K.P

Awaken

It was dark. She wondered how it suddenly became dark and why she couldn’t move. She felt the tape digging in to her wrists and ankles. She whispered a questioning hello. No one- nothing- responded. She waited for something to happen. She was lying down and felt the small vibration of a car’s motor. She didn’t know how long she laid there in the darkness.

The vibrations finally stopped and she wondered why. Something opened to the left- as she saw it. She squinted at the light. She first saw the most beautiful sunset- the most unnatural sunset. The highest part of the sky was a violet purple. Most of the sky was tinted pink and above the horizon- surrounding the golden ball, was a yellow blanket. The earth looked surrounded by a sheet of light. Her eyes were focused on the scenery, but then someone had blocked her view.

It was a man years older than her. He had dark brown hair that matched his eyes. He had a slight frown on his face, but it looked like any moment, he would laugh. He smelled of aftershave and smoke from cigarettes. It’s when she decided that those two smells were terrible for the nose. She scrunched up her nose in disgust. He noticed and he gave her a little smile. He stretched his arm inside the trunk and pulled her arm gently. He pulled her up to a sitting position. She then noticed she was in shock. Fear started to settle inside her mind. She let out a small scream.

The man frowned. He spoke and she didn’t understand him. He was speaking a language she couldn’t understand. She screamed again. She repeatedly screamed until her voice started cracking. They stared at each other. Once she adjusted to her throat’s soreness, she asked him, “Who are you?”

He spoke again, but only 2 things sounded familiar to her language: K.P.