Flawless

Prologue

He was thinking, rapidly at that, and every possible outcome that came to mind, hurt. He would have to either give himself up or give his closest friend over to the villain; who would surely kill them both either way. Neither of which he was very fond of, but if it meant him not getting hurt, he would be more than happy to end his own life.

His back was pressed up against a wall.

Literally.

He stood, palms flat, against the painted concrete wall, heels square to the wall. A pained expression crossed his face. No, he wasn't hurt; he was concentrating. He removed his hands from the wall and ran his fingers through his hair.

It was time.

Another deep sigh escaped his lips and he pushed himself off the wall, running. He ran until his toes touched the edge; and he jumped. He squeezed his eyes shut just before he landed flat on his back on the big air bag. The crew cheered after the Director yelled cut. Slowly, the bag deflated and the man fumbled his way out of the fabric and over to where he was welcomed with open arms and smiles all around.

"Lunch break everyone! Be back in an hour to finish the scene!"

The man popped the collar on his jacket, before moving on to the trailers on set. His co-star clapped him on the back as they walked across the set. When they reached the trailers, the shorter man linked arms with a small blonde and he quickly pulled her in for a kiss.

He dropped his gaze, reminding himself it was rude to stare and shared a smile with the concrete. He nodded to the pair before excusing himself and disappearing into his own trailer. He slammed the door shut behind him and sunk into a large armchair. He lowered his head onto his hands and closed his eyes.

He longed for a meaningful relationship, one like his good friend had with his partner. He wanted someone, didn't matter if they shared a celebrity status, but someone who could relate to him, and who he could show his true self too; someone who could respect, and possibly indulge, his inner geek and could really appreciate his vast amount of useless knowledge and his large vocabulary.

After all, everyone just wants to be happy.