I Am Sherlocked

Ravished

Sherlock carefully unwrapped the Masu box. Inside was a piece of paper with numbers written on it- 8 4 6 6. Claire dumb founded threw herself gently against the seat. Sherlock aware of her frustration concentrated on the numbers.
"I don't understand it" Claire said, "She wants me dead, so why doesn't she just do it?"
"Ashleigh Oviu has the exact same letters as Olivia Hughes"
"Coincedence" Claire said unaware,
"What do I say about coincedences?"
Claire stared out of the cab window thinking hard, "The universe is rarely so lazy" She said quietly, "It's an anagram." She realized,
"The two people we've been investigating are the same person. Ashleigh is Olivia"
Claires mind relapsed into thought, she was taken back to the hazy night. She can barely remember thats how drunk she was.

***
"Claire buy us another round. Here take my wallet, the pin is 8466" Olivia shouted over the music, Claires head pounding with the bass. Her sight blurry and dull. She made her way to the bar. Pulling out Olivia's card it seemed like an age had passed. She stared at the name- Ashleigh? she asked herself- that's weird, she then thought. Without questioning it further, she paid for the drinks and then returned to the table.
"One for me, and one for Ashleigh, it rhymes!" Claire exclaimed drunkenly, but much to Olivia's despise, Olivia stared cold heartedly at Claire. A black presence in her eyes.
"What did you say?" Olivia tried to confirm whether or not her ears had deceived her, but she thought it was very unlikely that they would,
"Ashleigh, that's the name on your card isn't it? Your middle name? It's cute" Claire laughed unaware of the misfortune she had stumbled across.

***

"This whole time I've been blind." Claire quietly whispered to herself. She rolled her eyes to the back of her head, extremely disappointed in herself.
Sherlock understanding now what it was that Claire needed to be taught. Her weakness of letting her heart rule her head, was yet just another reminder of human error.

They arrived at 221B Baker street and they went upstairs. Claire went straight to her room, and Sherlock sat in his chair with his violin under his chin. His phone started to ring and he answered it.

"Well Mr. Holmes, you've done a great job so far. Almost flawless." Olivia said over the phone,
"I could say the same to you too, Ashleigh" Sherlock carefully said. Trying to pull her strings as he did.
"What?" Olivia said,
"I think you heard quite clearly, someone I once meet told me that no matter how hard you try with a disguise, it is always a self portrait of yourself. Ashleigh Oviu, Olivia Hughes. Very clever I might say, but then again it was actually quite simple when you think about it."
"Mr. Holmes, you are treading on thin glass. I would say watch your step if you didn't need to watch your back. We'll be in touch. Don't forget our little game" She said ending her call.

Upstairs Claire paced in her room. She was so disappointed in herself. All along they were right. She defended Olivia and this is how she repays her. What she couldn't understand was why she needed to play this 'game'? Had Claire unknowingly interfered with her franchise of drug trafficking? Maybe she was just twisted and sick in the head. Maybe Olivia needed no motive other than to destroy the memory of herself. She went to open the door but Sherlock opened it instead. He placed his hand on the back of her neck and pulled her in. Their lips parted with each others as they dove into passion. Sherlock in two minds about Claire. He had seen the way that love is destructive. Claire was the very evidence of it. But he could not resist himself. Her body taunts him in every way and he hated it, but loved it at the same time. He held her close to him letting his hands wander over her body. Feeling her skin under her clothes. The warmth of her anatomy made for a steamy collision of lust as he laid her on top of her bed. He kissed her neck, her chest, and her naval. He tasted every inch of her body as it lay in a platter in front of him. Her smell intoxicating and addictive. He pulled off her as he felt himself go too deep.

"What? What's wrong?" Claire asked, pulling her head up,
"I can't" He said standing up at the end of her bed. She sat up right, her stomach bare from her unbuttoned shirt.
"It's alright" She comforted as she held his hand in hers. Pulling him back down to earth. His lips merely meeting hers. Their eyes connected. Sherlock could see the pain in her eyes. The dark horror from loving someone. And that was all that he could see now. He closed his eyes to blind himself to it. But his heart could not stop sympathizing for her. Her buried his nose in to her neck and hair. She ran her hands down his front. Unbuttoning his black shirt as she did. His breathing became heavy once more, falling into pattern with hers. She reached further, completely defrocking him. And he returned the favor.

Once again they fell into each other. A lust filled fall with no ground at all to catch them. They were in mid air, the spare of the moment. Falling faster and harder than ever before. A rawness developed as their bodies smashed into one another.

And once again they found themselves laying in a hot mess. Sherlocks eyes fixated on Claires. For a long time he had been scared to fall in love. So scared to care for someone the way he had started to care for Claire. The feeling was completely alien to him. His heart once an untainted organ, now a beating lust of furry. He truly understood now, the disadvantage it was. The very reason it is destructive. But revitalizing as well. Love was enough to make any one crazy, let alone Sherlock. And now he knew he had to restrain himself. He closed his eyes once more.

***
"Oh Sherlock, it's funny isn't it?" Irene Adler said. She walked in a circle around Sherlock,
"What is?" He asked, his voice deep and exhausted,
"Nobody ever thinks they can love, and then just like that it happening and you don't even get a moment to think. No one ever tells you how to do it, or how it happens or when. But it does in the most peculiar way possible. Don't worry, it hasn't happened for you yet. You really did have me fooled though Sherlock, I must admit. I almost thought you were in love for a second there."
Sherlock quietly watched her circle him.
"Why are you here?" Sherlock asked,
"I'm here to remind you" She whispered, and then she disappeared again.

In a distance he could hear a noise.

***

When he opened his eyes, Claire had left him in her room. He could hear the shower running down stairs. He slowly redressed himself, straightening his attire as he did so. On the dresser was a photograph of Olivia and Claire. Olivia holding a box in her left hand as if she were hiding it- the Masu box.

While she was dealing behind Claires back, she was using Claire as a body guard. Holding onto Claire as insurance if anything were to happen to her 'business'. But what could happen? Sherlock asked himself. What has she done that requires this extreme?

Sherlock left the apartment to think to himself. Claire left alone in the apartment they shared.

She had just finished showering when she headed up stairs to her room. Laying down on her bed she closed her eyes. Her eyelids heavy with exhaustion but her mind awake with passion and confusion. She fell into a deep sleep. Into a world of darkness. A little light glimmered in the far. She started to spin in a circle. Drifting in a spiral. Till suddenly, she couldn't feel anything but the cloud of her bed.