I Am Sherlocked

Sherlock

Sherlock listened to Claire's footsteps as she walked back up the stairs before he pulled out his phone.

"Wasn't that easy?" The voice on the phone said,
"I can't make anyone fall in love with me" Sherlock stated correctly.
"Well, we'll just see about that"
"Who is this?" Sherlock asked,
"Remember the plan Sherlock. I will teach Claire the lesson she needs to be taught. I am the teacher, and you are my children"
"John quite often likes to remark on my childish behaviors, but I assure you, I am not" Sherlock hung up the phone and slipped it back into his pocket.

He screwed his face slightly, but not noticeable, as he tried to figure this riddle out. He ventured into his mind, running circles of darkness in his head. There was no light any where.
Annoyed at being the puppet in this game he walked to try and figure out a way to reverse the rolls. Some how he had to give them what they wanted, and manipulate them into giving him what he wanted. Without them knowing. It was difficult, because he still wasn't sure what it was that they wanted. There were two possible situations if he took into account all of the facts:

1. The person on the end of the phone is Victor's wife. She was envious of the attention her unhappy husband was giving to Claire. The only problem was, was that the person on the end of the phone seemed like they knew what they were doing. They knew how to make business deals, they knew how to manipulate people. Leverage. A wife of the CSI would hardly know how to handle herself in situations like this. She would lack experience.

2. The person on the end of the phone was the murderer of Olivia. Obviously an A class criminal and annoyed that Claire is interfering with the case. The only problem with this was that Claire was no longer on the case. Either she was still nagging the case, or she had revealed a vital piece of evidence and the murderer found out. But Claire hardly seems as if she would be so careless about the case. She's barely even talked about it with anyone else since she's been here.

However, taking in all the facts, both possibilities are just as possible as the other. So which one was it?

Sherlock begun arguing with himself inside his head. Each case presenting themselves as people he knew. Mycroft and Molly. Mycroft expertly arguing the point of balance of probability. The person who originally made the murder was more likely to be the person who is presently trying to accomplish a murder. Molly standing in her white doctors gown, pens in her pocket and her name tag upside down, argued that the original murderer was clumsy and messy when she killed Olivia. Leaving foot prints, and the murder weapon. Also was distasteful as she had ruthlessly stabbed Olivia mulitple times. Indicating an act of anger, rather than a carefully planned revenge. The person on the phone is being very precise about their identity, about what they know, and about what they wanted. A messy murderer could hardly be capable of precision planning, let alone executing it as well. Mycroft then argued, the wife of Victor would hardly be capable of planning a murder and yet have the most famous detective be her puppet. "Think Sherlock, what kind of person would bring themselves to your attention? The woman who successfully murdered a woman and got away with it? Or an inexperienced woman who has yet to commit her first crime?" Sherlock's mind-Mycroft expressed to him. Molly then rebutted, "All murderers have a pattern, all murderers are creatures of habit. We know this. You know this. The behaviors of murderer number one, and potential murderer are completely different. Those are the facts. Trust your senses" She said calmly. Mycroft looked sternly at Sherlock and Sherlock closed his eyes to both of them. There was something missing. Something was just not clicking. These two options were possible, but they weren't the answer. What was the answer? He asked himself slowly getting frustrated. When suddenly Irene entered his thoughts. "Lets have dinner", "Not now" Sherlock said out loud, "I'm working" and she vanished. Images of Olivia's case unfolded in his brain. Like a map of facts with different roads leading him in different directions. Sherlock walked the crime scene in his head, Olivia's body laying face down in the alley way. The blood in a pool around her. Her light brown hair slightly messy and the tips of it drenched in blood. He looks closer. Her hair was initially tied in a bun. Obvious, Sherlock thought to himself, she was a dancer. The murderer had to have come from behind her and used her hair to pull her down. But there weren't any wounds to the back of Olivia. All of them to her front. Molly entered the crime scene with Sherlock. "There is little defensive wounds on her which indicates that the attacker surprised her or knew her"
"Balance of probability" Sherlock said,
"The depth of the wounds are shallow, but lethal, indicating a small weapon, and a weaker body build to the average person, further indicates a woman as the attacker"
Sherlock turned with his hands clasped together under his chin. Struggling to solve this equation.
Why would someone so messily murder a woman, in the alley way of a known drug dealing location, and then target the friend of the woman murdered who also happens to be a CSI detective?
The more Sherlock thought about it, the further from the truth he became. His mind overloaded with facts. Things just weren't adding up. There was something missing from each of the options.

What was missing?