One Chance

Three

2011
Tyler finished his fifth beer in the last hour. He was nineteen and a Stanley Cup winner. He didn't care about a thing right now. He had the cottage to himself for a week before his family was coming down for his day with the cup. There were nearly naked girls and his drunken friends everywhere. It was only rounding 10:30 but he was making sure his party was going.
He walked onto his porch. There was a car parked out front of his neighbour's cottage. He spotted someone leaning their head on the steering wheel. He decided it was important to him and headed back into his house.
Jordan cried with her head on her steering wheel. In the last two years, she had lost her father and her mother. She sat up straight, wiping her face. She saw the build up of cars around cottage 404. Probably a party.
She grabbed her purse, deciding that it made more sense to go and calm down before bringing all her things inside. She climbed out of the car, locking it as she made her way to the same cottage her family rented every year.
Jordan heard a the sound of nails on a chalkboard, only louder, ring through the night before her car alarm pierced her ears. She took a deep breath before she spun around. A car sped past hers and down the street as her alarm sounded. She ran back to her car. The damage was evident. Her entire front driver's side was scratched. She held her head in her hands, holding back the tears.
"Hey, are you okay?" A guy asked.
She turn as he rested a hand on her shoulder. "No, my car's scratched to shit!" She yelled.
"Hold on, I'll get,"
"Get me whoever's party this is." She growled.
The guy nodded, running back to the cottage. Jordan looked over the damage. She didn't need this on top of everything else. Tyler approached the girl looking over the car. He saw her kneeling down to check the scratches.
"Look, I'm really sorry. I'll pay for anyth,"
"No," She shook her head and stood up. "Can you just ask you friends to be a little more careful, please?"
She turned and saw a bare torso. Her eyes trailed up to the guy's face. He was frowning at her. He had a baseball cap on his head backwards.
Stereotypical douchebag. She thought.
He knew her from somewhere. He was positive of it. The eyes were too familiar. He tried to think of all the girls he had slept with and which ones would possibly be here at the same time he was.
"Here. I'll just go park down the st,"
"No. I'll tell them to watch it. Anything else happens to it and I'll buy you a new car." He smiled.
"Thanks. I need to get insi,"
"I don't mean to be rude, but have we met before?" He questioned.
She laughed. "Is this some attempt at a pick up line?" She cocked a brow.
"No, no. I can seriously remember you from somewhere." He explained.
"Is this the part where you say 'Now I know, I've seen you in my dreams' because I'm really not,"
"Have you gone to a Bruins meet recently?"
She shook her head. "I live a half hour from Toronto. Why would I randomly be in Boston?"
He shrugged. "Did we, maybe, hook up before?" She went to yell. "I say that as a terrible thing on my part. I sleep around more than I should."
"Look, I don't think we've met so I'm gonna head inside." She said as she walked away.
"My name's Tyler, if that rings a bell!" He called.
She stopped in her tracks. She let out a laugh before she turned around. He was standing in the same spot. She started walking back towards him.
"Tyler Seguin?" He nodded when she said his name. "About," Her hand went to about her shoulder. "Yay big, and scrawny?" He laughed, nodding his head. "Jordan Turner." She said her name.
"Holy shit." He breathed out before pulling her into a hug. "You changed your hair."
She pulled back from him. "You changed your, everything." She gestured to his body.
"How the fuck have ya been? Wow, it's been what? Three years?" He asked.
She nodded. "I've been," She took a deep breath. "I've been going. Heard you won a cup?"
"Ironic that the last chat we had was about how I'd never get there." He smirked.
"Meh, you had a team of good guys. Wouldn't say it was your doing." She mocked. He rolled his eyes. "It's, uh, been really nice catching up but I need to get some rest. I've had a long day."
He nodded in understanding. "See ya around?" He offered.
"Definitely. Have a good night." She waved as she walked back to her cottage.
Tyler took off once her door closed. He rushed through his cottage to find Freddy. He found him strumming his guitar on the beach. He flew over to him.
"You'll never guess who I just ran into." He stated.
"I don't care enough to gue,"
"Jordan Turner." Tyler cut him off.
"Shit, eh? Is she still fit?" Freddy asked as he sat his guitar down.
"As ever, and she's a total mess." Tyler grinned.
"Who's he going on the prowl for now?" Alexa, Freddy's girlfriend, butted in.
"You know how Tyler is with damaged goods." Freddy mocked. "He's gonna take a spin at Jordan Turner."
Alexa scoffed. "No, you're not. Her mom just passed away. She doesn't need you trying to stick it up her ass while she's moping."
"For one, I'd never 'stick it in her ass' and for two, I had no idea about her mom." Tyler defended.
"Didn't she lose her dad last year?" Freddy asked.
"Yeah, and Tom went to Afghanistan. She's alone up here." Alexa sighed.
"Maybe we should hang out with her so she doesn't feel as bad?" Matt suggested, out of the blue.
"Is she still a snob?" Tyler laughed.
"No. She's totally cool now." Freddy told him. "We hung out last year when she came up to dump her dad's ashes. She bonded with Cand and Cass too."
"Wait, my sisters?" Tyler cocked a brow. Freddy nodded. "So I can't just hit it and quit it?"
Alexa let out a sound of disgust before she whacked his chest. "As if she'd let you hit it. Why don't you try and actually get to know the girl?" She asked.
Tyler growled. "That's so much work, Al." He whined.
"You a total dick." She hissed. "You're aware of that, right? This girl has no one and you're only fucking intentions are to fuck her and then forget about her?" Alexa laughed. "You're a fucking psychopath. A flat out maniac."
"Wow, Al, chill." Freddy tried to calm her down but rubbing her arm.
"No. I'm going to bed so I can get up tomorrow and see how Jordan's been because I'm not a piece of shit." She finished her rant.
"Alexa, did you not hear about the shit she said to me the last time I saw her? I'm not feeling being friends with that bitch." He explained.
"Let it go, Tyler! She was a sixteen year old brat that had her whole life ahead of her. Now she has nothing. Don't be so god damn selfish for once." Alexa pushed him before storming off to the cottage.
Tyler looked at his friends sitting around him. They all looked just as shocked as he was. He let out a breath as he sat down beside Freddy. Fred gave his shoulder a squeeze.
"Hate to say it, but Alexa might be right." He sighed.
"Yeah. I mean Jordan's been our friend longer than you have." Jake stated. "She's hurting and we should keep her mind off shit."
Tyler rolled his eyes. "Did you assholes all forget Jordan tell me how I wasn't going anywhere in the only thing I cared about? You don't think that hurt me?"
"And you proved her wrong." Jake shook his head.
"Get your head out of your ass and do something for somebody other then yourself for once, Ty." Matt scolded before he walked away.
Jake followed. Freddy and Tyler sat side by side in silence. Freddy agreed with everything they had said but couldn't tell Tyler that. He thought of the perfect thing to say.
"The shit you said to Jordan on the day she said shit to you, changed her. She's honestly a sweetheart now, Ty. You could probably really like h,"
"I don't want to like her. Everything inside of me wants to hate her. I hate her, Freddy." Tyler spat.
Fred took a deep breath. "Give her the chance she never gave you all those years ago. Give her a chance to show you that she's not the same girl. Give yourself a chance to show her that everything she said was wrong."
"Fine. One chance."