The Half Life Bet

Chapter 3: The pursuit of love (Part 2)

- No you’re not, you’re leaving me – I grabbed his arm as hard as I could – I just got you back please don’t leave me again, please don’t do this to me – He took me face and our foreheads touched.

- Darling I won’t leave you, see you soon – He kissed my forehead, took his shirt and left. Suddenly a wild anger dominated me.

- How can you be so girly! We just got together and you are already mad! Why can you just forget it!

Benedict took me by the shoulders to make me stop screaming – Stop acting like a child Maria! Just let me think okay?

- Do whatever you want, I’m out of here – I was so mad that he ruined such a nice moment, how could he be so sensitive? I put my clothes on and left the hotel; I had no intention to stay by my own so I went to Larissa’s house.

- Oh my God Britt look who’s here!

- This is unbelievable, did you just left the hotel? – Both of my friends were excited and laughing, but then they realized that I wasn’t so thrilled – Okay what happened? He’s not good at bed? He doesn’t kiss well?

- Is he a total jerk?

- No none of them… maybe a little bit of a jerk

- Okay tell us everything the good and bad things – said Brittany sitting next to me and Larissa on the other side, I told them everything, every detail since I got to the hotel until left it.

- And that was it, we got mad at each other and that was the end of a perfect night

- Okay… Maria both of you got mad at a very stupid thing

- No Riss, HE got mad at a very stupid thing

- And you got mad at him because he got mad at a stupid thing

- Yes… damn it Britt! You make it sound very stupid

- Because it is

- No it’s not

- Okay we don’t to get mad with each other so both of stop it, he won’t be mad for so long so why don’t we just forget about this and do some dancing.

We all agreed so we got ready and went to the dance studio where Tom worked. I got distracted with the rehearsals and cheer of everyone.

- So I heard you had fun last night – Rayden looked at me with a wicked smile.

- God how you know that? – I looked straight at Britt and Riss who looked at me with a “I’m sorry” face – Oh never mind

- We went to Larissa’s place to invite all of you to a club, but you seemed to have better plans with some mysterious guy – Well at least they didn’t reveal his name – You are not going to introduce him to us?

- I will, I just need the right moment

A week passed and I had no news about Benedict, I tried to think the less I could about him by filling my day with work, rehearsals and basically anything that would keep me busy, even cleaning my entire apartment, I spent a lot of time with Greg he was the only one I could talk about Benedict without losing myself.

- Do you think he’ll ever come back?

- Of course he will, just be patient

- He’s taking too long; did I hurt him so bad?

- I think that’s not what is taking him so long, you’re going to make a big change in his already hectic life

- I just want to see him; we can figure that out together – Greg smiled at me.

- You haven’t done anything special for your birthday Maria

- Yeah I’m just not in the mood, I might do something on the weekend

- Let’s have some tea and celebrate

- You know I prefer coffee – It was an insult for any British but he knew me well enough. It was almost December and the cold hit every corner of the great city, the snow covered everywhere making the streets look tidy and pure, it was so different from my sunny and green Santiago, full of the cheer of summer. Regardless of the weather we walked to our favourite tea room, the Tibetan Tea Room, we sat on the comfy sofas and ordered, I chose the same as always and Greg went for something new.

- Excuse me for a minute – Said Greg getting up from the sofa and walking fast until he disappeared without letting me say a word, I had no other choice than wait, our order arrived and he wasn’t back so I decided to start my coffee without him.

- I bet that coffee is delicious, but never as good as British tea – Said a voice from behind, and sat in front of me – Happy Birthday

- So the star finally decided to appear – I was trying to dissimulate my happiness and nervous for seeing him again by being rude.

- I didn’t came here to fight so don’t be childish – He put a tiny box on the table.

- Thank you. You talk like you knew me forever

- I know everything about you, every single corner about you – He said looking from head to toe.

- So you came to seduce me?

- No, I came because we need to talk
- Ok, I listen

- I need to know how do you feel about me now that you know everything about me, did I disappoint you?

- No. Look I was just being stupid with all that fear, it’s just that all of these has been so crazy

- I know this is nuts. Can I ask you for one favour?

- Sure

- Don’t you ever fear me, I would never hurt you – I smiled at him at took the hand he had on the table.

- I know you won’t, but what about the media?

- We can manage either you want to keep it a secret or not

- I rather keep it a secret, my mom would freak out if she sees me on the TV - We both laughed imagining just how messy that could be.

- I also want to introduce you to my parents, but right way, as my girlfriend – I choked when I heard that last word.

- Excuse me? You didn’t even ask me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse my spelling, constructive coments are always welcome and thanks for reading!