Status: Active

Choices

B- The Wedding

About 6 years ago

My cousin Doug was tying the knot. At the age of 21 it kind of freaked me out, he was so young, and only a year older than me.

Doug and Allison were in love though, and as a bridesmaid I was there to make sure everything went smoothly.

I grew up with Allison, her being one of my few friends being able to deal with my 'I don't give two shits' attitude. Doug can thank me for introducing the two, and not by my choice either, Facebook made it easy for Doug to creep and then beg me to set them up.

The ceremony was beautiful and didn't seem to go too long, which is why I didn't like most weddings. The ceremonies usually bore you to tears and all you can do is keep checking your watch, making it impossible to enjoy such a beautiful thing.

At the reception, I was so thankful i didn't have to make a speech, that was for her sister, but while I was sitting at the head table, I saw a boy, he kept looking at me and every time our eyes would meet I would blush and look away causing him to smirk. He was the type of guy your dad warns you to stay away from. Good thing I never listened to my dad.

The dancing part came and being part of the wedding party I was to dance with Doug's stuffy friend Tom.

Tom was one of those creeps that just didn't know how to hit on a girl, he did it all the wrong way. He wasn't bad looking in fact, he was quite attractive, Tom was just creepy, and it was very unfortunate for him. I hated to admit but he was my senior prom date.

While dancing the mystery man came up, "Excuse me, mind if I cut in?"

Without waiting for an answer he swept me away leaving Tom stunned.

"Hi, I'm Mike, I am Doug's friend, we used to be in little league together."

"I'm Sydney, I'm Doug's most adorable and favorite cousin."

"Who would have thought, Doug could be related to someone so pretty."

The difference between Tom and Mike was apparent, Mike knew exactly what to say and when to say it.

"So you and Tom?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh heavens no! Just part of the bridal party."

"I know, I'm just giving you crap, I also know Tom from back then."

"Oh, so you know he's a creep?" I laughed.

Mike laughed and then bent down and whispered, "Out back is where the real party is? Wanna join?"

I smiled at him and Mike grabbed my hand pulling me out the back door.

We walked out to see a group of about five guys and two other girls.

"Hey everybody this is Sydney, Sydney this is everybody."

"Hey!" One guy scolded, "Don't be rude."

"Ok, he's not everybody that's my brother Vic."

The boys did look similar although MIke was taller. Mike was a lot taller, and better looking.

"Older and smarter brother." Vic said holding out his hand and then in the other holding out a bottle of Jameson.

I looked at it uneasily.

"Scared?" One of the guys asked.

"Screw that." I grabbed the bottle and took a pull. Vic handed me a chaser which i declined to make a point to the guy.

"Mike did you have to bring her out here? Besides Tom will get jealous." One of the girls asked trying to sound cute, and laughing at her own joke.

"I needed something to look at." He kissed my cheek, "She's my date tonight. Welcome to the land of unwanted toys Sydney."

"Is she always that rude." I said looking at the snotty girl.

"Cat fight!. Vic said, "Rawr!"

"Calm down Emma." Mike turned to me and his honesty shocked me, "She's just jealous that you are my date tonight. You can't have me Emma, you just can't."

"Piss off Mike, you're such a douche!" She turned to me, "I didn't mean it like that, he just always brings dumb hoes around."

"Sureeee." Mike whispered in my ear, "Crazy slut." Everyone laughed at Emma's expense and I felt sorry for Emma, "You though, are one fine specimen, damn your parents did good, and you can have me. You can have all of me."

"You always this full of yourself? Bae, its utterly disgusting." I turned and walked back into the reception.