Fresh Start Fever

My Skin's Smothering Me

(Casey is portrayed by Hannah Snowden, just thought I'd let you know. It was a change of heart but it fits nicely!)

Halloween 2011

Me and Stephanie stood infront of the mirror in my bedroom, studying our Halloween costumes. "Well, it's not scary" I cocked my head to the side.

"Not exactly" She bit her lip as she stared at us.

"Fuck it, we look hot" I shrugged. Stephanie laughed at me and then left the room. I smoothed out my black dress. I was dressed as Wednesday Addams, one of my favourite characters. I dyed my hair black and was wearing an almost identical dress to Wednesday but a little more modern, the skirt stopped mid-thighs and high-heeled boots with spikes on the heels. I loved the outfit from the first moment I seen it.

My eyes were dark and my make-up was great. Stephanie helped me out with that one, it was nice. "Casey, taxi's here" Stephanie called out from the living room.

I grabbed my bag and walked out. "Ready" I studied Stephanies costumes. She was going as Ke$ha. I have absolutely no idea why but it looked really good.

We walked out of our flat and outside, into the taxi and were off. A year and a half had passed since the incident in the studio and I had successfully avoided Oli for that whole time. Tonight was probably gonna change that, much to my dislike I couldn't avoid it. Matt just moved into his own flat, finally and decided to have a Halloween party.

I fiddled with my dress as we drove to Matts house, maybe things would be fine but the odds are, Oli would be there. "That'll be £7.80" The taxi driver said, pulling up infront of Matts flat. We paid and got out.

"It's now or never" Stephanie grabbed my hand and dragged me into the building. We got in the elevator and pressed Matts floor. The elevator ride was over way too quick and I wasn't even nearly drunk enough from the bottle of wine that I drunk while getting ready.

We knocked on the door and Matt opened it. I looked at my brother who was dressed as Pugsley, we decided it'd be cute and it was. "Casey!" He almost shouted as he threw his arms around me.

"Matthew, I've missed ya while you were on tour" I laughed into his shoulder.

"Come in, come in" He pulled us in and then kissed Stephanie. I rolled my eyes and walked into the livingroom to be greeted by about 50 bodies. I scanned the room and my eyes landed on Nicholls with a girl.

He noticed me and flagged me over. I approached them and smiled. "Hey Matt, long time no see" I hugged him.

"Yeah it's been awhile" He hugged back. "Case, I want you to meet Chole, she's my bird" He said excitedly.

"Oh hello, nice to meet ya" I pulled her in for a hug.

"You too, I've heard many endless stories about you" She smiled and looked at Matt. They looked adorable together.

"We should get some drinks, I am not nearly drunk enough" I pointed to the table at the other side of the room with the alcohol.

"Yeah, good shout" Matt laughed. We all walked over and got a drink.

"So how was tour?" I asked, sipping on my Vodka and Coke.

"It was alright, just support stuff so a lot of people didn't want us there" He shrugged.

"That sucks, I'm sorry" I smiled sympathetically.

Suddenly an arm wrapped around my shoulder, the look on Matts face was priceless. "Who's this bird you're talking to Nicholls" I recognised that voice anywhere.

I turned my head to look up at him, his grin slowly faded away once he realised who I was and his arm disappeared from around my shoulders. "Hello Oliver" I smirked up at him.

"Ca-casey is that you?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded slowly and he looked at Matt and Chole for confirmation.

"Fuck sake I haven't changed that much in a year and a half" I rolled my eyes. He looked at me as though he had seen a ghost, probably shocked that I wasn't punching his face in right now.

"Shit" He mumbled to himself. I looked at his costume and seen he was dressed as a zombie. It a was kinda shit effort but at least he made a bit of an effort.

"We're gonna go see Stephanie" Matt announced. I nodded at him to let him know I was okay with that.

"So..." I said then sipped on my drink. "How's life?" I asked. He looked around and shrugged.

"S'alright I guess. What about you?" He asked. I nodded in agreement.

"I'm great right now. Best I've ever been actually" I planted a smile across my face.

"That's great" He smiled and fiddled with his ripped up shirt. I watched as he tried to think of something to say, it was obviously difficult and unexpected that I was here.

"Something wrong?" I asked. His head shot up and he shook it no. "You sure, looking a little nervous there mate" I laughed.

"I just, I didn't expect to see you here. I know you didn't ever wanna see me again so I've tried to steer clear of you..." He shrugged.

I took a step closer and stood on the tips of my toes, leaning into his ear and whispered. "Go fuck yourself". I looked at his face and seen the hurt cover it. Satisfied, I walked away to go find my friends.

I spotted Lee across the room and smiled at him. When I approached him he wrapped his arms around me and hugged tight. "It's been way to long Casey, how are you?" He asked into my hair.

I pulled back and smiled happily. "I'm good, how are you?" I took a drink and then looked at him, waiting for his response.

"Things are fucking great actually" Lee said proudly.

"I'm glad to hear it" I smiled. The conversation died down and I could tell he wanted to know something.

"Casey..." He said. "You were talking to Oli just there, is everything alright between you two now or just being friendly?" He avoided looking at me which was sorta cute I guess.

"He didn't even recognise me actually" I laughed. "But I let him know that I'm still not talking to him" I smiled.

"Good, I wouldn't forgive him either if I were you" Lee looked away.

"We should go see where Pugsley is because I wanna see my big brother of 4 minutes" I suggested. Lee agreed and we went to the kitchen to find Matt, Stephanie, Nicholls and Chloe hangingout and enjoying the music.

"Casey, stay away from Oli" Matt spoke up. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Steph.

"Wanna go for a smoke?" I asked her.

Matts head snapped up and looked at me. "You smoke now?" He askes in disbelief.

"Yeah not much though" I shrugged. He bit his lip and sighed.

"Casey you really shouldn't" He moaned.

"You don't moan at your bird for doing it so why moan at me?" I scoffed.

"I moan at her constantly but it doesn't matter she's done it since we were in our early teens. You just started" He pointed out.

"Come on Stephy" I grabbed her hand and led her outside onto the balcony. The cold air nipped at my face and I shivered slightly at the temperature change. I pulled two cigarettes out of my bag and handed one to Stephanie.

"Thanks babe" She said as she placed it in her mouth. I did the same and lit it up then lit hers up for her. We both took a long draw and I sighed. "Casey, what were you talking to Oli about?" She asked. I looked at her and smirked. "What've you got planned?" She asked seeing through my facade.

"Nothing" I smiled slyly and looked away, out into the horizon. "Nothing at all" I mumbled and took another drag.

"I thought you hated him?" She asked.

"Hates a strong word" I mumbled.

"But he ruined your relationship with Josh" She pointed out.

"No, I ruined my relationship with Josh by cheating on him with Oli" I corrected her.

"Whatever, he didn't have to tell everyone in such a horrible way" She blew smoke out of her mouth and then bit her lip.

"It is what it is" I said flatly and finished off my cigarette. I turned to Stephanie and leaned on the ledge. "So how's your relationship doing?" I asked, trying to distract from me.

"We're fine, you know that just stop it. We need to talk about you and Oliver. It's gone on like this for too long and I'm fed up of it so go and fucking talk to him and sort this out" She finished her cigarette and then walked away.

"Fine" I mumbled to myself.