Fresh Start Fever

I've Given Up

I opened the door to the hotel room and slammed it shut, Oli shot up and looked over at me. "What you doin' there?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Oh I don't know just hanging out, HUSBAND!" I shouted.

His eyes widened and he scratched his head. "Shit" He mumbled.

"Shit indeed Oli, shit indeed" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't remember a thing Casey" He looked up at me. Oh you don't say since you were probably high as a kite.

"Of course not" I said sarcastically.

"Oh and you did?" He said with slight anger.

"What difference does it make, why did we let it happen? Who's great idea was that?!" I began pacing infront of him. He climbed off the bed and began putting his clothes on.

"I have no idea who decided it was a great idea but we both agreed" He muttered.

"It doesn't matter Oli, what are we gonna do now? We need to fix this" I ran a hand through my hair.

"We'll get an annulment" He shrugged as if it was the most common thing in the world.

"Yeah and you're forgetting that we consimated the marriage Oli so that isn't gonna happen" I turned to face him.

"How'd you know if you can't remember" He cocked his head to the side.

"It's us Oli, what are the odds that the one night we're so drunk that we get MARRIED that we don't have sex" I close my eyes and exhaled with frustration.

"So, maybe you were a bitch and decided you didn't wanna" He shrugged. I wanted to punch his face in right now.

"I can't believe I married you" I sat down on the bed.

"Could be worse, what if you married Jordan or Lee" He joked.

"At least they'd be nicer about this situation" I huffed. He let out a loud cuckle which made me glare at him with anger. How could he be so fucking calm about this.

"Oli you tweeted about it" I looked away.

"And that's why I shouldn't have Twitter" He sat down next to me. I didn't know what to say now, it was an awkward situation. Especially now that the whole world knew.

"Oli, what are you thinking?" I turned my head to look at him.

"It's not the end of the world" He shrugged. I watched him pull his phone out and search through his Twitter. Jordan had uploaded a picture of us on Twitter and captioned it 'Happy Couple'. It was a really nice picture but it was wrong. I didn't want to be married, especially without even knowing what was going on between us.

I walked over to the window and looked out. "This was a mistake" I shook my head.

"What was?" He said coming up behind me. I bit my lip before answering.

"I made a vow to myself that I would stay away from you Oliver. Every since school ended all that's ever happened between us has been a struggle. We don't work as a couple, we don't work on only a physical basis and we definitely can't be just friends. It was working out until Matts party and I let you back in, foolishly. It was a mistake" I turned to look at him.

He had a sad look on his face. "If it was such a huge mistake then why did you want it so much last night. I don't remember much but one thing I do remember is how happy you were" He turned away and walked across the room and was about to open the door.

"We need to fix this" I said flatly. He turned slightly and shrugged which just infuriated me. "Why don't you wanna fix this?" I almost began shouting.

"Because the way it's gonna go is you're right, you'll make the decisions and I'm just gonna sit here and nod along because if I say no you'll want rid of me for good. I just want to forget about this. Do you know how it feels to know that I don't have a single piece of leverage in this. I'm losing everything!" He began raising his voice. I was a bit shocked at his outburst.

"You're not" I shook my head.

"Yeah you're right. I've already lost everything" He looked at his feet. I walked over to him and put my hand into the pocket where I put the bag of pills. I pulled them out of his pocket but he grabbed my hand to stop me. "Case, don't!" He pulled my hand out but I had a grip on the bag. His eyes shut over and he leaned back against the door.

"You wanna know why you're losing everything Oli? This is why" I said, throwing them down at his feet. He looked down at them and furrowed his eyebrows.

"How did you know about them?" He asked.

"Fell out your pocket when I lifted your jeans" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "What were you thinking? Why would you do this? You're life isn't that shit!" My voice was rising but his expression was blank.

"You're a hypocrite" He mumbled.

"Excuse me?" I asked, anger about to burst through me.

"You heard, you are a hypocrite Casey. You did it last night" He said bending over and picking the bag up.

"What?" My eyes widened and I tried to remember taking a pill last night but I couldn't.

"After our beautiful ceremony, we came up here. You found them in my pocket and you said you'd never done it before so we should do it together. I tried to stop you but you swollowed it before I could stop you. I didn't take any last night because I was scared incase something happened to you. I think that shows you just how much you mean to me Casey. I fucking love you, I'd do anything to make sure you smile. I made a mistake before but nothing in the world can make it go away and I'm paying for it eternally. You walked away from me when I needed it so this is what I turned to. This is what keeps me going. Fuck you, and fuck this shitty mistake. Once we get home, it's getting fixed. Then I'll fuck off out of your life forever" He spat at me.

The tears welled up in my eyes as it all fell down on me. The weight of his words stung like a thousand knives and my heart began to break. Oli turned and walked out the door, leaving me and the shattered remains of my heart in the hotel room where our marriage began and ended within 15 hours.