‹ Prequel: Hurt Me
Sequel: Long Gone
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Freeze

The Help

Sweat poured down Cora's face, her body was drenched, her clothes were sticking to her body and her hair was coming out of it's braid, strand by strand. The sun burned bright in the sky, no clouds in sight to cool the training field for even just a second. The leather that clung to Cora's body acted like a broken fan, creating a layer of sweat between itself and Cora's flesh; only cooling her down when she moved a certain way. The armor that adored her body trapped the sweat in one place and Cora cringed inwardly whenever it would run down her spin or stomach, only to collect at her waist.

“Are you tired?” Sif's voice questioned, an ever present smirk on her lips.

“Not even close,” Cora answered with a grin and Sif's smirk fell.

“Very well,” Sif said and attacked Cora, her sword clashing against Cora's. Back and forth the two women went at each other, the force of their blows echoing through the air. As they fought, the two were not aware that they had gained an audience. The Allfather and the Queen, sat side by side with Thor as well as the Warrior's Three, watching the two women. Queen Frigga frowned as she watched Cora fight. In all her wildest dreams, she never thought that Cora would ever pick up a weapon. Cora was not the fighting type, at least she didn't use to be. It upset the Queen, but she did not speak on the matter to anyone. It was very clear that something had happened between her son, Loki and Lady Cora.

Odin watched on with an emotionless face, but inside he was proud. Lady Cora was like family to him and he was happy that she was no longer dabbling in magic like Loki. Magic to him was cheating during battle. Thor was highly impressed by Lady Cora, he knew that she had been training with Lady Sif, but he did not imagine that she would be this good. Her form was nearly that of a woman who had held a sword since birth and her technique was impeccable, Lady Cora would make a fine warrior.

Sif smashed the side of her forearm into Cora thigh dropping Cora to her knees. Cora hissed, knowing that she would have a bruise there later on. Sif smirked and Cora kicked her left foot out, knocking Sif's legs out from underneath her. Sif landed on her backside and Cora easily pressed the tip of her sword to Sif's neck a smirk of her own on her lips, her brown eyes sparking while she stared at Sif. The sound of clapping pulled the two women from their silent conversation and when they looked to the side, they were both surprised to see the King and Queen. Cora picked herself up off the ground and she offered her hand to Sif who took it.

“You finally beat me,” Sif congratulated and Cora grinned with a laugh.

“I told you today would be the day,” Cora pointed out and Sif shook her head laughing.

“So you did,” Sif mused and together the women walked over to the group.

†††††

Cora walked down the extinguished. Her whole body ached, her hair looked like Archer tried to eat it and she was covered in dirt, sweat and blood. It had been a long day and Cora was in desperate need of a long and hot wash. “Lady Cora!” Glancing over her shoulder, Cora smiled softly.

“Prince Thor,” Cora greeted with a simple bow of her head.

“May I talk with you?” Thor questioned and Cora nodded her head.

“Do you mind if we walk and talk?”

“No.” Thor shortens his long strides when he sees that Cora is having a bit of trouble keeping up with him.

“What did you want to speak off?”

Thor looked down at Cora taking in her appearance and he grinned, “You have changed,” Thor stated. “You are not the delicate women who I spoke to months ago.”

“That is a bad thing?”

Thor laughed and shook his head, “No. Tis not a bad thing, but any means. I am enjoying this new you.”

“I do not think I have changed all that much, my Prince.” Cora stated and she smiled seeing her door come into view. “If you wish to speak more, you are welcome to come inside,” Cora informed Thor as they came to her door.

“If I may? This is of importance.” Cora nodded her head and opened the door, having Thor follow her inside. Thor shut the door behind him and looked around Cora's chambers, he had not been in her room many times, at the most twice. While he looked around, Cora took the opportunity to take off her armor and set it to the side so she could clean it later. Bending over, Cora pulled her boots off and dropped them on the floor. “Lady-”

“My Prince, you do not have to address me so formally behind my doors,” Cora told Thor catching his attention. Thor turned away from what he had been staring at and he seemed surprised by the sudden state of undress Cora was in. “Now, I know what you have to say is important-” Cora started to take her hair out of its braid as she talked, “but, can you speak while I bathe?” Thor watched Cora's hair fall down her shoulders and he nodded his head. “Wonderful!” Cora disappeared into her bed chambers and Thor followed after her. “Make yourself comfortable,” Cora called out seeing that she was in her wash room.

Thor looked around Cora's bed chamber and decided that her bed would be the best place to sit, every chair seemed too small for Thor's massive body. The sound of splashing filled the air and Thor's eyes widened, Cora was a few strides away from him, bare as the day she was born. Heat took over Thor's face and he cleared his throat, “L...Cora?”

“Yes?”

“Are you aware that Asgard is forever in debt to Nidavellir?”

“Yes...they aided us in a war by crafting Gungnir and Draupnir. As a gift to the first born of the Allfather, they made Mjolnir,” Cora stated as she washed away her aches.

“So you are familiar with the way of the Dwarves?”

“Only with what we were taught in lessons and the story's told by the elders.”

Thor ran a hand through his hair and sighed, “The Dwarves have called upon us in a time of need. As the future King of Asgard, it is my duty to represent our homeland.”

“Is there to be another war?” Cora asked, her voice worried.

“That 'tis why I must go and speak. Father does not wish for any more blood to be shed, nor do I. However I am to not go on my own, the Warriors Three will follow.”

“Why are you telling me this Thor?” Thor did not answer right away and Cora washed her hair while she waited for him to answer her question.

“I am to be seen as a beacon of peace, a symbol of...unity if you will,” Thor explained and Cora listened. “Lady Sif is known for her warrior ways, no man, not even the Dawrves are daft enough to believe she stands for peace.”

“You need a woman to symbolize unity,” Cora stated as she got out of the bath.

“Yes. The Dwarves have a strong belief in blood ties and heirs. They know that I am not wed yet, but the idea is still there.”

“I understand you're thinking, but why come to me? I do not know any maidens that would be willing to leaves Asgard.”

Thor laughed and shook his head, “I do not wish for you to find any maidens-”

“You are asking if I will accompany you?” Thor looked up and his eyes widened when he saw Cora standing in the threshold of her wash room nude with a towel in her hands, drying her hair.

“I...yes. W-will you go?” Thor stumbled over his tongue and Cora giggled. She walked out of the wash room and headed to her closet feeling Thor's eyes on her the whole way. “I would understand i-if you did not wish to go. You and m-my brother-”

“There is nothing there,” Cora snapped and Thor gulped, his head ducked down with his eyes to the floor. “I...I apologize, that was uncalled for,” Cora quickly apologized.

“I will accept if you agree to go with me,” Thor offered and Cora smiled. Now dressed, Cora took a seat in front of her vanity and worked on her hair and make up.

“If it pleases you so, my Prince. I will accompany you.” Thor grinned and jumped up off Cora's bed.

“There is a special place for a maiden like you in Valhalla, Cora,” Thor stated and he grabbed Cora's shoulders before he pressed his lips to her cheek. “You are a true friend,” Thor beamed and he shoved his hand in a pouch on his side. “Wear this at all times while we are in Nidavellir and no one will dare lay an unwanted hand on you,” Thor promised and he set down a gold ring with a ruby as red as blood besides Cora's hand, attached to a simple gold chain. “I know you were Loki's ring-”

“I gave it back,” Cora whispered and Thor bite his lip. He knew something was wrong between his brother and Cora, but now he knew it was much worse then he had first thought.

“What-”

“He is incapable of love, so there fore he is not worthy of my time,” Cora stated and she took the ring off of the chain. Without another word, Thor watched as Cora slipped the ring onto her finger. He smiled sadly and kissed her temple. It all made sense to Thor now, the last six months of Loki and Cora's odd behavior is because they are no longer “friends”.

“I will send for the dresser, she will make you the most magnificent gowns in all of Asgard in my colors.” Cora smiled softly at Thor's words. “I have always wondered what you would look like in red,” Thor admitted and Cora laughed.

“We shall both find out, now won't we?” Thor squeezed Cora's shoulders lightly and left. Cora looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. She glanced down at the ring on her finger and frowned, she missed the simple emerald that use to shine at her. Thor's ring was beautiful, but Cora liked Loki's better. Thor's ring was a little too flash for her taste, but she would wear it with pride. Cora was happy that she could be of use to Thor, without Loki Cora only had Lady Sif as a real friend, it felt nice to branch out. “I wonder what the Dwarves will be like...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thor looked down at Cora taking in her appearance and he grinned, “You have changed,” Thor stated. “You are not the delicate women who I spoke to months ago.”
Image

Cora training
Cora's dress
Cora's ring

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.