looked into his eyes trying to read what was going on, "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked this very seriously, not making a joke out of this exchange.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He repeated confused laughing lightly to himself, "No, I'm trying to fix things, remember how I used to smile when you entered a room, your kisses made me feel warm and at home, this was before your I love you's were cold and empty." I looked up to his troubled face, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze because I had no words good enough, "I love you Syd."

"Are you guys ready?" Jeremy asked, "ready to paint the city?"

"Sydney said she wasn't feeling well so she's going to head back upstairs." Mike said making up a total lie.