Status: On Going.

Ohana = Family

That's Not A Real Name

Chapter Four

“How is it hotter here than your New Mexico? It is my understanding that it is located by a desert,” said Thor as he tugged at his shirt’s neckline. He was once again sporting a simple t-shirt and jeans combination but had been complaining about the temperature ever since they stepped off the plane.

“We’re closer to the equator here, so it is going to be warmer,” said Jane who had planned for the weather and was wearing a tank top and long jean shorts.

Currently they were wandering around town looking for either Loki or Fury, whomever they happen upon first.

“I’ll take your word for it, then shall I?” he asked flashing a smile at her. Jane just shook her head, but a smile was on her face as they walked down the street keeping their eyes and ears open. They had just turned a corner by the beach and they both stopped as they saw Fury walking towards them.

“Thor, Miss Foster, glad you can make it,” he said stopping in front of them. Thor looked over Fury’s attire, not use to seeing him without his long leather coat, but Hawai’I was no place for a coat of that kind.

“Have you located my brother yet?” asked Thor.

“No, and there hasn’t been an unusual activity so far. I’ve asked around, but no one has seen anything either. It would appear Loki is keeping a low profile, which either means he is hurt or planning something. Knowing him it won’t last long,” said Fury.

“Right, or he isn’t here,” said Thor.

“Our sources say otherwise. He’s here all right, and we will find him. We can’t have New York all over again,” said Fury.

“I will find my brother and bring him home before any of that happens again, rest assured,” said Thor.

“Bring him home? You mean back to the Asgardian prison that he just escaped from?” asked Fury crossing his arms.

“What did you have in mind?” asked Jane finally speaking.

“You had your chance to deal with the war criminal, and clearly you failed, this becomes S.H.I.E.L.D.’s problem now.”

“Excuse me, but the All Father sent me here to fetch my brother and bring him home. You dare go against his wishes by stepping in with your little agency?”

Thor and Fury had powerful stances right now, glaring each other down.

“I don’t know who the hell the All Father is, but you nor him will step in the way of finally teaching that whack-job a lesson.”

“If you obtained Loki, what would you do to him?” asked Jane stepping in before these two started bringing out the big guns. Fury turned to Jane, stepping back a bit and Thor did the same.

“I will personally see that he is killed,” said Fury.

“You have no authority to kill Loki,” said Thor stepping closer and hissing through his teeth at him.

“He came to Earth and tried to take it over, nearly destroyed all of New York, and he is back knowing what else he is going to do. As a citizen of this planet, I think I have the authority to put an end to him once and for all.”

“Well I am a citizen of this planet, and I say we let someone who actually knows what he is dealing with, handle this,” said Jane stepping between the two men.

“Fury, this is where our union ends. I cannot allow you to kill Loki. If I find him, I will return him home where he will face the All Father’s judgment,” said Thor.

“If you find him first,” said Fury. They share one last heated look before turning away from each other and walking away. Jane struggled to keep up with Thor’s pace but once they had turned back onto the main stretch Thor slowed down.

“We need to find my brother before Fury does,” said Thor.

“Where do we start?” asked Jane as their eyes scanned the area.

“I have no idea,” said Thor. They stopped at a corner and just looked around trying to find anything unusual and that is when they overheard a conversation from inside the corner shop.

“Did you hear what happened on the pass last night?”

“No, I didn’t, what happened?”

“Some haole was wandering around in the rain and got hit by a truck up there.”

“Really? Tourists never go up there though, nothing but trees. Was it a hiker?”

“No, said he was wearing really odd clothing and didn’t look like the hiking type.”

“Who knows what tourists are up to these days. Sometimes I’d wish they’d just stick to the bigger islands, but they do help our economy.”

“True that.”

Jane and Thor shared a look before quickly rushing off down the street.

_._._

Loki groaned as he opened his eyes and was blinded by pure white. He blinked a few times, getting use to the brightness, before he looked around him. There were tubes and needles connected to his arm and an annoying beeping sound was coming from a machine next to him.

He was about to yank the needles out and shut the machine up once and for all when he noticed someone was sitting in the chair beside his bed watching him.

“Morning,” she said watching him. He just stared at her. “good to see you are awake. I don’t know what you remember but last night you were up on the mountain and you saved me from getting hit by a truck and you were hit instead. Your wounds surprising healed very fast and you didn’t have as much damage done to you as we expected. So after the doctor checks you over he plans to discharge you.”

Loki recalled last night. He had escaped. Those Asgardian fools had done their homework to keep him captive but one slip up allowed him to pounce and get away. He had hoped that he could come to this island and lie low before taking over but he had to let out a bit of energy in order to land on the island and not in the middle of the ocean. That stupid federal agency no doubt knew where he was.

He was a little dazed and was trying to get his bearings when he was walking around. He found solid ground and he remember this woman running into him and falling back to the side of the road, then a loud horn before he too was knocked back.
Loki looked this woman over. She was simple in appearance with dark brown hair, tanned skin, somewhat tall, average weight, and was clad in light blue scrubs and sensible shoes. So it was her who had ran into him last night. It seemed she thought he saved her, what a stupid thought.

He remained silent as she looked him over.

“How do you feel now?” she asked getting up and walking over to look at a chart at that base of his bed.

He remained silent. She looked at him once more.

“Well if you aren’t screaming in pain, I’ll go get your doctor,” she said before placing the chart back down and leaving the room. Loki groaned as he sat up and looked his body over. There were a few scrapes and bruises that hadn’t healed while he slept so he focused his energy on them and soon was perfectly healed.

Just as he was about to get up and take his leave the door opened and that same woman returned following behind a man whom he recognized as a doctor in the cliché lab coat.

“Surprised to see you awake, sir, after the condition you were brought to us last night. But you healed amazingly well, you must have some magic powers to be able to heal that fast,” the doctor joked but Loki inwardly smirked. If only this man knew. “I’ll just give you a check over, but then you would be good to go. Ms. Kekoa if you’d hand me the chart.”

The doctor approached Loki and helped him to stand up as Kana grabbed the chart and passed it over. Loki kept looking at Kana and she was a little disturbed by it, but didn’t show it as she continued to stare back. Soon his attention was drawn away as the Doctor did his check up. Loki had to keep telling himself to keep a low profile and not attack this doctor as he poked and prodded him. He nearly tore his head off when he hit his knee with a tiny rubber hammer.

“Okay, you are looking even better than we ever could have imagined, just a few things left with the discharge papers. I’m going to need your name,” said the doctor, pen poised to write. Loki remained silent and continued his staring game with Kana who quickly realized that he wasn’t planning on saying anything.

She didn’t really know what possessed her to do this, maybe it was her way of saying thank you for saving her last night, because there was no doubt that she would have been a lot more injured then he clearly was. She found herself answering for the man.

“Kapua,” she said and the doctor looked at her while Loki raised an eyebrow, “his name is Kapua.”

“I’m sorry, Kana, you know him?” asked the Doctor.

“Yes, sorry I didn’t tell you, I do,” she said looking at him while Loki continued to just stare at her. It was unnerving but she was getting use to it.

“In that case, what is your relation to the patient, maybe we can discharge him to you,” he said as he wrote the given name on the discharge papers.

“Um,” said Kana with a glance at Loki before fixing her eyes on the doctor, “he’s my boyfriend.”

“Oh, I didn’t know you had a boyfriend. Well that explains why you stayed by his side all night,” said the doctor as he looked back down at the papers and continued to write. Kana looked over at Loki and locked eyes with him. She noticed the smallest smirk grace his lips and she narrowed her eyes at him when once again the doctor spoke.

“Well you are all set to go. Unfortunately your other clothes were destroyed in order to get to your injuries but I’m sure your girlfriend could help you out. If you feel any other pain come back and we’ll make sure everything is okay with you,” said the Doctor as he handed a copy of the papers to him before standing up and walking out. Kana looked at Loki as he stood there.

“Boyfriend?” he asked, that smirk on him growing wider.

“Hey, do you want to stay in that hospital bed all day or do you want to get out. You won’t do that without being discharged to someone. Now you stay here, I’m going to go get you some clothes from the shop,” she said and left. He was different and kind of creepy, but she wasn’t about to judge him because he was unusual, she knew too much how that felt. She made a quick trip to the store, getting a souvenir Hawai’I shirt and some black Hawaiian print trunks. She came back to the room to see he had pulled the needles out of his arm and the machine that measured his heartbeat was knocked over and broken.

“Here,” she said tossing the clothes to him and going over to the machine. It still worked but it would have to be checked over for damage. “You didn’t have to break the machine, I was about to take care of it.” She turned around to scold him only to pause as she watched him take the hospital gown off. He was clad in only his undergarments but she was surprised to see that there wasn’t a single scratch or bruise on his body. He should at least have some of those, but he had none.

“You might want to close your mouth, if you know what’s good for you,” he joked as he turned to face her to grab the swim trunks and pulled them on. She closed it and cleared her throat as he threw the shirt over his head and smoothed it out.

“So, where are you staying? I can escort you back to your hotel,” she said as she came around the bed and towards him.

“I’m not staying at hotel, I’m not staying anywhere,” he said simply.

“Well you need somewhere relaxing to stay. I can see that all wounds are gone but you still need to take it easy after the accident,” she said crossing her arms.

“Do you have any ideas where I could stay, girlfriend?” he asked lowering his voice and once more staring at her while she stared back at him.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I couldn't resist using that picture, sorry. It is a bit scary.

Thank you all who continue to read, it means a lot.

-Charlotte