Status: One shot.

Stay the Night

1/1

This relationship has been on the rocks for awhile now, though neither Jack or I would tell anyone else that we have been fighting, we had always been that perfect couple. That was until recently, Jack started to get jealous of the girls throwing themselves at me and how I handled it. It all started at Jack's 24th birthday party. I had taken a picture with a friend and I guess I was being too friendly with her, causing Jack to get jealous. That night he stuck his tongue down my throat in front of everyone, as if he was claiming me.

Since that night, we haven't been the same. Tonight, Jack was sitting on the couch, avoiding conversation as he stared at the TV screen. I huffed and brought in the bowl of popcorn, putting it on the table next to him. A few moments later, he turned his attention to me.

"Alex?" He whispered my name, which made me stop to look at him, biting lightly on my bottom lip before I got the courage up to respond.

"This isn't' working." The words hit me harder than I thought they would, I knew they were coming but I still wasn't prepared for my high school sweetheart to break my heart. I was hoping we'd get pasted this awkwardness but it's been six months and we still weren't on the best terms.

"I know, Jack." I sighed softly, trying to keep myself from completely breaking down in front of him. I put my face in my hands and rubs my eyes. I heard him get up from the couch. The sound got my attention and I looked up at him, shaking my head quickly. "Jack, please don't go. Stay the night. Our last night together, we don't have to do anything but just stay." My voice was pleading with tears welling. Jack nodded and came over to me. He grabbed my hand to help me up.

Jack lead me into what was our bedroom, tomorrow it would go back to being mine when he would decide to pack his belongings and go. He sat down on the bed and pulled me down with him. I sat next to him before I decided to lay down and get under the blankets up over me. Jack turned the lamp off before he got under the covers with me. I smiled to myself at the warmth of Jack's body next to mine.

I scooted closer to him to get more of his heat, he loops his arm around my waist, letting me snuggle up to his chest. We both were quiet for awhile before he spoke again. "Um, 'Lex?" I tilted my head up to look up at him, biting my lower lip and shockingly, Jack leaned down and placed his lips to my bottom lip, he whispered out "You always do that, you have been doing that since I met you at 13."

"When we were 13, god, that feels like forever ago." I whisper, smiling at the memories before speaking them out loud. "Remember that one time we went to the lake in the middle of the night and that's when we figured out we were interested in guys. Because we kept stealing glances of each other." My words came out soft and slow, taking my time to remember the details as best as I could. He just nodded.

The silence gave me more time to think all of all the memories behind Jack and I. It should have hurt, but I was smiling because it happened. Jack happened to me, I had never been more lucky than the day he walked up to me and asked me if I needed help finding my classes. He had always been my best friend, my escape, my everything. Soon, we would depart and it wouldn't be like that anymore.

I turned my head to look up at Jack quickly, leaning in to kiss his cheek, my lips parting on his skin to speak softly. "Thank you, for the last few years, I'm sorry that this isn't what you want anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is super short, I couldn't think of much else, but there you go.