I Am Sherlocked

The Game is On

***

"Its like this!" Olivia instructed, as she pranced around the living room.

Claire followed in a drunken state laughing in content. The music bleeding through the speakers. Her head led her body into circles. She closed her eyes and let her body lose control. She let go of all composure until suddenly she was spinning so fast she couldn't contain herself. Her feet struggling to keep up the momentum.

***

That night Claire had trouble sleeping and so she went down to the living room and sat quietly. Sitting on the couch she peered out the windows and rested her head on top of her knees. She thought that coming home to London, and coming home to her aunt, she would feel less alone. It wasn't that she was alone, but more or less lost. Everything about Olivia's case made her second judge every decision, every meeting, and every person she had ever met. Maybe she was incompetent and too trusting.

Profiles of every one she ever knew filtered through her memories as she went through a process of elimination. The only trouble was, how was she suppose to make an elimination? How was she suppose to know who all these people were, if she never really knew them at all.

Frustrated, she wrapped her robe around her stomach and then slipped on her slippers. She lightly stepped on each stair trying not to make a creak until she got to the bottom. The door knob was cold to touch and it sent chilling shivers through her body. Every hair pricked up.

Opening the door a gush of wind greeted her. Claire's loose hair wrapped around her face, unexpectedly landing on her lips and in her mouth.
"Sherlock?" She asked, inquisitively looking closer to make sure.
He turned around swiftly. His coat swaying as he did so.
"Is that a smoke?" She asked as he blew out a bellow of smoke and coughing.
"It's impossible to kick the habit. Especially when you surrounded by so much stupid"
Slightly offended Claire looked up at him. His curly hair swept gracefully to the side of his face. His eyes, intriguingly staring into space. Her foot slipped on the wet concrete and she stumbled a bit. Sherlock with quick reactions tried to stop her from falling over completely. His gentle hand under her back as he pulled her towards him. Claire, startled, clung onto his jacket sleeve. Their eyes connecting in a still of a moment in time. His eyes were gentle as she stared into them. The soft blue surrounding the his iris were so deceivingly cold. She could smell his cologne, and the tinge of smoke that rested upon his jacket. She laughed awkwardly, as she straightened herself up. She tried to ignore the intimate feeling she felt from her clumsiness. But he was like a magnet to her. She could feel herself being pulled into his control.
Sherlock alike, collected himself. Only one other woman had made him feel the way he just felt touching Claire. And that was The Woman. It was so sudden and unexpected. It was uncontrollable. But he always felt that love was a losing game. And he never intended to lose. Claire cleared her throat and continued to look around her.
"Aren't you cold?" He asked, noting the little amount of clothing she was wearing. Her smooth olive legs that were exposed.
"Believe it or not, yes" she laughed, as she tugged the smoke from his hand. She inhaled the cigarette and blew it out.
"Ugh, low tar" She commented,
"Yes, Mycroft is some what of an amateur"
"Mycroft?"
"My brother dear" He said sarcastically.
"Brother? Sherlock Holmes, has a brother"
"Yes, I am human" He humored.

Claire smiled, her eyes distracting to Sherlock. He was becoming fond of this woman beside him.

"Goodnight Sherlock" She smiled, and went inside to bed.