Status: IN PROGRESS

Alderon

A Trolls Gold

All I have ever done since I was 15 was move town to town live inside inns when I could afford it and work in mines and lumber mills they don't pay much but over the years the work combined with pelts and meat from hunting I got good equipment and decided I was going to go and check out the land of Alderon its supposed to be beautiful. I had me a nice Ash Recurve bow and a quiver full of silver tipped arrows of my own design, I got me some chainmail armor and hodded cloak. I decided I'd try to hunt some more while I headed toward Alderon and stopped off in town to sell and get a little extra gold. I had totally lost track of where I was after a couple weeks and I decided I could use some of my gold and stay at an inn I put my bag in the room then went for a drink.
I sat down at a table and listened to everyone else talking and then a waitress came to me and said "Hi your not from around here you smell like wilderness what are you a woodsman." I shook my head and said "No just a adventurer heading to Alderon" she looked at me and said "Hey looks like your journeys over this is the first town inside Alderon" I looked around and said "Really then I guess I'll be in town for a couple day's resting up tell I actually go out and see what this land has" she smiled and walked off and I sat back picked up my drink and listened to everything people where saying and heard about a small cave that was said to have some treasure in it but there are goblins seen around the entrance. So its possible there could be trolls too also the gold is going to stick to high heaven and its going to be god damn tough I've only taken down four trolls and three of them was by the sun. I went to my room grabbed the special formula I learned from a alchemist that said it could help but I don't know never been one for potions. I grabbed it put it in my bag and went back downstairs and when I was walking the waitress said "leaving already" I shook my head and said "no im just doing a little hunting." she nodded and I left I went the way they said the cave was and walked and I found nothing I was walking around I saw goblins but no cave then I heard loud thumping and ducked down looked around and an arm shot out of a hole and a troll pulled himself out and walked around I waited and then ran and slid into the hole and fell tucked and rolled. I got up and walked slowly and then I heard talking well more of grumbling so I ducked behind a rock and saw goblins walking and one said "Smelly gold why trolls stink it" I pulled an arrow and waited tell they stopped then one whispered something to the other and I aimed quickly and let it fly going straight threw the first ones ear and tree the others mouth I jumped up and ran down the cave and then I smelled the worse thing ever I peeked around a corner and say two trolls walking around and one sleeping but he had his hand over a chest. I grabbed the option and stepped out and yelled hey over here they all turned and I quickly threw it when it shattered a blinding light blasted me I fell to my knees when I could see again the trolls were completely stone and I looked around and saw that the potion was gone just glass all three were stone.
I then grabbed a rock and tried busting the trolls hand that was over the chest i broke off the fingers and busted the hand up then when i pryed the chest opened there was a bunch of stinky ass coins i put as much as i could carry in my bag and sifted threw the rest. I ended up finding a nice hunting knife with a golden guard i put it on my side and found a couple gems grabbed them and then i heard stomping i turned to see the other troll coming i ran and slid to a rock waited for him to run to the others, then i jumped and ran i never ran so fast in my life and then heard him Yell "My brothers who killed my brothers " then i heard load ass stomping I found the entrance and climbed out i ran threw the forest as fast as i could.
I kept hearing him yelling and stomping he must smell his stink and is following it i ran then decided i had to fight so i threw the bag into a tree and set my arrow he stopped and looked around furiously then he looked up and saw the bag so i let my arrow fly going right up his jaw and into his brain he looked down and i fired another into his chest then shot one more into his mouth and then he went to his knee and said "who are you human" as he chocked on my arrow i pulled the knife out and he said "That mine" i stuffed it into his eye then got on his back grabbed my bag and left him there i walked back towards town and it seemed like it was almost dawn so i walked into town smelling like stinky ass ugly troll then i realized it wasn't me i flipped around and the troll was standing there. I used my last weapon my silver tongue and said "ok ok hey im sorry about your brothers and the arrows but can't we work something out your a sub species which means u have some thought process come on" he snarled at me raised his arm and i said "To late you fucking moron" as the sun rose up over the mountains he fast froze to stone and i walked right back into the tavern and told the waitress i got her a statue. I showed her and she first jumped a bit and then laughed we walked back in and she said "Why do u smell so bad" i put the bag on the table and said "Trolls get there scent on there treasure to track it if it gets stolen" i looked at her and said "hey my room is tell tomorrow night right" she nodded i went laid down and slept for hours i won't from stench. I sat up and grabbed my bag went down to the river and washed off the gold, the knife, and the gems tell the didn't stink on my way back to the town. When i passed the blacksmith i pulled out a couple of the gems and asked him if he had any gold to make a necklace he turned and said "yeah its pretty costly tho I opened the bag and said "i got that covered" i gave him how much it would cost and told him to bring it to the inn. He nodded i walked back and ordered a couple drinks and waited then the blacksmith came and said "Here you are i had some gold settings all ready" I tool them and then when the waitress took the empty cup back a put a satchel i had and put the ring and amulet in it and left it and on my way out i whispered to her "Hey there is a little something for you in the satchel on my table i threw my bag on my back and quiver and left i headed down the road away from the town.