I Am Sherlocked

Resumed

***

"What do you mean drug dealer?"
"Olivia's body was found in the alley way of a well known drug dealing location. It appears to have been a bad deal of some trade wwe can't ignore the facts of..."
"No."
"I'm sorry?"
"You bring me the damn folder, the one with my best friend inside of it, you ask me to take the case, and then you tell me that she's not the person I think she was."
"Claire, I know..."
"You tell me, that the person I have been living with for the past six years! is a major drug dealer"
"Claire, please"
"No, you don't get to empathize with me. Olivia was not a drug lord. I've known her for years. Do you think that she would put herself so closely to the enemy?"
Claire's heart felt heavy as she felt the weight of her world fall through her. Her eyes were hot from holding back tears as she sat in the interview room with her boss.
"Olivia was a ballet dancer. She danced with the Royal Company. She enjoyed Chinese. And not just in the winter. But religiously. Her favorite was Sweet and Sour Pork. She preferred the toilet paper to be hung on the outside, and her bed was always made every morning, no matter how early she got up. Olivia was the only child in her family, but she had 11 cousins. Her eyes changed color when she cried. She has a crooked toe on her left foot and that is why she never wore sandals. Olivia was the closest thing to family when my uncle was executed. She was one of two people I trusted in this world. Olivia was many, many things. But she was not a drug dealer or a druggie for that matter"

By this point Claire had sat as up right as any one could sit. The tears she was so desperately holding back had come in a rush of floods. Her breathing had become some what of a wreck, and she wasn't even sure if her heart was actually beating. But in the midst of it all, all she could feel was hurt and anger. In the time of need, she had no one there to support her. And suddenly she was alone.

"Claire, I know that what we are suggesting has come as a shock to you, but the evidence strongly shows signs of drug dealing or trading. We have to entertain the possibility and we're afraid your personal relationship with Olivia is causing your misjudgment."

"Take me to the crime scene, I want to make another inspection"

"Claire..."

"Take me- to the DAMN scene" Claire said, finally loosing all composure.

"Very well then. May I remind of your position her at the NY:CSI, you are merely a notch in this very large belt"

That very statement repulsed Claire and was the winning factor for her decision to leave the NY:CSI. Claire stood with her back to the man who she had worked for. Her face turned up she muttered,

"You're ignorance repulses me"

She turned around to face him,

"And you can shove your belt up your ass because I am done"

She grabbed her blue coat and stormed out of the building.

***

Claire stopped at the Chinese takeaways just down Baker street to get tea before she went home. She sat in the window while she waited. Her mind taking her back to the night Olivia was killed. Her case, the facts, all rotating like clockwork in her brain. Victor was an ignorant misogynist pig. The amount of times he tried to hit on Claire was numerable. He had also suggested, multiple times, that she was considered the office slut, while also making threats in situations that came as a great disadvantage to him. Had it not been for her great fondness and loyalty to New York she would have left the division earlier.

Claire walked home with her Chinese in one hand, and Chinese for Sherlock in the other. She wasn't sure what he preferred so she just got the same as hers. Honey Soy Chicken.

Opening the door to their apartment she could smell the aroma of fresh tea. Her aunts door was slightly ajar and she could hear Sherlock and Mrs. Hudson conversing up stairs.

"Anyone hungry?" Claire smiled,
"I was so worried, I thought you must of gotten lost on your way home" Her aunt said hurrying over to her.
"I saw this Chinese store down the road and was determined to try it before the end of the night" said Claire.
"How was the interview dear?"

Claire looked over to Sherlock who was standing in the window again. She had wondered why he had not told her aunt. Was he not pleased with the changes, the new partner? Her? or was he just not interested in sharing these types of things?

"It was good, they officially transferred me from the states"
"Oh that's good dear, I'm glad you made it"
"Thank you" Claire smiled.

Her aunt left the room, which left Claire and Sherlock alone. Claire looked for a place to eat the Chinese. At first she turned to the table, which was covered in test tubes, and "is that skin?" Claire thought. Definitely not the primary option. There was a corner table to her right, but that was piled up with paper work of some kind. Also not a primary option. She scuffed her way to the lounge and sat down in the three seater couch and folded her legs to the side as she relaxed into the comfy seat.

"This thing you do" She started, "why do you do it?"
Sherlock turned to her,
"Thing?"
"Consulting Detective"
He titled his head at her.
"I'm not sure what it is that you're asking?"
"Why do you volunteer you're services.. talents, but you won't officiate yourself as a proper Criminal Investigative?"
Sherlock paused, his isolating blue eyes squinted.
"I like the exercise"
"Exercise? Why don't you go to the gym?"
He looked at her as if he was offended, well that's what she assumed anyway.
"A mental exercise. I like the challenge" He said. There was a touch of coldness to his tone, and it made Claire wonder.
"Could you not take up a new study?"
"Boring" He said actively.
"Boring?"
"Yes, I need something to make me think. I need something to keep my mind busy."
"You sound like an addict" She said as she closed the conversation.

"You would know what an addict looks like wouldn't you?"
Sherlock said, sitting into his chair facing the kitchen.
"I beg your pardon" Claire said worried.
"Your friend."
"Was not an addict." She finished.
"No, she wasn't. But someone else was. Someone she knew"
"Look, I hope you don't mind, but if I wanted to fight that battle, I would still be in America"
"No"
"Look, I don't know what your deal..."
"You left because of your boss"
Claire's mouth closed. Her mind racing.
"Your boss was attracted to you. You turned him down time and time again. Until he got fed up. Started to manipulate you. Control you."
"That pig, did not make me do anything I didn't want to do" Claire interrupted.
"Exactly"

Claire confusingly stared at Sherlock. Curiosity and anger stirring inside of her. She swallowed to clear her throat,

"What relevance does this have to you? Why are you so interested in my past?" She manage to ask,
"He was married"

What? How could he possible know this? This was news to Claire and she worked with this man for three years. This guys never even met the man.

"How is that possible? How could you know?"
"You've made an enemy Miss Hudson" he smiled,
"And a smart one too"