Fresh Start Fever

Don't Go Crying, To Your Mama

I stared at the text, completely in awe. I checked the time and the date. 14:56pm December 16 2011. Maybe he sent it last night and it only just came through. That would check out if he wasn't texting me this morning. He couldn't have been driving and texting at the same time could he? He's not an idiot.

My gaze fell onto Oli's sleeping body. I searched his pockets and nothing but his car keys. Damn. His jacket was sitting on the other couch so I slowly walked over to it and searched for a phone. Still nothing. His car.

I almost ran over to his sleeping body and tried to take the keys out of his pocket. "What are you doing?" He sat up quickly.

"Car keys now" I said quickly. He blinked a few times and then looked down at his pockets.

"Here, what's going on?" He asked, handing me the keys. I dashed out of the flat. Still in my pj's and band shirt. I heard Oli call after me but I didn't stop. Once I got to his car I opened the door and began searching through his car.

"Where is it? Where is IT!" I screamed in frustration.

"Casey, what's going on?" I heard Oli say from behind me.

I looked everywhere. "It's not here... you don't have one" I said slowly, staring into nothing.

I felt Oli's hand pull me out of the car and push me against it. "What the hell is going on Casey?" He asked with anger.

I could barely make out the expression on his face from the tears forming in my eyes. "When you were in London, did you get a new phone?" I almost sobbed out.

He shook his head no. "I cancelled my contract before I left for London. I was gonna get a new one after Christmas" He told me.

I closed my eyes, slid down the car and began sobbing. "Fuck" I choked out.

"Casey, please tell me what the hell is going on?" He said, sitting down infront of me. I wiped away tear after tear but he looked down at me, worry covering his face.

I bit my lip to stop it from quivering. "I need to show you something". I wiped the tears away and stood up. He followed suit, closing the car door and locking it. He grabbed my hand and we walked back to the flat.

When we got back into the livingroom I grabbed my phone and dragged Oli into my bedroom. "Tell me now before I get really worried" He mumbled. I sat him on the bed and sighed really loudly.

"5 days ago I receieved a text... from you" I said hold my phone up.

He shook his head and laughed slightly. "I didn't though" He said. A few seconds passed and he caught on. "Wait, let me see" Oli stormed over to me and began looking through all of the texts.

I watched his expression go from confused to angry. "I'm sorry" I mumbled. He locked my phone and handed it back. "I thought it was you and".

"How could you easily fall for this?" He snapped. I looked at him with shock.

"I had no reason to doubt it. Everything checked out" I was hurt by his attitude.

"Casey this is serious, dangerous even" He groaned. I frowned and stormed out of my bedroom.

Who the hell does he think he is? It wasn't my fault. He lost his phone and posted about it on Twitter. The scariest part was talking about intimiate stuff thinking it was Oli. The picture...

"Casey you can't just walk away from this argument" Oli followed me.

"It shouldn't be an argument!" I turned to him and shouted.

"What should it be then?" He retorted back, fury rising in him.

"It should be you comforting me. What if this is someone who could really hurt your image in the band" I told him.

"Do you honestly think I care about that? Having someone trick you into believing that it's me is terrifying" He looked away, avoiding my gaze.

"Why?" I asked, confused as to why it bothered him so much.

"A few months ago a guy tricked some girl into believing that it was me. He lured her in and tried to kill her. I thought Matt would've mentioned it maybe" He sat down on the couch and rested his head in his hands.

"Shit... I remember that" I whispered. He didn't look up or even flinch

It's horrible enough knowing what happened to that poor girl, I feel terrible for her but knowing that it could've happened to you is sickening" He mumbled.

I'm sorry" I said sitting down on the couch next to him. "I really am" I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and kissed the side of his head.

"It's okay, I'm sorry I snapped I just got worried for a minute there" He looked at me with fear in his eyes, a look I've only ever seen under the circumstances that he might lose me.

"I'm not going anywhere" I smiled as convincingly as possible.

"We need to deal with this as quickly as possible" He looked at the phone still in my hand.

-The Next Day-

I looked at me phone for the millionth time. It was annoyong how late this person was. Oli decided I should arrange to meet up with whoever was pretendong to be Oli. We were meeting in the shopping center at a small cafe. Oli, Matt, Nicholls, Lee, Stephanie and Jordan were all plotted around the center to make sure nothing bad happened.

The bell on the door rang out and I looked up to see who walked through the door. No one I knew. I looked dowm at my phone and sighed. Maybe they weren't coming. "Hello Casey" I heard a voice appear.

I looked up and came face to face with someone I never thought I'd see again. Lisa Silvers.