Fresh Start Fever

What An Awful Mess I've Made

I lay in my bed, happy for the first time in days. It looked as though everything was good with me. I went to the doctors two days ago and they gave me a clean bill of health. The thing is, when I was younger I used to faint a lot, get sick and my head would get really sore. They thought I was diabetic but they aren't the usual signs for that. I wasn't but I did have have a mild condition that caused for me to have seizers. It wasn't hugely serious and it was just like having an epileptic fit really. The doctors said it was just down to my life style.

When I was 13 I had brain surgery to fix whatever the problem was. It was a long time ago and they thought maybe it didn't work. The reason I've been having headaches and feeling the way I have been is due to the surgery I did have. I guess it finally caught up with me. It's nothing serious but I have to go and have a catscan the night before Christmas Eve, which is a week away. At least I have a bit more of knowledge of what is wrong with me.

I looked at my phone, waiting for Oli to reply. We had been texting non-stop for the past 4 days. It was like being a teenager again. We used to stay up all night texting, the difference back then was that he was just Oli. Now he's my husband. Funny what life throws at you.

"Casey, get the door for me" I heard Stephanie yell from the livingroom. What a lazy bitch.

"Go and get it yourself, you lazy shit" I called back.

"Honestly, I can't you need to get it for me" She called back again.

"I'm in bed Steph, fuck off" I groaned loudly.

"Case, please I need you, I'm indecent" I heard her beg. She always did this when she couldn't be arsed answering the door.

I threw the covers over to the other side of my bed and rose to my feet in frustration and stormed into livingroom. "If you've set me up again I swear to God Steph, that poor postie is already scarred for life" I said as I walked by.

"You'll thank me in a minute" She smirked up at me from the couch. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the door. I opened it up and looked straight forward.

My eyes widened and I was greeted by a smile from the one man I had been waiting to see all week. "A'right love" He smirked at me. I was in too much shock to say anything.

"How, when wait what?" I scrunched my face up in confusion.

"Came home early to see you, couldn't spend any minute longer away from you" He stepped forward and kissed me. When he pulled back I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you, I've missed you" I whispered.

"I've missed you too" He said and kissed my forehead.

"Can you two stop having sex infront of me" Stephanie said, throwing a cushion at us. It hit Oli on the head and he stumbled back slightly.

"Where's your boyfriend Stephanie?" He asked, picking the cushion up and tossing it at her head. I rolled my eyes at their childishness and closed the door over.

"He had to go "shopping" with Lee. Which is code for 'let's go to the game center, play xbox and wait for kids to recognise them and challenge them at Fifa'. Like none of us know their stupid games" Stephanie stood up and went into the kitchen.

"I was never good at Fifa" Oli raised an eyebrow in a thoughtful way. I sat down next to him on the couch.

"We all know that" Stephanie called out from the kitchen.

"Eat shit!" Oli shouted. I playfully pushed him off the couch and he pouted at me.

"What?" I said, batting my eyelids innocently.

"Uncalled for C" He looked away dramatically.

"Don't mess with my bitch" I smirked at him. He turned to face me and grabbed my legs, making me fall to the ground next to him.

"Save it for the bedroom" Stephanie sang as she walked past us.

"Insensitive much" I looked up at her.

She smirked at me and winked. "I had to deal with those puns for months Casey, deal with it" She went into her bedroom and closed the door.

I looked back at Oli and he smiled. "Make a pun from one of my songs" He flashed me a cheeky grin.

I thought for a moment and smiled. "Let's fuck, until the sun comes up" I winked at him. It suddenly hit me that Josh sung on that track. I closed my eyes and laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked.

"I think it's really funny that the one song I thought of was the only song that Josh ever done with you" I frowned.

"It's alright" He took my hand in his. "Me and Josh are okay now" He said, looking happy with himself.

"Really? What happened?" I asked curiously.

"After the album came out he came into Drop Dead when I had a day off from promotion. He wanted to talk about it and I explained the truth behind it all and how it was never your fault" He explained.

"How did he react?" I bit my lip, waiting for the hate to come.

"He accepted it. He wasn't ready to forgive either of us at the time but since I work in the same industry we eventually built up our friendship again. I'm sure if he bumped into you on the street, he would speak to you and probably forgive you" He smiled. "Actually he's with someone now. He met her not long after you two split up and he's really happy. She's nice" He told me.

"Wow, that's good then. Happy for him" I smiled.

"I love you Casey. It's never going to be the way it was the last time. I love you more than anything else" He pulled me in closer.

I sat between his legs and wrapped mines around his waist. "I love you too Oli" I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms slowly circled my waist.

He stared at me with the nicest, most loving gaze. His eyes trailing all over my face. "I want to wake up everyday, knowing you'll be right here waiting for me. Knowing you're thinking of me and how much you love me" He whispered.

I watched his every action carefully, waiting for him to do something. "What are we doing for Christmas?" I asked. His lips curved into a smile.

"Stay with me, at my flat on Christmas Eve. I want to wake up next to you on Christmas day. The first Christmas of our married life" He said, kissing me softly on the lips.

"Hmm, I might need a little more persuasion that that Mr Sykes" I grinned at him.

"Well Mrs Sykes, I have a big surprise for you on Christmas day if you do stay over" He kissed me again.

I ran my hand through his hair. "Did you get a hair cut when you were in London?" I asked.

"Um yeah, why? Is it bad?" He asked, panic covering his face.

I giggled and shook my head no. "It's nice, just thought you'd of mentioned it" I said placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Why would I tell you? It's not a big deal and I'd hardly phone you to tell you about it" He laughed.

"Alright" I shrugged. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

"Yeah, that'd be fun. I'm pretty tired from the drive up" He yawned slightly.

"We should watch the grinch" I grinned like a little girl on Christmas. Well it is Christmas soon.

"Isn't that the film Taylor Momsen was in when she was a kid?" He asked, thinking hard.

"Yeah, she's definitely grown up a lot. Me and Steph have been watching Gossip girl religiously for the past week" I said, getting up and looking for the DVD.

"Ah, The Pretty Reckless were at Download this year. Spoke to her a couple times. She's really funny and nice but wears barely anything and it becomes distracting" He giggled a little.

"Calm down there Oli, your wife is present" I said sarcastically. I finally found the DVD and put it on.

We snuggled up on the couch and began watching it. When it got to the part where his heart grows I looked over to Oli, who was sound asleep. I smiled happily and kissed his head.

I realised I left my phone in my bedroom and stood up carefully, trying not to wake Oli up. I tiptoed into my room and dived onto my bed, reaching for my phone. After it was in my hands, I went back into the livingroom. I sat down next to Oli and cuddled into him again.

Suddenly my phone vibrated in my hand and I got a small fright. I laughed at my stupidity but unlocked my phone to see I had recieved a text.

'I can't wait to finally see you tomorrow' from Oli. I stared at my phone and then looked at Oli's sleeping body. Whoa, what the shit is going on here?