Fresh Start Fever

Deathbed

I stared at Oli. His expression was so loving. Christmas Eve was finally here, and I agreed to stay with him. I was going to give Lisa what she wants. Oli doesn't need to deal with my mess, it wasn't fair to put him through all of this. "I love you Casey" He cupped my cheek.

"I love you too Oli" I smiled. Everything that happened in the last week felt like an ending. I guess it was too good to be true. I would never truly end up with him.

"Since it's Christmas though, I have a special present to give you" His eyes lit up. I raised an eyebrow and he hurried out of the livingroom and went into his bedroom. I heard him stumble into something. When he emerged he was holding a box with holes. It wasn't small but it wasn't huge either.

"If that's a snake I'll stab you" I raised an eyebrow.

He sat down next to me and smiled. "Not far off that" He nodded for me to open the lid.

I lifted the lid off the box and inside there was a Doberman. A fucking puppy. He got me a puppy? "Oh my God, hello little" I looked at Oli for the sex of the dog.

"Boy" He told me.

"Fella. I love you already" I picked him up and cuddled him. He began licking my face. "I guess you love me" I giggled.

"I've never seen you smile like that" Oli grinned at me. I looked at him with so much happiness. I can't believe he done this for me, and I'm basically going to break his heart in a few days.

"Thank you, this is perfect" I gushed, hugging the puppy tightly.

"We are a proper little family now" He kissed me quickly. "So what are you calling him?" He asked, petting the puppy on the top of his head. The puppy chased Oli's hand and jumped on his knee.

"I like the name Oskar" I smiled. The puppy was mental, clearly a hyperactive little pup.

"That sounds perfect, Case" He said, looking at the puppy. "Baby Oskar" He kissed the puppys head and smiled. I felt my heart break. The sight of it made insanely guilty of everything that was going to happen in the next few days.

"I love you" I whispered. He smiled at me then looked at his new phone.

"I gotta head out for an hour, Matt needs some advice on how he's gonna propose to Steph so I'm gonna talk to him" He told me.

"Yes because you are the master of propsing" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes at me and left his flat. I guess it means some time to myself and get to know my new baby.

I stood up to go get a drink but I felt extremely dizzy. My stomach was churning and my mind was exploding. Maybe I should go for a nap? I walked into Oli's bedroom and stumbled over to his bed. I barely made it before I passed out.

-a few hours later-

I awoke in Oli's bed, the same position I was in when I passed out. I have no idea why it happened but I feel a bit better now. I noticed Oskar was lying in bed with me, he perked up at my movement and jumped onto my lap. "Hey boy, have I been too boring for you?" I asked, petting him.

I was busy playing with Oskar to notice at first but suddenly I noticed singing. A voice singing that I haven't heard properly for a long time. Oli was singing. I scooped Oskar into my arms and sneaked out of his bedroom. The flat was in darkness except one room, which was barely lit. It looked like a candle light. Oli had a sort of music room. I walked over to it, his singing getting louder the closer I got. "Eyes like a car crash I know I shouldn't look but I can't turn away. Body like a whiplash, Salt my wounds but I can't heal the way I feel about you. I watch you like a hawk I watch you like I'm gonna tear you limb from limb. Will the hunger ever stop? Can we simply starve this sin?" I listened carefully. He suddenly stopped. "Fuck I can't think straight".

"That little kiss you stole, It held my heart and soul And like a deer in the headlights I meet my fate. Don't try to fight the storm, You'll tumble overboard. Tides will bring me back to you" It was like the words just formed in my mind. I walked into the room and he turned to me. His eyes were filled with love and fear. It almost broke my heart to see his reaction to me singing that. I guess he never knew I could write lyrics.

I placed Oskar on the floor and he scurried away. "And on my deathbed, all I'll see is you. The life may leave my lungs but my heart will stay with you" He sung, his eyes not leaving mine for a second. I walked over to him and held my hand out for him. He took it gently and stood up, towering over me. I stared up into his eyes. Knowing this could be one of the last times I hear him sing, if I give him up for Lisa then I give him up completely.

"The waves will pull us under" I sung softly.

"Tides will bring me back to you" He leaned in and caught my lips with his. My heart began beating rapidly, an idication that he made me feel something. What if no one ever makes me feel anything ever again?

Our lips moved together in sync and our tongues fought against each other roughly, he pushed me backwards out of the room. Our lips parted for a brief second for him to blow out the candle. Leaving us in complete darkness.

His lips attatched themselves to mine again but this time it was more hungry, I could feel how much he needed me. How much he wanted me, only me at this moment in time, and vice versa. "Casey I never want to have a life without you" He said against my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him as close as possible. "I'm never going to give you up" I mumbled. He pulled back and gave me a confused look.

"You're completely mad" He laughed. I giggled and kissed him again.

"And you're a psycho" I closed my eyes. I couldn't give him up. Lisa can do what she wants. She can bribe, she can blackmail but at the end of the day... it's me and Oli until the end.

I pulled Oli into our bedroom and pushed him down on the bed. "Am I getting a Christmas treat?" He smirked up at me. I crawled across the bed and straddled him.

"It's gonna be a night you'll never forget" I smirked at him. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me down to his lips. I kissed him passionately and we began to undress each other.

It wasn't sex to me... it was making love. I've became a cheesy fucker.

-1 hour later-

I was laying in Oli's arms, feeling completely relaxed. His chest rose and fell rhythmically, making my move with him but I didn't care. He made me feel safe and at peace. "Case?" He asked suddenly.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"What does the future hold for us?" He sounded scared to ask.

"I don't know what do you think it holds?" I asked back, looking up at him.

"Well we're already married so what else is there?" He looked me straight in the eyes.

"You want babies?" I laughed. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Oh my God, you do" I giggled.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Stop being a baby yourself" He said in a huffy voice.

"Awh is little Oli in a mood" I said in a baby voice. He playfully pushed me away. "Okay I'm sorry. I want to have kids some day. It's complicated Oli. You're away a lot and I'm still figuring things out. We've only been together for a month" I explained.

"But we've been playing this game for 6 years now Casey. We always end up together. At least now we know it's meant to be. I never want to be with anyone else and I know you feel the same. We cut the bullshit out by getting married. Yes we were piss drunk but in our hearts, we both knew better and knew it was the end result. We just pushed it along" He sounded so passionate and loving. It touched my heart to see him like this.

"16 year old you would be slagging the shit out of you right now" I laughed.

"He was a closed minded arsehole" Oli said, kissing the top of my head. "Now tomorrow we have a big day. We're going to have Christmas at your house with your mad family and I am fucking tired" He yawned.

"Good night Oli" I kissed him before he turned the light off. We cuddled up together and fell asleep.

Oli's P.O.V

My eyes opened and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. It was Christmas and it was the first Christmas where I get to wake up next to Casey. It made me feel all giddy inside. I looked over to her and she was facing away from me with the covers over her. I could hear Oskar scratching at the door. "I'll be right there" I mumbled to myself. I climbed out of bed and opened the door to the puppy sitting infront of it, looking at me innocently.

I picked him up and decided to take him outside to do his business. I grabbed my coat and a pair of jeans, throwing them on and putting shoes on too. We left the flat and once we got downstairs all I could see was white, everywhere. It was a white Christmas.

Oskar ran around in the snow for a few minutes and then came back to me. "You cold there mate?" I asked, picking him up off of the ground. We went back inside and I took my shoes, jacket and jeans off quickly. I almost ran back into the bedroom to wake Casey up.

I climbed under the covers and appreciated the warmth. I slid over to Casey's side and wrapped my arms around her. "Case, it's snowing" I whispered. Nothing. This bitch is a heavy sleeper. "Casey. Time to wake up" I mumbled again. Still nothing.

I sat up and looked at her. "Casey, stop being a lazy shit" I laughed. This is weird. I began to shake her gently. "Casey?" I asked, worry beginning to grow in the pit of my stomach. "Casey wake up please" I swallowed hard.

I rolled her over onto her back and her eyes were closed. I shakily placed my hand on her heart and felt nothing. No movement. She wasn't breathing. I sat back in shock. Tears began to fill my eyes and my heart was beating rapidly. Casey... is dead.

Casey.

Is

Dead.

The End.